4.0 GOLD!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO! How about a promotion?

SJ77

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a lot of the people saying "I will wait to renew my license until 4.1" might jump on a hot promo!!

It will be a great way to give some legs and serious movement to a new product like this. I think getting "trial" is an important factor in building repeat customers. Got to get them started first.  Make it such that there is never a better time to start than right now.

Also it would be a nice reward for all of us who have stuck with it from the original test site, to all the various betas and RC's. It's been a long and arduous journey.

It may be a good idea but there to many left out features that if one upgrades it will downgrade what one has in place with IPB 3.X.X. Plus, many mods have yet to be updated fully. The wave of bug reports will be coming out when its more public and will be more stable. Overall , I think it best to still wait see plus the improvements with more features and changes in 4.1. it new and still plain in some ways. But glad to see progress is being made.

It may be a good idea but there to many left out features that if one upgrades it will downgrade what one has in place with IPB 3.X.X. Plus, many mods have yet to be updated fully. Plus the wave of bugs reports will be coming out even after 4.0.0.

​Nothing like a HOT promo to defuse all of these objections. I for one will purchase another license if they throw up a hot promo!. (count on at least one sale)

​Nothing like a HOT promo to defuse all of these objections. I for one will purchase another license if they throw up a hot promo!. (count on at least one sale)

​Promo are not, I would want my money to buy something more rounded than Version 1. :)

​Promo are not but I wait for my money to buy something more rounded that the version 1. :P

​Trust me, there is a price out there low enough to make you think "ah, hell I better just go ahead and do this now while I can" Albeit it might be a price so low that it wouldn't make sense for the team to ever offer. Just saying it's there. The right price won't grab everyone but promo's increase volume that is undeniable. I predict a 50% lift in volume for a 20% discount in price.

​Promo are not, I would want for my money to buy something more rounded than Version 1. :)

​The promo works for them because it gets them selling license AND it also gets new users(or current ones) buying it....Most people would likely buy it even if they don't intend to use it right away just because people don't like to give a good sale a pass.

​Trust me, there is a price out there low enough to make you think "ah, hell I better just go ahead and do this now while I can" Albeit it might be a price so low that it wouldn't make sense for the team to ever offer. Just saying it's there. The right price won't grab everyone but promo's increase volume that is undeniable. I predict a 50% lift in volume for a 20% discount in price.

​You may be right. I need to get the latest version of IPB 3.x as my license expired and I didn't upgrade yet.

Congrats to everyone involved for getting to 4.0

It may be a good idea but there to many left out features that if one upgrades it will downgrade what one has in place with IPB 3.X.X. Plus, many mods have yet to be updated fully.

​Waiting for a couple applications to be updated is the only thing holding me back from updating to 4. 

​The promo works for them because it gets them selling license AND it also gets new users(or current ones) buying it....Most people would likely buy it even if they don't intend to use it right away just because people don't like to give a good sale a pass.

​THIS!!

I want lots of people buying it 'cause it's awesome. Not 'cause it's cheap.

Amortizing the cost over even a short time period... and it's really cheap already. 

​Selling 3 widgets at $4 each makes more money than selling 2 widgets at $5 each.  Plus new user trial is good for long term revenue. Promotions happen because they work. It's not uncommon for a new product to ship with a lunch promotion price. Taking off like a rocket is better than taking off like a slug. Then we can have lot's of people talking about how "awesome" it is :)

Not a big problem... Still only for testing until 3rd party apps and styles are ready .... For live site i think 4.02 will be perfect ^^

i had to start 4 rc7a to 4.0 for e times until it had completed without blank page

​3rd party ones? or core IP apps?

​3rd party.  There are 2 specifically that my members would have major problems without. 

There have been a lot of new 3rd party apps developed, but the updates from 3.X to 4 have been a little slow.  I'm hoping that the release of 4 will help to get the updates rolling.

Archived