Donations Support

@jcsnider, @Emediate

1. Do you guys gave Guests access to the Donation app?

2. Are you using the paypal merchand code or just the paypal e-mail setup on the PayPal Gateway settings.

3. If you try to access the link generated in the PayPal Gateway, what message it gives you?

4. What hosting are you using? I’m using Siteground.

5. Last one, when the problems started, you got any IPN errors in logs?

Thanks in advance.

ps: i think @Mike John is fine, seen him posting something yesterday on his forums.

Edited by JohnnyUSA2k3
On 4/20/2019 at 1:47 AM, Julien Costes said:

Hello, when I want to edit some widgets, I have this error:

Have you upgraded to the latest version that includes "IPB 4.4 compatibility"? That should of fixed this issue.

On 4/27/2019 at 12:42 AM, Sp4x said:

Is this Gateway compatible with your Plugin? Or do you use your own Gateway implementation?

No sorry the gateway itself is not included and Commerce integration isn't currently possible. I am working on a solution for more gateway support but it's still some months away.

On 5/3/2019 at 11:29 PM, JohnnyUSA2k3 said:

Donations sent by PayPal dont register on forum members. I get the money in my paypal account but nothing registers on the website. I have IPN activated and it actually registers the transactions according to the IPN History Log.

Could you please PM me payment logs (acp > donations tab > payment logs) or admin cp login details to check? I want to confirm a few of these reports and then put together a quick patch for this.

Edit: Ignore that, I see you've already supplied further details. If you happen to have ftp login details for your ipb files, PM me and I can pass a test patch for you to try.

Edit2: Just wanted to apologies for everyone for the delay, I'm currently in the middle of a big move and only catching up with support now.

Edited by Mike John
On 5/5/2019 at 9:05 PM, Mike John said:

Have you upgraded to the latest version that includes "IPB 4.4 compatibility"? That should of fixed this issue.

No sorry the gateway itself is not included and Commerce integration isn't currently possible. I am working on a solution for more gateway support but it's still some months away.

Could you please PM me payment logs (acp > donations tab > payment logs) or admin cp login details to check? I want to confirm a few of these reports and then put together a quick patch for this.

Edit: Ignore that, I see you've already supplied further details. If you happen to have ftp login details for your ipb files, PM me and I can pass a test patch for you to try.

Edit2: Just wanted to apologies for everyone for the delay, I'm currently in the middle of a big move and only catching up with support now.

thanks for the update, we're going through a move too! so we know the stress! we also have the same issue with the donation gateway not recording (i also PMd logs last week)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2019 at 8:05 PM, Luke Daley said:

thanks for the update, we're going through a move too! so we know the stress! we also have the same issue with the donation gateway not recording (i also PMd logs last week)

If anyone else is having this problem, please PM for the latest patch. I just wanted to do a bit more testing to absolutely confirm it's fixed the issue before releasing a new update probably next week some time.

Hey just purchased this app (was using your free one for awhile). An issue I am running into is that the app doesnt update the donor in the donor list. I am having to do this manually.

Just now, Cory Fuller said:

Hey just purchased this app (was using your free one for awhile). An issue I am running into is that the app doesnt update the donor in the donor list. I am having to do this manually.

I Lied. Im sorry. Just took a few minutes to update.

If anyone have problem with curriences in top donors / profile.

The problem only exist if you have 2 curriences, for example EURO AND PLN(POLISH ZŁOTY).

1 euro = 4.27 PLN

If someone donates 10 EURO, in top donors weekly it says only 10 pln instead of 40.value. And to your profile is added only 10 pln as well.

Here is a fix for that.

Path to file applications/donate/widgets/donateTopDonors.php

Find this

foreach ( \IPS\Db::i()->select( array( 'member_id', 'amount' ), 'donate_users', $where ) as $donation )
        {
            if ( !isset( $topDonors[ $donation['member_id'] ] ) )
            {
                $topDonors[ $donation['member_id'] ] = $donation['amount'];
            }
            else
            {
                $topDonors[ $donation['member_id'] ] += $donation['amount'];
            }
        }

Change it to this

foreach ( \IPS\Db::i()->select( array( 'member_id', 'amount', 'rate' ), 'donate_users', $where ) as $donation )
        {
			$donation['amount'] *= $donation['rate'];
            if ( !isset( $topDonors[ $donation['member_id'] ] ) )
            {
                $topDonors[ $donation['member_id'] ] = $donation['amount'];
            }
            else
            {
                $topDonors[ $donation['member_id'] ] += $donation['amount'];
            }
        }

Those changes you need to apply in profile code and everywhere. To make to work propery.

