Clubs Enhancements

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Well, I see in another post that you have your theme/css changed: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/440324-answer-vote-button-gone/

Anyway, any plugin is supported only in default theme. I can't support every theme out there; that's why there's a pattern to follow, otherwise I would have to release a version for each theme. Ask support to your designer. It uses the custom fields "hook point" to display the clubs.

ok, I understand quite well you cannot support each customizet theme, but if it is some kind of general behaviour, I'm just trying to make make it happen in our theme... ;)
Regarding my problem, in fact it was just a misalignment problem (already solved), not a "missing" problem...

Hello again, is there a way to dissociate the club type rights to create some specific rights : for example something like anybody can see the club content but only members can post ?
And same question about the Forums located in the club that through your plugin can currently only be hidden/disable.
Thank you for your attention. 

Edited by Zorro_X

In communities like mine where controlling, managing, banning, censoring &  restricting cotent/information (for legal reasons)  is the bread & butter, I wonder if it would be possible to have a tab ( or more than one ) where the club owner didn't have the ability to moderate ( move, block, delete) in his/her own club ? 

This way the moderator could add a tab with content in the club that exceeds the permissions of the club owner. 

What's New in Version 1.0.15:

New:

• Unapproved Clubs: new setting to make pending clubs more prominent in Club Directory. It will display a new block.

Feature Disabled:

• The option to disable a feature and reorder tabs are temporaraly disabled due to a conflict with the new Member Map tab. It may come back in a further version.

*** TAB REORDER AND FEATURE DISABLE ARE NOW DISABLE DUE TO AN INCOMPATIBILITY WITH ANOTHER RESOURCE. IT MAY COME BACK AS SOON AS I MANAGE TO FIX THE INCOMPATIBILITY ***

Edited by Adriano Faria

Thanks @Adriano Faria for another quality update, although I have a question about the disabled feature: Is the tab re-order still enabled for those that don't use Member Maps? The re-order feature is one of the only reasons why I brought this from the market place in the first place.

I have suggestion too:

Is there any way of allowing taller cover images, much in the same say as the Kitchen Sink mod allows profile cover images to be slightly taller? I reckon this is a simple CSS tweak but I figured it might make a good setting for admins, to enable for all groups. :) 

3 minutes ago, Tripp_UK said:

although I have a question about the disabled feature: Is the tab re-order still enabled for those that don't use Member Maps?

It is disabled until I manage to workaround. In the meantime, it's really disabled but in the end, if I can't make it, I will post that it is incompatible with Member Map due to the way I extend a method; that's not Martin's fault.

3 minutes ago, Tripp_UK said:

The re-order feature is one of the only reasons why I brought this from the market place in the first place.

I understand that now everybody will say that bought this because of this or that, but that' how it is now.

12 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

It is disabled until I manage to workaround. In the meantime, it's really disabled but in the end, if I can't make it, I will post that it is incompatible with Member Map due to the way I extend a method; that's not Martin's fault.

I understand that now everybody will say that bought this because of this or that, but that' how it is now.

Hey that's fine with me man, I completely understand. After all there are other neat features of your plugin that are very good, such as a homepage setting, so it's not the end of the world. I appreciate you're doing your best though, and I understand that it's no ones fault in particular. :) 

Edited by Tripp_UK

What's New in Version 1.0.15.1:

Fix - This version restores:

• Option to reorder tabs
  • Option to disable features

Compatibility:

• Compatible with Member Map and with any other resource that adds a tab via hook in the Club.

Note:

• Tabs added via hook, like Member Map, won't appear in the Manage Features to be reordered. Only tabs created via club will appear in there.

Tks to @Martin A. :thumbsup:

Edited by Adriano Faria

Screen%20Shot%202017-09-01%20at%2011.02.

As you an see, the "My Clubs" section is styled oddly compared to the other sidebar. I'm using the default theme, and I customize via custom.css. If your plugin added a class to the div, I could target and style that section much more easily than I can now.

7 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Not sure how... it uses only default classes:

That's my point: if you add a class like "club_enhancements" the block will be more easily styled independent of the other parts of the site.

<div class='ipsAreaBackground ipsPad ipsType_center ipsSpacer_top'>

Right there. Just make it something like:

<div class='ipsAreaBackground ipsPad ipsType_center ipsSpacer_top club_enhancements'>

Then I can style that without also changing the styling of the other things on my site.

Edited by iacas
clarity
8 minutes ago, Michael R said:

I moved a forum to a club. The forum had rules attached. Now I can't edit or access those rules as a topic in the club. Any suggestions?

Club features aren't edited as a forum/category and this comes from the Core, not from my plugin. You have to clean those things before you convert.

What do you want to do? Delete the rules? If so, send a PM. I'll do it via DB in your ACP.

Hi @Adriano Faria :) I am interested in buying your plugin but I was wondering if there's a way for you to add the ability to make a club's title Bold in the Clubs Sidebar Section (as shown in the photo) when there is a new post or thread in the club? My members like the clubs feature but some forget to check their clubs for new activity because it doesn't have a clear indicator for that when you're not in the club. 

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 5.24.08 PM.png

Edited by Platinum Threads
8 minutes ago, Platinum Threads said:

Hi @Adriano Faria :) I am interested in buying your plugin but I was wondering if there's a way for you to add the ability to make a club's title Bold in the Clubs Sidebar Section (as shown in the photo) when there is a new post or thread in the club? My members like the clubs feature but some forget to check their clubs for new activity because it doesn't have a clear indicator for that when you're not in the club. 

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 5.24.08 PM.png

No because a club can have only one feature but it also can have dozens. This really isn't a nice feature to have due to resources usage. 

@Adriano Faria, do you think it's possible to remove a member from a club?

I banned a spammer recently, but he joined several clubs. It's kinda goofy that IPS didn't add this in already - when a member is permanently banned, remove him from all clubs.

I can do it in the database directly, I'm sure, but… that can be a pain of course if it's a frequent thing.