Donations Support

hey your addon is nice but since i installed it my server has crashes:

2017-05-17 16:49:21    Error    79.236.***.***        (70007)The timeout specified has expired: AH01075: Error dispatching request to : (polling), referer: https://***.net/index.php?app=donate&do=payment&gateway=1                Apache error
2017-05-17 16:49:21    Error    79.236.***.***        (70007)The timeout specified has expired: AH01075: Error dispatching request to : (polling), referer: https://***.net/index.php?app=donate&do=payment&gateway=1                Apache error
2017-05-17 16:49:21    Error    79.236.***.***        616#0: *1334666 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while connecting to upstream                nginx error
2017-05-17 16:49:22    Error    79.236.***.***        (70007)The timeout specified has expired: AH01075: Error dispatching request to : (polling), referer: https://***.net/index.php?app=donate&do=payment&gateway=1                Apache error

On 16/05/2017 at 4:34 PM, B_U_R_I said:

The amount can be seen in the widget:

Can you try removing and then re-adding that widget to see if the widget cache is the issue?

11 hours ago, Willie88 said:

hey your addon is nice but since i installed it my server has crashes:

Do you have any errors in acp > donations tab > donation logs? I may need board access to investigate this.

On 18.5.2017 at 4:20 AM, Mike John said:

Can you try removing and then re-adding that widget to see if the widget cache is the issue?

Do you have any errors in acp > donations tab > donation logs? I may need board access to investigate this.

i just send you acp access

On 24/05/2017 at 1:20 AM, Nathan Baker said:

Brought this plugin today, set it all up and works beautifully. However when I try and setup the Member Rewards I receive an error and wont let me access it? https://gyazo.com/1c37f93df60cc9695e8957214744a350

Manual patch:

Open applications/donate/sources/Reward/Reward.php

Find:

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\NumberRange( 'reward_amount_range', $this->rid ? array( 'start' => $this->amount_range1, 'end' => $this->amount_range2 ) : array( 'start' => 0, 'end' => 100 ), FALSE, array( 'start' => array( 'decimals' => 2 ), 'end' => array( 'decimals' => 2 ) ) ) );

Replace With:

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Custom( 'reward_amount_range', $this->rid ? array( 'start' => $this->amount_range1, 'end' => $this->amount_range2 ) : array( 'start' => 0, 'end' => 100 ), FALSE, array( 'getHtml' => function( $element )
		{
			return "<input type='text' value='{$element->value['start']}' name='reward_amount_range[start]' min='0' class='ipsField_short'> - <input type='text' value='{$element->value['end']}' name='reward_amount_range[end]' min='0' class='ipsField_short'>";
		} ), NULL, NULL, NULL, 'reward_amount_range' ) );

Save.

Well it's been up for renewal again (like the 3rd time, haven't kept count, since originally purchasing), but I haven't renewed yet because afaik none of the services I can utilize have available gateways to utilize them through the app despite being requested more than a year ago and I'm still having quite a few issues / possible bugs that I'd like to have sorted.

Pending/unapproved donations still seem to be added to the total donated amount on the goals which leads people to believe it's been met when it hasn't, and deleting a pending donation doesn't remove the amount from the goal (I have to click edit on the goal then submit for it to reset back to what has been approved after deleting the unapproved donations).

Randomly when adding donations via admin cp, I'm occasionally sent to a blank white page instead of it loading the proper page... and since no gateways have been made I've had to configure this app as an offline donation mode with details to PM me so I can direct users where to go to send donations via their own accounts on the services we utilize and then manually deal with adding the donations to the app myself.

I also have to delete the unapproved donations and manually add them, because if I just click the "approve" on the ones sent through, the app seems to often fail at actually promoting users to the donator group.

If you click on a goal on the donation page, it should take you to a page with the goal and donations made on that goal, but instead it spits out an error saying the page doesn't exist.

It just doesn't seem worth it to continue forking over ~$40 for renewals when I've already invested like ~$120 towards it and I'm manually having to do everything and work around issues. I just can't justify spending funds on an app meant to automate a process that I'm still being required to manually do. Literally the only thing this has been useful for without gateways to the other services has been to simply list users donated amounts.