I want to mention the goal update is working fine, just top donors and $ added to your profile is not working good.

• 1 month later...

Hello.. I have a little problem since 2 days for some reason the plugin stopped show donations.... and also don't show nothing on the admin area.

Its like do a direct donation to the paypal address without using the forum.

Not sure where or why it started but my goal is showing the wrong amounts. Infact it seems to give a random number every few days but no one has donated this month.

edit* right after posting I had an idea to recreate the goal from scratch. This fixed it but not sure why it happened in the first place.

Edited by Cory Fuller
  • 2 weeks later...

Im having an issue where donations wont show up in the goal box or donors. It all started when last month the goal wouldn't end and started giving random numbers. I deleted the goal and started fresh. Ive spent a few hours making sure the settings where right but its still not showing any updates. Any advice on what to look for or fix?

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2019 at 12:48 AM, Rikhard Roman said:

Hello.. I have a little problem since 2 days for some reason the plugin stopped show donations.... and also don't show nothing on the admin area.

Its like do a direct donation to the paypal address without using the forum.

Can you please upgrade to the latest versions released recently. They should patch some of the issues between the ipn and donations recording.

On 7/18/2019 at 10:02 PM, Donald Wilkins said:

is there no way to close donation goals after the times up and not after the goal has been reached ?

Not currently.

On 7/19/2019 at 11:29 PM, Cory Fuller said:

Im having an issue where donations wont show up in the goal box or donors. It all started when last month the goal wouldn't end and started giving random numbers. I deleted the goal and started fresh. Ive spent a few hours making sure the settings where right but its still not showing any updates. Any advice on what to look for or fix?

Can you first try the latest upgrade. If that doesn't help, I'll need admin login details to check over your settings and troubleshoot this further.

On 8/23/2019 at 4:11 AM, Mike John said:

Can you please upgrade to the latest versions released recently. They should patch some of the issues between the ipn and donations recording.

Not currently.

Can you first try the latest upgrade. If that doesn't help, I'll need admin login details to check over your settings and troubleshoot this further.

We have a chat on your site "devfuse", and waiting answer since august 16 ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/27/2019 at 10:53 PM, Rikhard Roman said:

We have a chat on your site "devfuse", and waiting answer since august 16 ...

I should have a reply up there now.

On 9/11/2019 at 2:09 PM, jcsnider said:

Any chance you might consider a small tweak where you can set the promote primary timeframe to 0 days (to skip primary group promotion). I'm looking for a way to make all donations extend the addition of a secondary group only.

Do you have ftp access to your ipb files? If so, I can provide a patch to get around this until the next update.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/26/2016 at 1:19 AM, Mike John said:

There are 2 tabs, one for "Donations" and the other for "Goals". Do both have date sets?

None in ACP > Donations tab > Gateways > Paymentwall? Should be at the very bottom with fields for api, key, widget.

Stripe is probably the leading candidate for the next gateway.

Another request from me, yet I have recently started using Stripe with IP.Commerce.

Please, please will you add it so we can accept card donations.

13 hours ago, Mike John said:

It will be added, I just wasn't able to get to it in 2019. I don't want to provide another estimate as I haven't been able to keep my previous commitments.

I’m sure everyone understands, you have a lot of resources and other things on your hands - I’m happy to wait.

Its just nice to know that it will be added.

On 1/3/2020 at 5:10 PM, Ember Stone said:

Lets say someone donate using offline donation and it goes to review.

Then system or admin automatically pm that user with donation info like how to donate and where to donate.

Offline donations already require approval before appearing in the Donations app.

There isn't a separate PM for offline donations though, you would need to use the existing one that is sent for all donations if enabled.

If you have any more questions, let me know.

RiCbeV8.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/1/2020 at 8:59 PM, oxg88 said:

Unfortunately the author of the plugin has little interest in the problem.

It's harder to troubleshoot this without ftp access. I'm still working on this though and if anyone else with the problem does want to provide ftp access, please let me know.