Donations Support

On 8/3/2018 at 8:07 AM, Weber said:

Trying to track down something I noticed today. We have forum with 4.3.2 and donations 3.3.0 enabled. We run monthly goals to support our website costs and game server fees. If a goal of our fixed costs is reached early, say 6/21 at 100%, we will open the next months goal and hide the current months. The issue comes though in that we have donations which were made in June under the July goal, and show as July goal donations, but are not being counted and show on the front end towards that goal. Any ideas at where I could be going wrong?

A donation will appear in a goal if assigned to it and regardless of the time range of the goal itself. So for example if you move across a June donation into a July goal with a 1st July start date, it will still show. In this case, I would suggest using the "donation reset" so that only donations made after 1st July appear and are counted.

On 8/4/2018 at 12:05 PM, Vase said:

is there a way to change color of donation button and progression bar? also to pm users that donate cause i dont see that option?

Can you screenshot which one your referring to please?

On 8/6/2018 at 10:51 PM, Mike John said:

A donation will appear in a goal if assigned to it and regardless of the time range of the goal itself. So for example if you move across a June donation into a July goal with a 1st July start date, it will still show. In this case, I would suggest using the "donation reset" so that only donations made after 1st July appear and are counted.

Can you screenshot which one your referring to please?

http://prntscr.com/kgcf3c

@Weber, as Mike mentioned I think this is a problem of process as opposed to a bug, due to summaries being calendar based instead of goal based (if I understand your problem and Mikes reply properly)

II am trying to handle the same issue as yours (server upkeep costs) by instead allowing a goal to go into surplus, until it resets on its scheduled date. 

I chose this way as it lets the group see that they have exceeded the goal in a clear manner, and avoids goals creeping forward over several months of exceeded expectations.

It also has the upside that once @Mike John releases a fix for a reset issue, it will be totally hands off as it will be handled by the plugins current reset capabilities.

• 1 month later...

The Donations app has been updated as part 1 of a new set of features and improvements. This first part focusing on these changes:

1. Custom field support added for new donations.
  2. Several UI improvements and new tabbed layout.
  3. Several widget design improvements. Including range support for top donors widget. 

BguMEyI.png

Coming Soon in Part 2
Due to the delays in some of the features in part 1, I've decided to split these updates into another major version. Part 2 will see long promised additional payment gateways and other improvements. I don't have an estimate on this next update.

Great job @Mike John. 👏👏

10 minutes ago, Mike John said:

Coming Soon in Part 2
Due to the delays in some of the features in part 1, I've decided to split these updates into another major version. Part 2 will see long promised additional payment gateways and other improvements. I don't have an estimate on this next update.

Will the part 2 feature the updates being able to edit from the front end.

I can't tell you how thankful I am of this, your video system and the live topics.

3 minutes ago, Mike John said:

The updates tab?

Yeah as discussed in the PM exchange Michael.

Why Donate?

Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Sed dolor velit, aliquam a augue iaculis, malesuada rutrum odio. Donec ac rutrum nisl. Vestibulum rutrum diam a tortor laoreet, sit amet placerat magna viverra. Donec ultricies purus at porttitor dictum. Etiam elit velit, fermentum non ultrices non, mattis non lacus. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Curabitur pretium, nulla ac aliquet imperdiet, lectus mauris malesuada quam, nec tristique urna arcu at tortor. Pellentesque tortor tortor, dapibus vitae gravida commodo, mollis quis augue. Nam pulvinar scelerisque ornare. Curabitur mattis urna eget accumsan scelerisque. Morbi rhoncus gravida imperdiet. Etiam volutpat, orci a porta consequat, ipsum sem imperdiet enim, at pretium tellus turpis sed turpis. Sed diam turpis, egestas vel erat fermentum, consectetur fringilla turpis.

Mauris quis neque a libero imperdiet porta eget nec nunc. In luctus nec neque ut placerat. Etiam blandit justo ante, sed auctor ex faucibus ut. Proin dui libero, lacinia at rhoncus quis, auctor eget urna. Etiam finibus accumsan quam ut mollis. Pellentesque leo justo, rutrum eget efficitur vel, vehicula vitae velit. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Nam dictum diam in bibendum lobortis.

You can only edit this via the back, it would be nice to do it from the front end of the application. 🙂 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 1:25 AM, Mike John said:

Not currently as in a "subscription" feature but it is being worked on. No ETA though.

So there's no plans to add the support to receive monthly PayPal donations?

I can't say how much of a massive issue this will be for me, as I was hoping it would be coming as mentioned. I know your busy, I value that but I would appeal to you to reconsider. I need to rely massively on donations right now, I am current unable to work (disabled) and I am struggling to cover my sites costs. The donation system was hoped to be a lifesaver for me, I am in the process of other means but I do have a lot of support from people wanting to make no fuss donations (yet they forget and I don't want to ask).

Also please, can we have the ability to hide the donation amount in the member profiles.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Happy & Prosperous New Year.

Is it possible the follow scenario?

• Set which usergroup to upgrade the donors (this is supported, I seen it)
  • Set for how many days to keep the donor upgraded to that usergroup, depending on the amount that he donated. eg For each $1 to upgrade for 1 day. If he donates $10 he'll be upgraded for 10 days, if he donates $30 he'll upgraded for 30 days etc.

This is a very powerful features and unfortunately I seen it only in a donation addon for WBB.

Thank you

I am part of a community that uses the Donations application. Just have a question about it (sorry if this been asked before). If your goal has been reached 100% and people have donated over that. Is it possible to transfer the "extra" money from previous month into the new month letting the community know where its currently at? Something that is currently available to do or you might able to do?

Edited by Goza
10 hours ago, Goza said:

I am part of a community that uses the Donations application. Just have a question about it (sorry if this been asked before). If your goal has been reached 100% and people have donated over that. Is it possible to transfer the "extra" money from previous month into the new month letting the community know where its currently at? Something that is currently available to do or you might able to do?

+1 🙂

On 1/3/2019 at 7:21 PM, ChrisTERiS said:

Set for how many days to keep the donor upgraded to that usergroup, depending on the amount that he donated. eg For each $1 to upgrade for 1 day. If he donates $10 he'll be upgraded for 10 days, if he donates $30 he'll upgraded for 30 days etc. 

In this case you would select "Per Amount" and then you can upgrade 1 day for every $1 for example.

ANH62n3.png

On 1/8/2019 at 11:07 AM, Goza said:

Not currently. It's something I've wanted to add for a while but it may be still a few versions away.

1 hour ago, Mike John said:

In this case you would select "Per Amount" and then you can upgrade 1 day for every $1 for example.

ANH62n3.png

Not currently. It's something I've wanted to add for a while but it may be still a few versions away.

Alright. Looking forward to that update 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

@Mike John

Is there currently support to use the Client ID and Secret from PayPal's API such as the Commerce Package does? I purchased this seeing the rest of the features sort of assuming that was a given, but I'm having trouble with the Gateways getting it set up in a way where my members aren't going to see my personal information.. Any help would be appreciated thank you.