Community Hive Does NOT Work

FZ
Go to solution Solved by Matt,

Problem #1. 

All posts being made on the blog post here have to be approved by a moderator. They never seem to be approved unless there is a secret handshake I am missing. 

Problem #2.

I Upgraded the forum software, enabled the Community Hive thing, went through a whole bunch of hoopla to register, etc, but when I look at my forum's feed on the Community Hive platform there is some Doris with a big black beehive like hairdo instead of the logo that I have tried to upload no less than 6 times (in both .png and .jpg formats). 

Problem #3.

I added a tag for my community to be "discovered" but when I try to search for that tag in the discover section it shows ZERO results. My community is not appearing. 

Problem #4.

How do the members of my community even get to know about this community hive. There is no button on the posts to show that they can follow the website there. I can only assume that this has something to do with the fact that I am using a 3rd party theme. I'd love to be able to get support for this ,but it brings me to...

Problem #5.

IPS have shut down the marketplace so I can no longer get support for the theme I have been using for the past 5 or 6 years. Does this mean that I must now change the entire look of my community just to be able to use this feature? 

I really hope that somebody here can explain in normal terms why we are going through all this pain with IPS. Where is the gain? 

1 hour ago, FZ said:

I Upgraded the forum software, enabled the Community Hive thing, went through a whole bunch of hoopla to register, etc, but when I look at my forum's feed on the Community Hive platform there is some Doris with a big black beehive like hairdo instead of the logo that I have tried to upload no less than 6 times (in both .png and .jpg formats). 

Could you please provide the image in a zip here which you're trying to upload and we can take a look. Providing a screenshot of what you're seeing will help as well.

1 hour ago, FZ said:

I added a tag for my community to be "discovered" but when I try to search for that tag in the discover section it shows ZERO results. My community is not appearing. 

You will not see your own site in discover or any sites that you follow as you already have "discovered" them so they are in your "Followed" sites.

1 hour ago, FZ said:

How do the members of my community even get to know about this community hive. There is no button on the posts to show that they can follow the website there. I can only assume that this has something to do with the fact that I am using a 3rd party theme. I'd love to be able to get support for this ,but it brings me to...

Right now there really is minimal indication of this to a member. There is a follow button on categories and content items for guests at this time. More will likely to come. CH is still new but letting your community know about it is also a good first step. 

1 hour ago, FZ said:

IPS have shut down the marketplace so I can no longer get support for the theme I have been using for the past 5 or 6 years. Does this mean that I must now change the entire look of my community just to be able to use this feature? 

I really hope that somebody here can explain in normal terms why we are going through all this pain with IPS. Where is the gain? 

The Marketplace is not yet shutdown and you can still get support through your theme's author. This is a completely separate issue to Community Hive. If you have any concerns about obtaining support you should contact your theme's author as they have and will be the ones supporting you (not us 🙂 ).

I don't want to upload my files here for the whole world to see. It is a plain old logo. I tried in .png and then I specifically made a .jpg after reading that somebody else was having the same issue. 

I tried to add the widget for the Community Hive in the main sidebar of the home page. It just doesn't display anything.

When you have it working properly I might give it another go, but I don't have the time to do IPS troubleshooting now. 

11 hours ago, Jim M said:

Could you please provide the image in a zip here which you're trying to upload and we can take a look. Providing a screenshot of what you're seeing will help as well.

It seems to be broken currently in general. I don’t think it depends on the specific image. From the upload screen:

Could contain: Electronics, Screen, Computer Hardware, Hardware, Monitor, File, Text

clicking upload just results in …

Could contain: Text

(By the way: I am also get errors trying to upload the images above)

Edited by opentype

16 hours ago, FZ said:

Yes, it may be related to having a third party theme if you're not seeing the buttons in the follow drop down.

There's also a widget/block you can drag and drop onto your pages to prompt your members to use Community Hive.

3 hours ago, Stuart Silvester said:

Yes, it may be related to having a third party theme if you're not seeing the buttons in the follow drop down.

There's also a widget/block you can drag and drop onto your pages to prompt your members to use Community Hive.

As mentioned above, it doesn't work either. I tried. 

• Management
  • Solution

I've replied to FZ in the ticket, but a few things to mention here that we'll improve on:

1) The sidebar widget will only show if you are not subscribed to your own site via Hive. You (the admin) are subscribed automatically during set up, so when you drag in the Hive widget, it won't show for you - but it will show for others. It's a bit confusing but if you log out (or use a private browser tab) you'll see the widget in all its glory. We're looking at ways to improve this so you get some kind of message if you are subscribed.

2) We're working on onboarding to reduce confusion. The site was added and it is pulling in data. I've left a recommendation for FZ on how to log back in.

• 1 month later...
On 11/4/2023 at 9:16 AM, Jim M said:

Please report any issues on Community Hive here: https://talk.communityhive.com/

However, I have reported this internally as well.

Slight issue? If you can't log in you can't report an issue because you can't reset your password. That seems like a MAJOR issue that needs to be fixed I have brought this up with @Matt elsewhere but I don't know if the message was convened

Edited by Sinistra

22 minutes ago, Sinistra said:

When I go to reset my password I get the following error "oops something went wrong, Try again later" 

Thanks! We'll take a look.

Could you please email hello@communityhive.com with your issue? They will be able to provide further support for you with this.