4.0 GOLD!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO! How about a promotion?

SJ77

​Selling 3 widgets at $4 each makes more money than selling 2 widgets at $5 each.  Plus new user trial is good for long term revenue. Promotions happen because they work. It's not uncommon for a new product to ship with a lunch promotion price. Taking off like a rocket is better than taking off like a slug. Then we can have lot's of people talking about how "awesome" it is :)

​I'm not really disagreeing with you. I do think there is more to consider with software than widgets.  You may or may not need to support widgets.

I'm just still suffering from PTSD after vB 4 and a 'sale' price. ... lol

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​I'm not really disagreeing with you. I do think there is more to consider with software than widgets.  You may or may not need to support widgets.

I'm just still suffering from PTSD after vB 4 and a 'sale' price. ... lol

​hahahah. Fair enough. I have the same thing. I got sucked into buying a VB4 license. :(

Also I realize that I don't have access to IP Sales data. Only they can analyze their sales trends and compare with company financial targets etc. I just figured it can't hurt to ask. I do realize that "no" is a perfectly valid response  and I will not be disappointed in any way if no launch promo discount happens.

Mostly I am very much excited to see IP4.0 gold. Feels like things are moving along which makes me happy :)

Congrats again to the IP TEAM!!

You raise a good point though. @3DKiwi Current clients maybe aren't too excited about backing a promo that won't benefit them. However, only current clients are allowed to post here. I wonder how many guests are out there reading this thread request for a promo and screaming at their monitor Daniel Bryan style?  I hear you guest.. "YES" "YES" "YES"

​So people like me that renew every 6 Months, get the normal price. People that only renew when there is a major update, get a special price?

Hey I just renewed a couple of days ago, so it wouldnt help me either. However, we ought not hate on others good fortune but instead be happy if they are receiving well. Anyway, you know IPB is always very fair about things. It might be a new licence only or some other ingenious thing. Don't be the "if I can't have it nobody should" guy.  

Don't be the "if I can't have it nobody should" guy.  

​It's about fairness and organisations like IPS have to consider that when offering bundles and deals. I too would feel pretty hard done by if my loyalty for continually renewing disadvantaged me in some way. It's particularly annoying when organisations reward new/infrequent customers over their loyal ones.

Archived