Clubs Enhancements

Hello,

Sorry if this is something already asked, but didn't found anything. I love Clubs that's why I came back to IPS. I also loved what I seen for the extra features that you plugin adds. But I'm not sure if I can organize clubs in categories (one level categories is fine for me). Does your plugin supports it? I'll buy it even if not, but just want to know it to avoid wasting my time trying to find how I can setup categories.

To avoid misunderstanding I don't mean eg forum categories inside a Club. I mean when I add a Club to select to which category it belongs.

Thank you

Chris

PS: Just now I found a post from July and the reply was negative. Pitty. But later on I found a newer post and you replied that you're working on it. What is the status now.

Edited by ChrisTERiS

Greetings.

Finally I decided to move to 4.2 to use clubs. Short story: I regret it. I bought this mod and helped a little bit, but I see now that Clubs was not designed to do what I plan to do.

I'd like to suggest for an option that I think makes sense. I'd like the possibility to disable the join club button in specific open clubs. This way, we could have an in between scenario:
an open (readable) club with restricted writable access.  As simple as hiding the "join club" button as an option when creating the club.

Everybody would be able to see and read the content in the club, but only specific users could add content (moderators or leaders). The actual permissions do not help because an open club can lead to people messing up with the club content and a closed club prevents all users from reading the content. 

6 hours ago, gabs007 said:

Greetings.

Finally I decided to move to 4.2 to use clubs. Short story: I regret it. I bought this mod and helped a little bit, but I see now that Clubs was not designed to do what I plan to do.

I'd like to suggest for an option that I think makes sense. I'd like the possibility to disable the join club button in specific open clubs. This way, we could have an in between scenario:
an open (readable) club with restricted writable access.  As simple as hiding the "join club" button as an option when creating the club.

Everybody would be able to see and read the content in the club, but only specific users could add content (moderators or leaders). The actual permissions do not help because an open club can lead to people messing up with the club content and a closed club prevents all users from reading the content. 

Can I ask why you wouldn't use IP.Pages database to do what you want? 

11 hours ago, Joel R said:

Can I ask why you wouldn't use IP.Pages database to do what you want? 

I'm not skilled to use Pages, I have very basic knowledge of programming. And I don't know if I could keep topics in a page.Plus clubs has nice features since they work like subforums ( kinda ) and that's what I like

35 minutes ago, gabs007 said:

I'm not skilled to use Pages, I have very basic knowledge of programming. And I don't know if I could keep topics in a page.Plus clubs has nice features since they work like subforums ( kinda ) and that's what I like

The nice thing about IP.Pages is there is NO programming required.  You can do advanced things if you want, but you don't need to.  

What you'd like to do is perfect for IP.Pages.  You create a database.  In the database, you create categories for different authors.  Those authors can write / update their articles, that anyone can read.  

You will need to use this plugin to manage permissions per category: