Auto Welcome Support

On 3/21/2019 at 11:38 AM, Fred Krugger said:

in my installation it does not work, I was asked for admin access to review, a private message was sent with access, but to date it has not been read .. the message was sent on March 14th.

I apologies for the delay, I'll be caught up with outstanding personal messages soon.

On 3/21/2019 at 11:38 AM, Fred Krugger said:

Now I find out that the application is free .. !! 😞

This app has always been free since release.

Hello..
The problem in my platform is in the js.php function that generates a 500 ISE error.

This error occurs in other IPS functions, for example when trying to upload a photo to the user's profile, both in the public profile and through ACP.

I opened another thread to see the root cause of this error.

Error

906864387_ScreenShot2019-04-03at21_43_49.thumb.png.46ac03bfd7296010388fe4706a15d509.png

On 4/2/2019 at 8:22 AM, Mr. Fierce God said:

has anyone been having the auto welcome send double welcomes to status and chatbox?

What kind of member validation do you have currently? Email, admin/user?

On 4/4/2019 at 4:26 AM, HelenG said:

Is it possible to have this delay the email but not the PM? I would like to send an immediate welcome PM and then follow up later with an email but it looks like the delay applies to both?

No not currently. If you've got ftp access to your ipb files, I might be a temporary work around you can try. But for included support, there would need to be some changes to do this.

On 4/4/2019 at 11:46 AM, Fred Krugger said:

This error occurs in other IPS functions, for example when trying to upload a photo to the user's profile, both in the public profile and through ACP.

I can't think of anything obvious that would cause this. I would need full board access to troubleshoot this further. Assuming this is happening across various IPB functions though, I would probably recommend trying with them first because I've never encountered this before and they would have a better idea where to first start.

On 4/5/2019 at 5:37 AM, Dean_ said:

Mike weird question, but is there any way to run this for members who have already signed up from a selected user group? Thinking that I've just started testing this, and it might encourage activity from new members?

Are you using the time delay feature? If so, it should be possible to flag selected members as "not welcomed" and they would be retroactively picked up by the welcome task.

3 hours ago, Mike John said:
On 4/3/2019 at 9:46 PM, Fred Krugger said:

I can't think of anything obvious that would cause this. I would need full board access to troubleshoot this further. Assuming this is happening across various IPB functions though, I would probably recommend trying with them first because I've never encountered this before and they would have a better idea where to first start.

@Mike John

I have identified the root cause, it was not the application, but rather the permission on the Application folder, with the change of version and use of PHP 7.2, this feature is more restrictive and forces you to have folders 755 access.

Thank you in advance for the time to respond and review the consultations and support provided.

19 hours ago, Mike John said:

Are you using the time delay feature? If so, it should be possible to flag selected members as "not welcomed" and they would be retroactively picked up by the welcome task. 

No, only recently installed the app. So looking to see if I could find a way to run it with members who have recently signed up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2019 at 3:59 AM, Mike John said:

I'd need to know what plugin and how it registers a user to see if it can support the Auto Welcome app. Please PM me with either site access or a copy of the register part of the code.

Hello Team

We need help regarding the auto welcome message in the our IP forum. Auto Welcome message is not working in our forum when user registers to the forum. Let me explain our site's functionality in detail. We have integrated the forum(http://insiderscircle.co.uk/forum) with our wordpress site (http://insiderscircle.co.uk/) using Wordpress SSO plugin. So when user purchases membership on our wordpress website then user automatically registers to the forum. User cant simply register to the forum. They need to have account on our site first then user will get access to forum. So when user automatically registers to forum they are not getting any auto welcome message. I am attaching the wordpress sso plugin so you can check coding of the plugin.

Thank you for your help

I'm also facing double posting, and still facing this issue below..

On 4/17/2019 at 5:16 PM, Dean_ said:

Is there a way to support FB/Twitter logins so it detects them and creates the posts? As of now on the current version it only does it if signed up the default way with the application form.

Same issue for me..................it seems to be double posting when signing up with social media handlers > validating via email

but i wonder ..............................lol i know this is a free file............but seeing that the last reply from the dev was over a month ago, but still replies to his paid file topics............. ( @Mike John is this still supported?) ?

@Mike John 

I have spent hrs combing thru what makes this file double post 

and i have official come to the conclusion that on CIC, when a member signs up, and validates via Twitter and Facebook, and sometimes Microsoft, that it trips the auto welcome and will send a double post no matter what you use to send the auto welcome

Possible to get a update if this is still supported or do we need to disable it, or what lol

just wondering, as yes i know this is free and paid files come first for support (but it's been a month)

On 4/10/2019 at 3:02 AM, Dean_ said:

No, only recently installed the app. So looking to see if I could find a way to run it with members who have recently signed up.

And how many members do you have? What I was thinking is enable the "time delay" setting and then you can update your members database table to flag all your members as having "not received" any message yet. It doesn't do this automatically right now because I assumed most people wouldn't want old members to start getting new welcome alerts.

On 4/27/2019 at 12:49 AM, EmpireKickass said:

With this new guests post before sign in option needs to be checked I had my welcome bot posting topics that leads to profile guest and most of the IPs at the time all used ipv6 

Can you clarify here please?

On 5/5/2019 at 8:55 AM, iancassel said:

@Mike John Is it possible for Auto Welcome to provide different messages for different user groups? We have three user groups (registrants, members, and subscribers) and would like to send a different message to each one. For example, is there a way to use conditional text in the editor?

Not currently and it might be a few versions away. My "New Member Followup" plugin might be a work around. It supports a few different messages but works a bit differently then the auto welcome app.

On 5/13/2019 at 11:46 PM, BradLazarus said:

Auto Welcome message is not working in our forum when user registers to the forum. Let me explain our site's functionality in detail. We have integrated the forum(http://insiderscircle.co.uk/forum) with our wordpress site (http://insiderscircle.co.uk/) using Wordpress SSO plugin.

I took a look into this more closely recently. As far as I can see, the best way to integrate the auto welcome app would be on the wordpress plugin side. So for example, they should call the "onValidate" member sync extension.

On 5/15/2019 at 11:46 PM, Dean_ said:

I'm also facing double posting, and still facing this issue below..

Can you confirm the above issue with social media registrations as well?

On 5/16/2019 at 12:27 AM, Fierce God said:

but i wonder ..............................lol i know this is a free file............but seeing that the last reply from the dev was over a month ago, but still replies to his paid file topics............. ( @Mike John is this still supported?) ?

I'm still moving, I'm sorry but my replies are just going to be slow for a while.

On 5/16/2019 at 11:15 AM, Fierce God said:

and i have official come to the conclusion that on CIC, when a member signs up, and validates via Twitter and Facebook, and sometimes Microsoft, that it trips the auto welcome and will send a double post no matter what you use to send the auto welcome

What do you have set for user validation? Email/admin etc...? Do you have ftp access to your files and are willing to test a few modifications?