Clubs Enhancements

On 01/09/2017 at 11:02 PM, iacas said:

@Adriano Faria, do you think it's possible to remove a member from a club?

I banned a spammer recently, but he joined several clubs. It's kinda goofy that IPS didn't add this in already - when a member is permanently banned, remove him from all clubs.

I can do it in the database directly, I'm sure, but… that can be a pain of course if it's a frequent thing.

Well, that's what I can do:

- A link to ADMINS only to ban members:

Capturar2.png

- Then a page where banned members from clubs will be listed + a text box to ban a member from there:

Capturar1.png

- and then the error message when trying to access any Club page, including its content items (topics, files, images, etc.).

Capturar.png

But I won't go further on this because it will a pain to extend a LOT of places, like search, activity streams, etc. So it will keep appearing to the user, but he won't have access if click on it.

On 9/1/2017 at 2:32 PM, Adriano Faria said:

No because a club can have only one feature but it also can have dozens. This really isn't a nice feature to have due to resources usage. 

Thanks for your reply.

Is it possible to allow club owners/or site admins to customize which club feature is the default when members click in the club (instead of the Home tab)? It would be easier for club members to see new posts and threads if I was able to make the Topics feature the default. We use the clubs like sub-forums on our site.

Edited by Platinum Threads
4 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I didn't allow it for owner because it can become a spam thingy but I can add a new setting in next version, so admin decide what's best to their boards.

Since a club is some sort of user group, I think a member of a given club should be granted an option to communicate club-mates, regardless of a club function (admin, club owner or just a regular user). Spam can always be achieved using a direct indication of users, don't you think? I would be a big fan of having an option of club-pm being available for every member of given club. Just give a parameter for that and everyone's happy.

Thank you Adriano - the Home page and add members are just what I needed. I was hoping to add a database to the home page but that doesn't seem to be an option (only WYSIWYG and Custom Blocks are available to add). Is this an IPS limitation or something that could be added? If it can't be changed, would it be possible to create an extra tab in the menu that could be a customisable hyperlink to an external page (That way, I could just link to the database outside of Club)? Thank you!

5 minutes ago, Lindsay Snow said:

I was hoping to add a database to the home page but that doesn't seem to be an option (only WYSIWYG and Custom Blocks are available to add)

It was always like that, as appears in the screenshots and in its version release note: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/438764-clubs-enhancements/?do=findComment&comment=2702659

6 minutes ago, Lindsay Snow said:

If it can't be changed, would it be possible to create an extra tab in the menu that could be a customisable hyperlink to an external page

You can do that by using a club custom field. 

9 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

You can do that by using a club custom field. 

Thank you for such a quick reply. I've had a play with custom field and don't think it's what I mean (or could have missed a final step?). I was hoping to add a customisable tab to the club header (as for example, memory map comes up as an extra tab)

Just now, rookiegirl said:

I just bought this plug in but my dropdown does not show according to screenshots?  Only 'edit settings' shows up on the drop down.

The only time I saw this happening the board was running with designers mode ON. Is that your case? Do you have any other plugin in Clubs?

Send a PM with credentials so I can take a look.