Stripe Error - No Such Customer

Go to solution Solved by Stuart Silvester,

I am getting 

resource_missing - customer

No such customer: 'cus_CzIzWN2eRI3EJC'

Unlike the post here, I am not getting the "a similar object exists in test mode, but a live mode key was used to make this request." part of the message.  

It's invoice 802 in my system, but I don't see any evidence on my site that an attempt to make a payment was made. I can only see it in the stripe logs.

FWIW - This user has previously paid with Paypal and, several years ago, Stripe via an old Stripe account. 

3 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

If you are not seeing a transaction on your site at all, I wouldnt expect thats where it has come from. So the first thing I would be doing here is contacting stripe to find out the origin of that request

Perhaps it is a case of me not knowing where to look to see the attempt, but the reason I know about it is because a user alerted me to the issue with a screenshot. Could contain: Text, Page

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

When you say old Stripe account.. when you switched did you update the payment gateway credentials or create a new payment gateway? 

If it was the first then there will be referential data already stored on your community specific to the old account.

It's been a while, so I can't be sure which way I did it.  Can I recreate it with the same secret keys or do I need to generate new ones from stripe?

To be clear, there have been other successful transactions since the change. 

Edited by CheersnGears

• Solution
10 hours ago, CheersnGears said:

I see that unknown customer id in ipb2nexus_customers -> cm_profiles. Can I null that out and have him try again?  

This is a user that doesn't mind testing with me. 

Yes that should do it, but it's also possible that column may also contain data for other payment gateways.

1 hour ago, Stuart Silvester said:

Yes that should do it, but it's also possible that column may also contain data for other payment gateways.

That worked. Thanks.  

My only sales are annual subscriptions, and my only other payment gateway is PayPal, so I wasn't too worried about that.