Donations Support

13 hours ago, Michael.J said:

I'm sorry but reluctant to take on new custom requests until after I've finished these IPB 4.5 updates. They've already been delayed a lot longer then I would of liked.

I respect this, as it's only fair to those waiting for the updates for 4.5.

Will be happy to offer this once you've finished, as it would make a huge difference for me. It's a struggle dealing with people who want to donate and help [which I am incredibly thankful for] but have no means or simply don't want to use PayPal.

Thanks, Michael.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/3/2019 at 3:29 PM, JohnnyUSA2k3 said:

Hello and thanks for this usefull app. I got the latest version but i got a problem.

Donations sent by PayPal dont register on forum members. I get the money in my paypal account but nothing registers on the website. I have IPN activated and it actually registers the transactions according to the IPN History Log.

I have the same issue on my latest donations. I have latest IPS v4.5.4.2, and the latest version Donations App v3.5.0.

I have the IPN enabled in my Paypal account, with my URL.

In Payment logs I see something like this:

Guest	09/01/21 02:52	173.0.81.1	IPN/API Mismatch

IPN/API request made that does not appear to be from the Donations application.

@Michael.J

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Michael.J, when I try to enter settings, I get this error:

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /var/www/vhost/universo-lf.net/home/html/system/Node/Model.php(1060): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(5)
#1 /var/www/vhost/universo-lf.net/home/html/system/Node/Model.php(1077): IPS\Node\_Model->parent()
#2 /var/www/vhost/universo-lf.net/home/html/system/Content/ClubContainer.php(398): IPS\Node\_Model->parents()
#3 /var/www/vhost/universo-lf.net/home/html/system/Helpers/Form/Node.php(326): IPS\forums\_Forum->parents()
#4 /var/www/vhost/universo-lf.net/home/html/system/Helpers/Form/FormAbstract.php(270): IPS\Helpers\Form\_Node->html()
#5 /var/www/vhost/universo-lf.net/home/html/system/Helpers/Form/Form.php(456): IPS\Helpers\Form\_FormAbstract->rowHtml(Object(IPS\Helpers\Form))
#6 /var/www/vhost/universo-lf.net/home/html/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(1903): IPS\Helpers\_Form->__toString()
#7 /var/www/vhost/universo-lf.net/home/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_admin_global->globalTemplate('7904c5cf06d0403...', Object(IPS\Helpers\Form), Array)
#8 /var/www/vhost/universo-lf.net/home/html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(172): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('globalTemplate', Array)
#9 /var/www/vhost/universo-lf.net/home/html/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(113): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#10 /var/www/vhost/universo-lf.net/home/html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(154): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#11 /var/www/vhost/universo-lf.net/home/html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

Please, could you help me to solve this problem? Thanks a lot.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 7:39 AM, Ihia said:

is it easy to add stripe?

I couldn't say, but I am hoping that with new releases from @Michael.J that this feature might be closer to being included. It's one of those things we just need to wait for, as it's a part of the application which would need to be developed by the same person in order to have smooth upgrades.

PS. it's worth noting you can now send out invoices to people via stripe, just like PayPal does and if you have people who would support you - this works out just as well.

Though it's not the best solution as it being all in-house and handled in one place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2021 at 2:04 PM, Natea said:

In Payment logs I see something like this:

Do you have the Donations ipn url filled out or a custom one? Are you using Paypal to receive money from other scripts?

On 1/28/2021 at 7:40 PM, John Titor said:

Hi @Michael.J, when I try to enter settings, I get this error:

Can you run this query in your SQL Toolbox and then trying visiting the settings page again.

UPDATE core_sys_conf_settings SET conf_value='' WHERE conf_key='dt_create_topic_forum'

On 2/15/2021 at 6:39 PM, Ihia said:

is it easy to add stripe?

On 3/7/2021 at 9:34 PM, Mateusz Manikowski said:

How i can add a stripe payment gateway? @Michael.J

You need coding experience to add your own custom payment gateways.

On 3/2/2021 at 4:26 PM, Jack Burton said:

Does this application allow the use of STRIPE for payment processing @Michael.J?

On 3/5/2021 at 4:18 AM, Sele said:

Will this work with BTCPay payment gateway?

Only the payment gateways listed in the description are supported.

On 3/16/2021 at 8:27 PM, Mateusz Manikowski said:

@Michael.J Or, Maybe you will give us update? Maybe you can integrate that app with commerce? Then we can use ll payments that we have configure on ACP.

I'm a bit busy with IPB 4.5 still, so it will be a while before I can add this. You might want to check with other developers who are available.

