Clubs Enhancements

11 hours ago, misfit76 said:

Invite/add all member that participated in a discussion in a specific forum or topic to a club

It already happens when you MOVE an item to a club:

UvEePqy.png

The ENTIRE forum, no. That would be crazy. I see forums with 100,000, 300,000, 500,000 ... topics. If only each topic has 3 replies, it would be huge resource usage. I won't do that.

What's New in Version 1.0.17:

New features:

• Add a new setting to give the admin the ability to add new registered members as a MEMBER in selected clubs when they create the account.
    • Members will be deleted if the admin deletes the account
  • Add a new setting: Allow Club Owners to change Club ownership?
  • Added a button as a template by request.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 1 month later...
On 21/01/2018 at 2:45 PM, Legion of Honor said:

@Adriano Faria

I'm having a small issue.  It wont let me add members through the add member tab that have admin rights on the fourms and the ACP to clubs I've created.  Even though they were not a member yet and were not added  It says this:

5a64c3a0a6ace_Screenshot-2018-1-20BattleFieldGetaXB1(IA)-LegionofHonor(1).thumb.png.a6fdfba7a3f2adc7cbcac01dcff2227e.png

Hi there. Just tested and I'm able to add my whole member group to a club. This field only makes a couple of checkings:

foreach( $user as $member )
				{
					if( !is_object( $member ) or !$member->member_id )
					{
						throw new \InvalidArgumentException( 'form_member_bad' );
					}

if( $this->club->isLeader( $member ) OR $this->club->owner == $member )
					{
						throw new \InvalidArgumentException( 'clubsenhancementsCannotAdd' );
					}
				}
  1. If it's a valid member
  2. If it isn't the leader or the owner of the club

If you are totally sure that this member isn't in a group that has mod permission (privilegies) in all clubs, send a PM with credentials so I can check it out.

The mod permission:

xiXUCEN.png

Hi @Adriano Faria is it possible to disable this feature when creating a new club? "Automatically create the following features" (I also need to remove it because another 3rd party Application appears inside here which most of my members don't need)

I understand it is convenient, but most of my members do not use these features except Forum Topics. As a result all the Clubs have many feature tabs (Gallery, Blog) that are unused because they are already using them outside of Clubs.

I would prefer they add the feature tabs themselves after they create their Club.

5a6c31d039c59_2018-01-2715_56_57-Clubs-AnimeForums.thumb.png.8f0be2d82119c81c55f51e918611b95a.png

1 hour ago, Optic14 said:

Hi @Adriano Faria is it possible to disable this feature when creating a new club? "Automatically create the following features" (I also need to remove it because another 3rd party Application appears inside here which most of my members don't need)

I understand it is convenient, but most of my members do not use these features except Forum Topics. As a result all the Clubs have many feature tabs (Gallery, Blog) that are unused because they are already using them outside of Clubs.

I would prefer they add the feature tabs themselves after they create their Club.

No, not possible currenty. There's no setting to this. I'll add a setting in next version.

For now, let me know if you have FTP access, then I can edit the hook file to remove it in your install.

• 4 weeks later...

Some suggestions:

1. Email Invitation -- Allow club leader / owner to write custom email message, then enter multiple email addresses to send email invitation.  Will direct recipients to club homepage.
  2. Join Club button -- If user is not registered, add a big button everywhere in club for users to join the club ... on homepage, on banner, etc.
  3. Rename tabs & edit descriptions from front-end

Otherwise, nice job on the app.  

Edited by Joel R
9 hours ago, Joel R said:

Email Invitation -- Allow club leader / owner to write custom email message, then enter multiple email addresses to send email invitation.  Will direct recipients to club homepage

Brilliant idea.

Biggest issue we have is walking football club owners setting up the club but not inviting their players to join.

3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Joel, you can edit club title/description and features (tabs) title/description even without the plugin. It’s a core feature. 

8C1CA052-DBF4-4107-8897-6EAB776E6109.thumb.jpeg.c070c922028e6ed270c1ff31b4f3457d.jpeg

Oh, you have to be inside the node? I need to check this out.  I thought I could only do it from the ACP.  

3 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Brilliant idea.

Biggest issue we have is walking football club owners setting up the club but not inviting their players to join.

Yeah.  This is a user request from someone in my community.  He's a club owner and doesn't know how to invite (non-community) users to join.  

I am having a problem installing the Club Enhancements plugin. It will not install successfully/completely. I am running the 1.0.18 version of the plugin with the latest version of IP Board, 4.2.7. This is a new installation of IP Board that I have been configuring only for the last couple weeks. It only has a few other plugins installed (Discord App, Chatbox, PHP & TXT Widget, Display Name History, New Members Defaults, Minimized Quote, and Unread Topic Badge). I am only running IP Board with the Forums add-on.

Here is what happens specifically:

• It times out during the installation. It goes through the various phases but then it hangs after the "Set up completed for theme resources" phase.
  • If I go back into ACP it shows the plugin is installed, and it shows the settings but none of the features work. For example, having new users get assigned to a club. A better example though: even going to a club page and trying to manage the club does not show all the new options this plugin makes available (like changing owners, etc.) just the default 4 options.

Here is what I have tried to get it to work:

• Disable all other plugins
  • Uninstall/re-install the plugin
  • Upload a new version (of course just the same version) of the plugin on top of itself
  • Disable and re-enable the plugin
  • Tried doing this from a different browser

I am looking for any additional troubleshooting ideas, whether this is clearing out some files directly from the server, or something from the database. I am also wondering at least what comes directly after the "Set up completed for theme resources" so maybe that can help isolate the problem.

If there is some way to attempt to complete the installation manually, maybe that would be an idea as well.

I notice that after 10 seconds of trying to install the plugin the CPU performance for the Apache process goes to 100% then after 60 seconds the browser stops and I just have a blank screen and the process goes back to normal. I have a very nice server, and the site is not even in production/live yet, so I know it is not a performance issue.

@Brainy S., how many languages you have installed? Had a user with 18 language installed. This plugin has about 90 language bits so it won’t install fine in boards with so many languages. 

It doesn’t use any theme resource in this plugin. It’s a regular install just like any other so I’m not sure what phase is that. Are you using default theme? If not, have you tried on it?

I have a very nice server, and the site is not even in production/live yet, so I know it is not a performance issue.

On the other hand I sold 150+ copies of it and had issue with only one user (above) and it was a server issue. So send a PM with ACP  access so I can see what’s difference in your board. 

Anything in the ACP Logs or in /uploads/logs?

@kmk, since you insist, it’s up to me to add or not things that people suggests. Make your suggestions and wait. I suggest you to stop bumping it. You may be ignored.

Edited by Adriano Faria

Hi, thank you for the reply. I have about 8 languages installed, and about that many themes. I think I may have deleted the standard theme. I have tried this with other themes, but since the ACP does not itself use themes I do not think that should be an issue? I will look at the log file and see if there is anything useful there and contact you with more information directly. 

Thank you.