4.0 GOLD!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO! How about a promotion?

SJ77

​It's about fairness and organisations like IPS have to consider that when offering bundles and deals. I too would feel pretty hard done by if my loyalty for continually renewing disadvantaged me in some way. It's particularly annoying when organisations reward new/infrequent customers over their loyal ones.

It's a fair point, I just tend not to compare my situation with that of others. I have found that someone almost always has a better situation than me and I  end up in a very toxic perpetual cycle.  However, I see what you mean. Being a loyal customer should be rewarded and not the other way around.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a new install my images are not showing and I am suspecting it is minify. Does anyone know where I can find the settings for it? I find it hard to navigate with no images. 

​First is this all images or image from a custom theme (V4)?

If it is a custom theme is it a theme for V4 or 3.4x?

3.4 themes will not upgrade, and some early V4 theme had a bug in the xml file that caused the image links to break. Reinstalling theme xml or running Designed Mode

and re syncing the theme back to the DB will fix it.

this is definitely NO final release - i had also some issues through upgrade process and Lindy has also written that there is no announcement for final - you can see this release as new RC where is now chat included

For me its not much more :-)

For example i have big issue to write an post here via my ipad - sites broken i cannot type anything into the editor without 3-4 refresh of the page ... 

BUT a very good fact is - the system becomes better and better from RC to RC - IPS is doing a good job !

All I saw in the client area download section was 4.0 so my assumption was it was ready. If it was not ready for release, it should have been mentioned before someone downloaded it in the client area, not just on the forums. 

All I saw in the client area download section was 4.0 so my assumption was it was ready. If it was not ready for release, it should have been mentioned before someone downloaded it in the client area, not just on the forums. 

I agree also.Can you download IPB 3.4.7 from Client Area it isn't working for me.

No, this is not a Release Candidate as it is not branded as such. Lindy said it's soft release, which means we are out of RCs at this point, but they are holding off the official announcements just a tiny bit longer to ensure a smooth release. We're at version 4.0.0 and 4.0.1 is next-up apparently.

i think they will shortly add a new RC8 to the download :)

@ugurkn

write a short support ticket in clients area - you cannot use the clients area download from somebody other 

No i don't want to use from him i've my own license just wanted to ask if he has the same issue.

this is definitely NO final release - i had also some issues through upgrade process and Lindy has also written that there is no announcement for final - you can see this release as new RC where is now chat included

​This is called a soft-release, it's common. If it was a naming mistake it would have been corrected relatively quickly.

A soft release is what it sounds like. Instead of making an announcement and getting hammered by people trying it, getting hit with support issues and complaints, they don't announce it and people take it up slowly and they make a official announcement later, sometimes even after a patch or two to the final has been released. The benefit here is that if there is an major issues found they can pull the plug easily. It also gives relief to support and make the whole transition smoother and less chaotic. Lindy was in chat today, at no point did he say it was not a final release or that it was a naming mistake.

Same issue here.:sad: I lost much time of it the upgrade could already been finished.Have to wait till it is resolved.

I had to put a support ticket in for my issue. I leave on a week long trip in an hour and thought I could have my new site installed and ready to add content when I return because I did not anticipate any issues. Should have waited till I got back where I had time to mess with it.

​This is called a soft-release, it's common. If it was a naming mistake it would have been corrected relatively quickly.
A soft release is what it sounds like. Instead of making an announcement and getting hammered by people trying it, getting hit with support issues and complaints, they don't announce it and people take it up slowly and they make a official announcement later, sometimes even after a patch or two to the final has been released. The benefit here is that if there is an major issues found they can pull the plug easily. It also gives relief to support and make the whole transition smoother and less chaotic. Lindy was in chat today, at no point did he say it was not a final release or that it was a naming mistake.

​this release has defnitly no gold or final character / that they have forgotten to add RC was only a nice formulation with an laughing eye :thumbsup:

​this release has defnitly no gold or final character / that they have forgotten to add RC was only a nice formulation with an laughing eye :thumbsup:

Why are you making these posts? First you claim it’s “definately”(!) not the final release, now you backpedal and say it doesn’t have a “final character” (whatever that means). 

It is the final release. That’s why it’s called 4.0.0. It is not bug-free, like no X.0.0 release. But it is the final release, despite what you feel about it. 

Why are you making these posts? First you claim it’s “definately”(!) not the final release, now you backpedal and say it doesn’t have a “final character” (whatever that means). 

It is the final release. That’s why it’s called 4.0.0. It is not bug-free, like no X.0.0 release. But it is the final release, despite what you feel about it. 

both is the same message ! I don't backpedal or something else - who will use it for his live system should do it - for me its to buggy and there are all 3rd party apps missing what i need.

For an RC it is a good release - i have much less bugs than with rc7 or rc7a - its a good way - nobody is forced to upgrade and IPS will do for sure a good job of fixing the bugs in 4.0.1, ... 

When this is now the new status of a final release for IPS then it's very commiserate for me - in vbulletin it was normal that they give something the status final/gold and it was full of bugs and much more, they lose tons of clients - here at IPS i had this not any time before (errors at upgrade/install, posting issues, ... - for Beta or RC this okay), but it seems times changed here too, sadly

Everybody has his own opinion and this is good - and everybody should als accept this opinion of somebody other - think about it ;) 

both is the same message ! I don't backpedal or something else - who will use it for his live system should do it - for me its to buggy and there are all 3rd party apps missing what i need.

When this is now the new status of a final release for IPS then it's very commiserate for me - in vbulletin it was normal that they give something the status final/gold and it was full of bugs and much more, they lose tons of clients - here at IPS i had this not any time before (errors at upgrade/install, posting issues, ... - for Beta or RC this okay), but it seems times changed here too, sadly

People like you shouldn't upgrade yet.  

​oh what a great posting - i know what i do and you can do what you do - please keep something like this for you - thx :)

Are you sure you know what you're doing??

You upgraded too early ... Complain that its buggy and no 3rd party mods ... Doesn't that mean its still too early for you?  It's not meant to be rude, but before you complain about no third party mods maybe you should wait until there are third party mods. 

Are you sure you know what you're doing??

You upgraded too early ... Complain that its buggy and no 3rd party mods ... Doesn't that mean its still too early for you?  It's not meant to be rude, but before you complain about no third party mods maybe you should wait until there are third party mods. 

​I DO NOT UPGRADE - just the TEST system - pls read carefully before you post something ;)

My live system is 3.x as it should be for the moment 

take it easy ;)

Archived