4.0 GOLD!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO! How about a promotion?

SJ77

… for me its to buggy and there are all 3rd party apps missing what i need.

What do third-party apps have to do with the final release of IPS 4.0?

And regarding bugs: The software is now installed on hundreds of websites and some problems will only come up at at specific websites – because of server configurations, old content, certain plugins or even hacks on that specific site and so on. There is no way around this. It won’t be any better by making 20 release candidates. If you run into problems with your upgrade, you have the support ticket system to have them resolved. I wouldn’t know what more to ask for. 

Everybody has his own opinion and this is good - and everybody should als accept this opinion of somebody other …

Well, I can respect other opinions if they are presented with good reasoning, but don’t expect me to accept every opinion as equally valuable. If they don’t seem reasonable or even factually wrong, I will challenge them. That’s what discussion forums are for. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do third-party apps have to do with the final release of IPS 4.0?

And regarding bugs: The software is now installed on hundreds of websites and some problems will only come up at at specific websites – because of server configurations, old content, certain plugins or even hacks on that specific site and so on. There is no way around this. It won’t be any better by making 20 release candidates. If you run into problems with your upgrade, you have the support ticket system to have them resolved. I wouldn’t know what more to ask for. 

Well, I can respect other opinions if they are presented with good reasoning, but don’t expect me to accept every opinion as equally valuable. If they don’t seem reasonable or even factually wrong, I will challenge them. That’s what discussion forums are for. 

​Thanks for your reply - i know how many dependencies of servers/webhostings, ... are possible and much more, i have my own server :) 

Before i use it i will will wait until my style is ready and much more (apps are migrated to ips4, ...) - i think like everybody who is using such systems for year ;)

Discussion forums are nice but most of the time somebody makes an reply to something which is just a part of the opinion and he thinks that it is all but it isn't - because of that i do not like to use such forums not to often anymore - but regarding lot of opinions its perfect to find new ideas and much more 

Well I just want to say congratulations to IPS!   Development seems to have been a long hard slog at times for both IPS and customers, but I am sure that that will pale once we all get stuck into using 4.  Is any X.0.0 bug free?   I suspect not, but the psychological step of getting out of core development and into 'production' is probably an important one for  and I'm sure that everything will settle-down very quickly.  4.0, the feature plan and new 3rd party apps make this an exciting time.

​this release has defnitly no gold or final character / that they have forgotten to add RC was only a nice formulation with an laughing eye :thumbsup:

​IPS does not use labels like "gold" or "final", they didn't use it for 3.0 and as far as I'm aware they never have prior to that either. Those labels were made up by this community.

They did not forget to add "RC" in the client panel. The software application versions themselves are internally labelled as 4.0.0. All the RC releases and prior were labeled as 4.0.0 RCx internally. They would not make the mistake of mislabeling the version of the software itself.

For absolute confidence:

hello

I also installed 4.0.0 only I do not have chat
while I have a license from 20 members
where can I get it off so I have it

​You have used the last available build in clients area? I had in my first two downloads also no chat included in the files - but now i have it installed and it works ;)

I love the over simplistic debate over whether you should wait or not. It's quite true that if everybody did wait then no bugs would be found or fixed. Instead, you should probably put yourself into an appropriate category of user:

• I'm a power user and I'm comfortable with dealing with bugs and/or restoring from backups - gold is here!
  • I'm not a power user and I'm not comfortable dealing with bugs or restoring from backups - you should wait.

Coming to the IPS forums and claiming this is not a gold release is asking for others to challenge you. It is a gold release. It will have bugs. Power users will find them. They will be fixed.

Congratulations to IPS. I would say I am a glasses half full kind of guy, but in truth the glass is always full whether it's with a volume or water, air or a mixture of both. :P

Going back to the original topic of discounts and promotions:coupon_icon.thumb.png.b54e2329d2e8c99f78

1. IPS used to offer a pretty generous discount if you bought multiple apps.  I thought they still had it, but guess not.  The discount forces you to plan your community's needs, as buying multiple apps together can save you money.  
  2. I would like to propose the idea of a renewal discount which rewards continuous renewals.  It doesn't have to be big, like a 2% renewal, but it's essentially a penalty on people who let their renewals lapse (those traitors!)
  3. I definitely think IPS should offer a 4.0 pricing promo, but it might coincide with a price increase.
  4. There might still be a super-secret promo code for clients interested in making the switch to IPS.  

It's always entertaining to see people propose giving away other people's money in the form of discounts.  "Congratulations on releasing your new product!  Now go make half as much as you could have made otherwise by capitulating to our demands for reduced pricing!"

Meh.

Congratulations to the developers.  May you reap the hard-earned spoils of your labor by enjoying many new sales and renewals at full cost, and may that success drive you to innovate further and release new and better products for many years to come.

It's always entertaining to see people propose giving away other people's money in the form of discounts.  "Congratulations on releasing your new product!  Now go make half as much as you could have made otherwise by capitulating to our demands for reduced pricing!"

Meh.

​This ^^^^ is an epic fail. If things worked like this nobody would ever run a promo on anything EVER!!

Look, Quantity purchased increases as prices go down. That's just reality!

Promo's have the potential to generate incremental TOTAL sales dollars even though the net per item is lower due to increased volume. Additionally the increased volume creates "trial" and thus a long term increase in revenue. Grabbing some of those incremental customers and increased "volume" allows for increased renewals long term. don't forget about the halo effect as well. More people using the product means more chatter, and more word of mouth.

To act like changing the price won't effect demand at all shows a complete lack of understanding for the basic economics of supply verses demand.

​Like I said, it's always entertaining to watch people propose giving away other people's money.  I suppose you'll make up the difference in lost revenue for them, personally?

No?

​Lost Revenue???

What I am suggesting is something that would be mutually beneficial to both customers and the IP company.

I won't bother explaining again why that is.

• 2 months later...

We've not announced final. We've just done a soft-release. It's a bit premature for a promo, but we haven't ruled anything out. :)

So it appears as though the final verdict is an opportunity to purchase before the price kicks up to a higher rate. I am not sure that's a promo... but um, well,..now we know what the plan is. I was hoping for something special for the loyal members who want to grab up a second copy of the software. oh well..

New home page here looks amazing!! :)

• Management

So it appears as though the final verdict is an opportunity to purchase before the price kicks up to a higher rate. I am not sure that's a promo... but um, well,..now we know what the plan is. I was hoping for something special for the loyal members who want to grab up a second copy of the software. oh well..

New home page here looks amazing!! :)

'IPS4PROMO' coupon code -- don't delay, get your IPS4 today!™ :)

Archived