Donations Support

Hello Mike John,

Forgive me for posting here if this is not the proper place to post. I did send a PM however I have not received a response. I am have having an issue with my donations mod. It was reported that donations could not be accepted via PayPal and that it was defaulting to a email address that was unfamiliar (please see attached). I believe this was some sort of hack! I scanned my website and updated to the latest version of the donation mod, however the PayPal gateway is no longer available. I am inclined to totally remove the donation mod and reinstall it fresh however I do not want to lose the data. 

Please advise...

Kindest Regards,

www.104thphoenix.com

104thpaypal.jpg

On 9/18/2017 at 3:21 AM, Mike John said:

f your only going to maintain 1 currency, I would recommend modify the existing USD currency rather then adding a new one or removing the USD one. That way you've got the default currency already set. The member rewards use the default currency, which in this case would likely be the USD one still. So it sounds like your donating in GBP and not falling within a range of a reward using USD.

We have decided to give this another go on the site and have renewed our license and reinstalled the product

We have done as you have suggested above and edited the default us currency to GBP using TAG entry 826 which is the iso 4217 code for pounds sterling

When we do a test donation paypal reports error  -  This recipient does not accept payments denominated in USD. Please contact the seller and ask him to update his payment receiving preferences to accept this currency.

What else do we need to edit?

@Mike John

Is it possible to have a separate page for each Donation Goal?

Sometimes I have multiple goals running simultaneously and each goal has its own images and information along with donation feeds. Running multiple Donation Goals can be cluttered. Instead of the Donation page stacking goals from top to bottom, I wonder if we can have each goal posted on a separate page, with a separate ID.

The Donation Index page can be like a hub which lists all of the Donation Goals and when a goal is clicked it takes the users to that specific Donation Goal.

I understand this request requires more time and work so I am more than willing to pay extra for this feature.

I also believe other members may have use for this request as well.

Please consider?

Thank you!

Edited by GrooveOnBeat
On 1/14/2019 at 3:17 PM, SJ77 said:

Yes

That wouldn't really be possible unless you did some custom work to support it in another app or the commerce app for example.

On 2/4/2019 at 4:09 PM, All Ts said:

Is there currently support to use the Client ID and Secret from PayPal's API such as the Commerce Package does? I purchased this seeing the rest of the features sort of assuming that was a given, but I'm having trouble with the Gateways getting it set up in a way where my members aren't going to see my personal information.. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Not currently, I'm using the basic IPN from Paypal.

On 2/7/2019 at 10:35 PM, ChrisTERiS said:

Public pages (especially blocks showing financial statistics) can be hidden? 

There's support for this via "private goals" which hide related donation amounts to that goal. Another alternative would be to disable "can view donations" in the group permissions for your member groups.

It really depends on where you want to hide the amounts only or the donations all together. But generally those 2 approaches above can achieve either.

On 2/13/2019 at 5:02 AM, Edward Green said:

Forgive me for posting here if this is not the proper place to post. I did send a PM however I have not received a response. I am have having an issue with my donations mod. It was reported that donations could not be accepted via PayPal and that it was defaulting to a email address that was unfamiliar (please see attached). I believe this was some sort of hack! I scanned my website and updated to the latest version of the donation mod, however the PayPal gateway is no longer available. I am inclined to totally remove the donation mod and reinstall it fresh however I do not want to lose the data. 

As I've just wrapped up IPB 4.4.x updates, I'll be caught up with support issues soon. If you haven't already, would you mind including admin login details in your PM for your forums? That way I can check over the settings and see what's happening.

On 2/20/2019 at 3:20 AM, Unlucky said:

I have just changed the tag from the ISO number code to GBP and it seems to work

Yes GBP is correct. I'll check over the language again and try and make it a bit clearer. Especially if it's saying "number" for any reason.

On 2/24/2019 at 10:19 AM, GrooveOnBeat said:

Is it possible to have a separate page for each Donation Goal?

