Donations Support

Is there a way to include Payment Gateways from Commerce without setting it up extra on the plugins?
I have set up a few and I don't see a way to use them with these plugins (which was the only reason why I bought it, because I thought it will work with setup Commerce Gateways)

And Stripe support would be also good... 😕

On 8/18/2021 at 1:47 PM, hellsgamers said:

@Michael.J Top Donors used to be a tab on the Donations page, was that removed or can we get it back?

Also the Top Donors widget does not work, its blank no matter what widget Settings I try. The Visibility tab is also blank, not allowing for any settings.

Is the top donors setting in the donations settings page enabled?

On 8/18/2021 at 1:53 PM, hellsgamers said:

@Michael.J Also there seems to be a background Task job throwing a few errors that looks like this:

It shouldn't be running still after it deletes the old database field but I will include a check for the field in the next update. In the meantime you can patch this by manually removing the core_queue database entry for the membersLegacyField background task. PM me with admin details if you need assistance.

On 8/19/2021 at 5:18 AM, ZLTRGO said:

Is there a way to include Payment Gateways from Commerce without setting it up extra on the plugins?

Not currently sorry but more gateways are planned, no ETA yet.

On 8/23/2021 at 4:09 PM, Emediate said:

I'm having trouble establishing if this app is 4.6 compatible and stable right now. Can anyone confirm please?

Yep fully compatible with several bugs fixed at the same time in the latest update. I'll be doing another round of bug fixing updates again and then switch to new features after.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Currently getting "Gateway Email Mismatch" on my payment logs, what could cause this?

I am still getting the donations but they don't get listed.

Edit: I i change the gateway email to the primary email on the paypal account it works fine. If its set to a secondary email i get the gateway mismatch error.

Edited by MadMaxMangos
On 8/27/2021 at 12:12 AM, Michael.J said:

Is the top donors setting in the donations settings page enabled?

It shouldn't be running still after it deletes the old database field but I will include a check for the field in the next update. In the meantime you can patch this by manually removing the core_queue database entry for the membersLegacyField background task. PM me with admin details if you need assistance.

Not currently sorry but more gateways are planned, no ETA yet.

Yep fully compatible with several bugs fixed at the same time in the latest update. I'll be doing another round of bug fixing updates again and then switch to new features after.

Can u not make it maybe so that Donation are "treated" like "Products"? Then we could use normal Commerce Payment Gateways 😮 instead of using custom ones (which are very limited rn).

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2021 at 1:22 AM, MadMaxMangos said:

Edit: I i change the gateway email to the primary email on the paypal account it works fine. If its set to a secondary email i get the gateway mismatch error.

Paypal is returning the primary email when the Donations app checks to confirm it's the right account.

On 10/1/2021 at 12:44 AM, ZLTRGO said:

Can u not make it maybe so that Donation are "treated" like "Products"? Then we could use normal Commerce Payment Gateways 😮 instead of using custom ones (which are very limited rn).

i might consider it but the main problem would be that some people don't use the Commerce app and only use the Donations app.

5 hours ago, Michael.J said:

Paypal is returning the primary email when the Donations app checks to confirm it's the right account.

i might consider it but the main problem would be that some people don't use the Commerce app and only use the Donations app.

I can understand that, but it would be extremely helpful for me and probably a lot of other users of this plugin.
As it stands now, I can't use this app sadly.

Regards

• 6 months later...

Is it possible to add function to this app, when user is donating for a certain type of goal, the app won't be creating a new topic with the donation and the funds will not be added to users profile. Basically disable those two functions for a certain type of goal. 

Edited by KsiążeHappy
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/13/2021 at 10:24 PM, ZLTRGO said:

I can understand that, but it would be extremely helpful for me and probably a lot of other users of this plugin.
As it stands now, I can't use this app sadly.

On 4/28/2022 at 2:18 PM, AlexJ said:

Please support Stripe as a payment support for Credit Card and it opens up all the payment options such as Credit Card, bank transfer, etc. 

I will be looking into Commerce integration to include stripe support as well. But that's an extra $100 now and costs a lot more now for users who really just need basic Paypal support.

On 4/19/2022 at 6:20 AM, KsiążeHappy said:

Is it possible to add function to this app, when user is donating for a certain type of goal, the app won't be creating a new topic with the donation and the funds will not be added to users profile. Basically disable those two functions for a certain type of goal. 

Yes but might be some time before I can add this feature. If you want it done sooner, feel free to PM me to request a custom quote to add this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2022 at 8:45 PM, Michael.J said:

I will be looking into Commerce integration to include stripe support as well. But that's an extra $100 now and costs a lot more now for users who really just need basic Paypal support.

On 4/18/2022 at 4:20 PM, KsiążeHappy said:

Hi Michael, 

IPS Nexus - doesn't support donation tracking like you do. 

Donation doesn't support recurring donation, so I have to use IPS nexus. 

All we want is basic and simple:

1. Allow users to donate - Your app does.

2. Allow users to create subscription - App doesn't and hence forced to use IPS Nexus.

3. Allow users to donate through non PayPal options - Your app doesn't and hence IPS Nexus. 

So now, users are getting frustrated because their recurring donations don't show up in Donation Addon and their profile count. 

Also no another way to pay then PayPal. A simple integration with Stripe will open all the doors for you. 

I am not understanding, why it's so complicated to add Stripe Payment system and recurring donations in your addon. 

Nothing against you but I hope you understand my frustration which is the result of our users getting frustrated and it's management nightmare. 

I just hope after requesting for recurring donations for few years, you will add that in your add-on. 

Edited by AlexJ

Hello Michael,

I'm running version 3.5.4

Everything was working fine until a few days ago, when member donations began showing as "Guest".

I know this was a problem in the past, but it seems the latest version has an encoding error.

Can you supply a patch?

Could contain: Text, Page, File

Is there any chance that you can add Stripe to the Payment Gateways please?

A lot of my members will not use PayPal and I have to have another choice for them that allows payment via their bank.

I do not have account with the other choices in your Application.  I already use Stripe with Nexus, but I want to drop this application and use yours. However, I cannot do this until you add Stripe Payment Gateway.

On 6/23/2022 at 12:51 AM, TDBF said:

Is there any chance that you can add Stripe to the Payment Gateways please?

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/416812-donations-support/?do=findComment&comment=2892278

On 6/27/2022 at 7:01 AM, RoyA said:

The past few days it's been working fine Michael.

Thanks for reporting back. I've had other reports that Paypal fixed this on their end around Jun 17/18.

• 2 months later...
On 9/14/2022 at 2:50 PM, AlexJ said:

@Michael.J - IPS has disabled and lock your application. Users are unable to donate on our website. What's your plan to fix it and may be you should have discussion with IPS team. 

All my apps and plugins were manually tested with IPB 4.7.0 and PHP 8.1 but it appears IPS have required further changes to be made. I'll be going through and updating them all again in the coming weeks but until then, if you are using the latest version, none of these logs appear to be critical and you are able to manually enable the application again until I've updated this.