On 3/17/2021 at 3:01 AM, Natea said:

You have that information in the PM I sent you

Thank you, should have a reply up.

• 2 weeks later...

COVID is really kicking my sites, I started gaining ways to fund my communities from within and even some third-party work.

Last month, I lost an incredibly kind donator who chipped £10 for the last 2+ a few months.

I've been ever do grateful for the support, donation drives go well but you can't always repeatedly ask for hand outs or hand ups - people soon become tired of it. However, there's still people out there willing to lend support.

Unfortunately, this concern has impacted my enjoyment of what I do and I've taken time away from my main site.

It's a community within the real world, without those live interactions there's little I can do. I'm trying to move into other avenues such as merch and emails (the latter I've neglected) but on those past occasions where the community got together I often had donations given to me in person.

I've never known a feature to be requested so much, by many different people.

As a long-standing user of IPS, Michael is someone who's shaped our communities through his apps (plus custom work). I value his time, effort and dedication highly.

I'm just hopeful that Stripe might be added soon, with 4.6 it could be longer and I do understand. It's not easy to balance time with life and more important demands (I mean this with the utmost respect).

It feels like the last roll of the dice for me, without the issues caused by COVID - I'd be just fine but everyone is in some form of Limbo. I would hate to be unable to keep something I care so much about. This application has helped me several times when I've really needed it, so I'm not complaining. I know Stripe will be handed at some stage. Take me back to the early 00s when things didn't cost so much. 👍🏻

On 3/31/2021 at 12:42 PM, Joey_M said:

I'm just hopeful that Stripe might be added soon, with 4.6 it could be longer and I do understand. It's not easy to balance time with life and more important demands (I mean this with the utmost respect).

I'd love to say soon but it's more medium term then short term unfortunately. IPB 4.5 really did take a lot of effort at the same time as when I was busy with real life. I won't go into the full details but there was a lot of surprises in there that developers weren't aware of. It's not easy when you've got nearly 100 apps and plugins and you have to make large changes to lots of them.

@Michael.J Is there a way to allow people the ability to make more than one donation?  I have people that's donated before, but they want to make more contributions.  If they go to the Donations tab; it doesn't give them the option to make another donation.

Edited by Circo
UPDATE `hp_donate_goals` donate_goals  SET `g_amount`=50.0,`g_date_range`=0,`g_show`=true,`g_force`=true,`g_private`=false,`g_featured`=true WHERE g_id=1 
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'g_date_range' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /sites/forum/system/Db/Db.php(1161): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery()
#1 /sites/forum/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(520): IPS\_Db->update()
#2 /sites/forum/system/Node/Model.php(2389): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /sites/forum/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(257): IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#4 /sites/forum/system/Node/Model.php(3314): IPS\Node\radtags_hook_C_NodeModel->save()
#5 /sites/forum/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(184): IPS\Node\_Model->saveForm()
#6 /sites/forum/system/Node/Controller.php(413): IPS\Node\radtags_hook_C_NodeModel->saveForm()
#7 /sites/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#8 /sites/forum/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /sites/forum/applications/donate/modules/admin/goals/goals.php(40): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#10 /sites/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\donate\modules\admin\goals\_goals->execute()
#11 /sites/forum/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

I get this error when I try to set the donation goal without start/finish date (the disable button)

On 4/10/2021 at 1:52 PM, Circo said:

@Michael.J Is there a way to allow people the ability to make more than one donation?  I have people that's donated before, but they want to make more contributions.  If they go to the Donations tab; it doesn't give them the option to make another donation.

Do you change their user groups after they donate? Possibly you don't have the donate group permissions setup for that group? Because it should still show the donate to already donated members.

On 4/10/2021 at 10:34 PM, EmaxDev said:

I get this error when I try to set the donation goal without start/finish date (the disable button)

Was this a fresh install or have you updated recently? If so, from what version?

19 hours ago, Akcio215 said:

I send PM.

I'll take a look soon.

4 hours ago, Michael.J said:

Do you change their user groups after they donate? Possibly you don't have the donate group permissions setup for that group? Because it should still show the donate to already donated members.

I do have member rewards enabled. I have checked every permission that I can find for Donations.

This is all the permissions that I have been able to find.  I've verified that all groups can view application and can make donations. Is there something else that I'm missing?  If I log in as one of the members that's made a donation previously and group automatically upgraded; I don't see the box to submit donation.  Is it because I am admin and viewing the site as the member?

donations_1.png

donations_2.png