If you click on the goals name, it should have a "goals" page with donations for that goal only. Let me know if that helps or it needs further changes to it.

55 minutes ago, Mike John said:

f you click on the goals name, it should have a "goals" page with donations for that goal only. Let me know if that helps or it needs further changes to it.

Oh? I didn't realize that.

I guess because I customize the templates so much I must have removed that part of the code. Oops!

I am still using IPS 4.1x and haven't tested IPS 4.4 yet. I will check it the default templates once I start testing. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Following error is being generated by the app:

Cannot use object of type IPS\Db\Select as array

#0 /system/Node/Model.php(1564): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::constructFromData(Object(IPS\Db\Select), true)
#1 /applications/donate/sources/Reward/Reward.php(271): IPS\Node\_Model::constructFromData(Object(IPS\Db\Select))
#2 /applications/donate/modules/admin/donations/donations.php(242): IPS\donate\_Reward::issue('176.00', Object(IPS\Member))
#3 [internal function]: IPS\donate\modules\admin\donations\_donations->add()
#4 /system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#5 /applications/donate/modules/admin/donations/donations.php(30): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\donate\modules\admin\donations\_donations->execute()
#7 /admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, when i do test donation via ACP, it creates the topic and everything, but when someone send me donation via donate GOAL, its not working, goal is no updating and nothing happens, topic don't create at all.

I get the money, but nothing is happening on the website, i use the latest version.

// Got it working.

Edited by Mesharsky | H2K

On 4/18/2019 at 4:05 AM, Mesharsky | H2K said:

Hello, when i do test donation via ACP, it creates the topic and everything, but when someone send me donation via donate GOAL, its not working, goal is no updating and nothing happens, topic don't create at all.

I get the money, but nothing is happening on the website, i use the latest version.

// Got it working.

Can you please share how you got it working. After 2-3 years, my system is now behaving like you have described above.

Edited by Emediate
12 hours ago, Emediate said:

Can you please share how you got it working. After 2-3 years, my system is now behaving like you have described above.

Funny, because the problem was caused by nginx, when i was using hybrid mode, or nginx mode it never worked, i was not sure why

Hybrid = Static files will work from nginx and dynamic files works from apache

When i switched to proxy mode so
Proxy = Nginx works as a proxy server in front of apache. .htaccess rules works

Everything work now as normall, i don't know if IPS is suitable fully for nginx, so the best way to use it is as the proxy mode.

Hello and thanks for this usefull app. I got the latest version but i got a problem.

Donations sent by PayPal dont register on forum members. I get the money in my paypal account but nothing registers on the website. I have IPN activated and it actually registers the transactions according to the IPN History Log.

Any idea how to solve this? Cheers!

I have this in my logs:

IPN/API request made that does not appear to be from the Donations application.

and this:

IPN/API Mismatch

I get these even if i have the correct Notification Link and Message Delivery ENABLED in PayPal's IPN.

Also, in the logs donors appear as Guests with the same ip 173.0.81.1. The moment they try to donate, are logged in, so, no way they could be Guests.

What can be the cause of this dear @Mike John wherever you are?

Edited by JohnnyUSA2k3

It's clearly down for many of us. For all those it's not working for run the latest minor release update in the last week or so? I think this might have been related.

@Mike John has been online here numerous times in the past few days - as recently as 1 Hour ago. I've posted here, PMd him, joined his site and contacted him there.

Assuming everything is OK with him (which I assume it is), then if he can log on here surely he can acknowledge our many problems and attempts at communication. It's just not good enough if the product he sells is advertised with Support, which at the moment is non-existent and has created major headaches for us and our customers now.

I'm heading overseas in 48 hours and will simply have to shut our Donations system for a minimum of two weeks now if not resolved.

•  1 hour ago\
15 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

Suddenly one of mine just worked. Strange.....

Weird, one random transaction of ours just worked too.