I'd still like to see gateways for Stripe (credit/debit/prepaid cards & Bitcoins) and GoogleWallet. If it's possible to add these gateways and fix the bugs I'm having, I'll gladly renew, but otherwise I think I'll have to look elsewhere unfortunately. I hope this post isn't seen negatively, as I am greatful for the services you have provided and in most cases you have been excellent in response times and bug fixes on the various addons I've used from you in the past, I just feel like this particular app still hasn't had the kinks worked out to the level it had back on the excellent IPS 3.4.x edition several years back (though back then I wasn't banned from paypal either :cry:).

Edited by Koby
6 hours ago, Koby said:

I'd still like to see gateways for Stripe (credit/debit/prepaid cards & Bitcoins) and GoogleWallet. If it's possible to add these gateways and fix the bugs I'm having, I'll gladly renew, but otherwise I think I'll have to look elsewhere unfortunately. I hope this post isn't seen negatively, as I am greatful for the services you have provided and in most cases you have been excellent in response times and bug fixes on the various addons I've used from you in the past, I just feel like this particular app still hasn't had the kinks worked out to the level it had back on the excellent IPS 3.4.x edition several years back (though back then I wasn't banned from paypal either :cry:).

I've got a few dozen confirmed bugs that I'm working on at the same time as the IPB 4.2 compatibility update. That will bring quite a few things up to scratch. Unfortunately more gateways will be delayed while I focus on bugs and IPB 4.2.

IPB 3.4.x did have the advantage of time but I think you'll find that IPB 4.x version will be as stable as each version comes out.

I included these issues in my review - but then figured it might be useful to post this here, to see what your thoughts are and if these are features you intend to work on.

Promotions

The promotions don't actually work as "promotions" when it comes to secondary groups. Users aren't promoted from one group to another, they just get one in addition to the other. They just add the group itself, but don't replace the "previous" group in your promotions.

Additionally, you can only set these groups to be added based on the size of the donation, there's no option to promote users based on their total amount donated (accumulated through several donations).

So if you have a design where members accumulate their donations to larger donation rewards overall (e.g. reach 30€ total to become a Shiny Supporter, reach 50€ total to become a Super Supporter, etc.), this plugin unfortunately wont help you.

Donation / Promotion PM

It would also be nice to be able to designate a separate "Promotion PM" in addition to the "Donation PM" since there's an option to send both of those (but they'll contain the same text if you have both enabled). Another thing that would be useful would be a tag for those messages to include the person's amount total, so you could say something like "Thank you for your donation of 10€, this puts you at 30€ total, which means you have attained the rank of Shiny Supporter!".

It was a bit frustrating getting this because it looked like it had all the correct components, it's just that they are used in a way that are not useful (to our needs at least).

On 09/06/2017 at 10:55 PM, Rok Zupan said:

The promotions don't actually work as "promotions" when it comes to secondary groups. Users aren't promoted from one group to another, they just get one in addition to the other. They just add the group itself, but don't replace the "previous" group in your promotions.

This was changed as a lot of people wanted to keep existing secondary groups and not have the Donations app override what was set. But this is the second time I believe this has been mentioned so I will look into making this an option instead of fixed.

Additionally, you can only set these groups to be added based on the size of the donation, there's no option to promote users based on their total amount donated (accumulated through several donations).

This is already possible with the "Award based on total donations" setting. In acp > donations tab > goal settings.

It would also be nice to be able to designate a separate "Promotion PM" in addition to the "Donation PM" since there's an option to send both of those (but they'll contain the same text if you have both enabled). Another thing that would be useful would be a tag for those messages to include the person's amount total, so you could say something like "Thank you for your donation of 10€, this puts you at 30€ total, which means you have attained the rank of Shiny Supporter!".

You can still change the message in the language strings but a PM setting for it is already planned.

