Donations Support

Does the new version also include and update for the 4.1 version?  I know there were 2 different folders and I did upload the 4.1 version and I'm still seeing the old version 3.2.13.2 in the application manager. 

I'm also having an issue where on the Donate page it's showing a different payment than what was actually taken out of the paypal fees. For example on the home page blocks it shows $9.41 but on the donate page it shows $8.82.

What might be causing that? 

Thanks!

On 8/2/2017 at 5:08 PM, JiigSaaw said:

@Mike John Is it possible to use IP.Commerce ? As I've seen this module don't use payment platforms of Commerce, and don't log purchases of members. What a pity! It's duplicate of many things that can be integrated with a native module. Thank you

Not currently but I will be looking at basic integration in the future.

On 8/8/2017 at 0:07 PM, ADKGamers said:

Does the new version also include and update for the 4.1 version?  I know there were 2 different folders and I did upload the 4.1 version and I'm still seeing the old version 3.2.13.2 in the application manager. 

No, updates are most likely going to be for IPB 4.2 going forward unless critical or security based. However for the Donations app, v3.3 is safe for both IPB 4.1 and 4.2.

On 8/8/2017 at 0:07 PM, ADKGamers said:

I'm also having an issue where on the Donate page it's showing a different payment than what was actually taken out of the paypal fees. For example on the home page blocks it shows $9.41 but on the donate page it shows $8.82.

Could you please PM me a copy of the donation log for that Donation so can check for any issues in the data.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/11/2017 at 2:11 AM, Philip Gaines said:

I've set up the auto group promotion in admin, so when members get more post counts and likes they move up to the next level but since i've installed the donation i can see the following and i can't nominally promote members based on donations so i was wondering if this can be done>

You might want to check the IPS Marketplace as I seem to remember a plugin that allowed you to display secondary group icons. So for example, you would setup the member rewards in the Donations app to add a "donor" secondary group and have it display that badge with the plugin.

Alternatively, if your just going to have a fixed icon and don't mind setting it up yourself. i could give you instructions to change the current "$ Donor" tag to a different image? That would display instead of it and for any member who has donated historically.

I'm having a little difficulty setting this up :(

At present I use Commerce. I have three "Supporter" Groups set up Silver (£5), Gold (£10) and Platinum (£20). Payment gets you the group for a year. It actually works how I want, but is difficult to manage and I want to be able to send a PM on donation and possibly a forum post, so I've brought Donations.

I've set up my three "promotions" and set up three donation amounts. I've tested using an offline payment and it seems to work, except the member isn't promoted. Why?

We only deal in UKP - How can I delete USD?

I am also unsure on setting up PayPal. The PayPal Gateway instructions say 

Visit the PayPal website and login, click the History tab, a dropdown will appear.

I don't have a "History" tab, I've tried searching PayPal for an IPN with no joy. In Commerce, I have Client ID & Secret settings. Do I need these in Donations?

When I tested with an offline payment, I received a "Thanks for the donation" PM immediately on making the donation. Surely the PM should be sent when payment is received, not when it's promised? (some people forget lol) 

Many Thanks

Bill

I've already replied to your pre-sale PM before I saw this post. If you wanted to reply to that PM with acp login details, I can help with the initial setup if you want?

On 9/16/2017 at 2:07 AM, Bill Edwards said:

I've set up my three "promotions" and set up three donation amounts. I've tested using an offline payment and it seems to work, except the member isn't promoted. Why?

We only deal in UKP - How can I delete USD?

If your only going to maintain 1 currency, I would recommend modify the existing USD currency rather then adding a new one or removing the USD one. That way you've got the default currency already set. The member rewards use the default currency, which in this case would likely be the USD one still. So it sounds like your donating in GBP and not falling within a range of a reward using USD.

On 9/16/2017 at 2:07 AM, Bill Edwards said:

I don't have a "History" tab, I've tried searching PayPal for an IPN with no joy. In Commerce, I have Client ID & Secret settings. Do I need these in Donations?

Paypal probably moved it's location. If you login and then visit this url here - https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/customerprofileweb?cmd=_profile-ipn-notify

Just make sure the "IPN Enabled" message is present. The rest of the gateway instructions can then be skipped.

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, jmw253 said:

It seems that auto promotions broke on 4.2.5. Before the upgrade no issues, but sadly anyone who has donated since has not been promoted. Any ideas or things I can provide to help pinpoint?

Could you provide screenshots of the member reward you have setup? Are you awarding promotions for each donation or a members total donation count?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Mike John,

I updated my App, and after that I can make all the process of a Donation with paypal, but the Donations aren't showing on the Payment Logs, and also don't show on the Forum who made a donate.

I've tried to reinstall but still the same =\ I'm using the Default goal to test and this goal aren't a Private. =\

Could you help me ?

Kind Regards. =)

On 10/20/2017 at 9:34 PM, ThiagoRibeiro said:

I updated my App, and after that I can make all the process of a Donation with paypal, but the Donations aren't showing on the Payment Logs, and also don't show on the Forum who made a donate.

Here are a few things that I recommend checking first. If you need me to check, I will need admin cp login details.

1. Does the payment logs show any errors at all?
  2. After you setup your Paypal gateway, there is a link in the top instructions. Could you please try opening that link while logged out of your board? That will ensure that Paypal can access the Donations app.
  3. Have you checked that the IPN is enabled in Paypal itself?
On 10/23/2017 at 1:19 AM, Unlucky said:

Has the app been updated to resolve them?

There was admittedly quite a few bugs just before this most recent update. v3.3.0 fixed nearly 2 dozen bugs and also added in IPB 4.2 compatibility. If you needed a demo to confirm what the latest version does, let me know.

If you could point me towards the issues that concern you in the review I can then confirm it's been fixed or not. The only 2 negative reviews I can see currently are relating to the look of the Donations app. I guess that's something subjective to who is viewing it. I'm by no means a designer but if you have any specific instructions on UI improvements, let me know and will consider it. The other negative review is only half correct as the Donations app does support rewarding promotions based on total user donations as well as individual donations.

8 hours ago, Mike John said:

Here are a few things that I recommend checking first. If you need me to check, I will need admin cp login details.

1. Does the payment logs show any errors at all?
  2. After you setup your Paypal gateway, there is a link in the top instructions. Could you please try opening that link while logged out of your board? That will ensure that Paypal can access the Donations app.
  3. Have you checked that the IPN is enabled in Paypal itself?

Hi @Mike John,

Doesn't show any thing on the payment log. I've checked on PayPal and the IPN it's enabled to. I sent to you the login details of my board.

King Regards.

9 hours ago, Mike John said:

There was admittedly quite a few bugs just before this most recent update. v3.3.0 fixed nearly 2 dozen bugs and also added in IPB 4.2 compatibility. If you needed a demo to confirm what the latest version does, let me know.

OK thanks for letting me know

On 10/26/2017 at 10:07 PM, ThiagoRibeiro said:

I don't know where exactly I can see this, but I made 2 donates to test and both are completed on PayPal, but any of than aren't showing on history of Payment Log or Top Donators :( 

Just replied to your PM. Going to need to troubleshoot this further as the gateway url should be open.