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/05/2017 at 4:41 AM, Mike John said:

Manual patch:

Open applications/donate/sources/Reward/Reward.php

Find:

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\NumberRange( 'reward_amount_range', $this->rid ? array( 'start' => $this->amount_range1, 'end' => $this->amount_range2 ) : array( 'start' => 0, 'end' => 100 ), FALSE, array( 'start' => array( 'decimals' => 2 ), 'end' => array( 'decimals' => 2 ) ) ) );

Replace With:

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Custom( 'reward_amount_range', $this->rid ? array( 'start' => $this->amount_range1, 'end' => $this->amount_range2 ) : array( 'start' => 0, 'end' => 100 ), FALSE, array( 'getHtml' => function( $element )
		{
			return "<input type='text' value='{$element->value['start']}' name='reward_amount_range[start]' min='0' class='ipsField_short'> - <input type='text' value='{$element->value['end']}' name='reward_amount_range[end]' min='0' class='ipsField_short'>";
		} ), NULL, NULL, NULL, 'reward_amount_range' ) );

Save.

Michael,

On my donation page, I have enabled 'Private Goal' but on the bottom of the page it shows the amount.

Is there any fixes for this, as I wouldn't want the amount to show. People tend to be very judgement and the amount I hope to raise is very ambitious. Despite informing people I aim to purchase various equipment and stuff, I don't feel comfortable revealing such an high goal (likewise if it was small, people may not bother).

12 hours ago, Joey_M said:

On my donation page, I have enabled 'Private Goal' but on the bottom of the page it shows the amount.

Confirmed bug and will be patched soon as part of the IPB 4.2 update. A temporary patch would be to adjust the template bit, can put together if you need help.

2 hours ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

Allow editing of Donation notes in the Profile. There are times when I make a note and need to change something. The only thing I can do at the moment is to edit or delete the notes from the database.

I'll note for a future version. Shouldn't be an issue adding.

Edited by Mike John
On 7/7/2017 at 9:23 PM, Joey_M said:

Please Michael.

If you open your theme editor > donate > front > browse > goalBlock

Find:

<li class='ipsPos_right'><span class='ipsType_light ipsType_small ipsResponsive_hidePhone'>{formatmoney="$goal->received, $goal->_currency"} {lang="donate_of"} {formatmoney="$goal->amount, $goal->_currency"} {lang="goal_reached"}</span></li>

Replace With:

{{if !$goal->private}}
                    <li class='ipsPos_right'><span class='ipsType_light ipsType_small ipsResponsive_hidePhone'>{formatmoney="$goal->received, $goal->_currency"} {lang="donate_of"} {formatmoney="$goal->amount, $goal->_currency"} {lang="goal_reached"}</span></li>
			    {{endif}}

Save.

22 hours ago, Mike John said:

If you open your theme editor > donate > front > browse > goalBlock

Find:

Replace With:

{{if !$goal->private}}
			    {{endif}}

Save.

The View counter doesn't seem to be working @Mike John.

I've had 2 donations, whilst I've easily loaded the page 30 or so times and the counter still says 0.

Suggestion:

Can we have a setting so that if members are in selected secondary groups, they do not get promoted to a new primary group?

For example:

Member A donates and is now in Donors member group (primary). Works as expected.

Member B is in the Donors member group (secondary).

What I want to see is when member B donates, then member B's primary group remains unchanged.

If it's not already possible, is it something we can have in a future release?

On 7/12/2017 at 9:38 AM, Joey_M said:

The View counter doesn't seem to be working

Confirmed, will be patched in this upcoming update.

On 7/12/2017 at 5:28 PM, GrooveOnBeat said:

If it's not already possible, is it something we can have in a future release?

I probably won't be able to include in this upcoming update but will note it as shouldn't be too hard to add in the future.

Things seem to be working, except for Member Rewards that give errors:

Error: Class 'IPS\Helpers\Form\NumberRange' not found (0)
#0 /home/shadowne/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(467): IPS\donate\_Reward->form(Object(IPS\Helpers\Form))
#1 /home/shadowne/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(366): IPS\Node\_Controller->_addEditForm(Object(IPS\donate\Reward))
#2 /home/shadowne/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#3 /home/shadowne/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /home/shadowne/public_html/applications/donate/modules/admin/setup/rewards.php(35): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home/shadowne/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\donate\modules\admin\setup\_rewards->execute()
#6 /home/shadowne/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

Suggestions?