Facebook Embed Isn't Working

Go to solution Solved by Matt,

33 minutes ago, SecondSight said:

As for me, I can't find oEmbed anywhere... I have FundRaisers, Jobs, Webhooks, etc. but no oEmbed.

Does someone know possibly why ?

Thank you. 🙂

You now need to request it, looking at their new documentation. Go to "App review" on the left, and select "permissions and features". Search for oembed read

Ok. I tried to do it and in the end it says it's been approved, at different places :

Approved :

oembed_approved-3.thumb.png.79176ca56af763a93889e1ee4c21ecca.png

Activated :oembed_approved-2.thumb.png.c24460dfe7d34e428cb8c138d8fe77e4.png

Another one :

oembed_approved-1.thumb.png.a9c4fc3cf1981901ebb10efd15d2bcf6.png

It's been ditched to live mode too.

But it's still not working...

I've checked the information in the ACP and it's correct.

Any idea about what I should do now ?

Thank you. 🙂

Edited by SecondSight

It doesn't work. oEmbed request is not approved and I don't understand what they say.

This seems impossible to do for those who are not conversant with Facebook Development and who don't understand English on their pages and documentation.

A step by step tutorial would be helpful...

Edited by SecondSight

On 2/1/2022 at 8:16 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

We would need to know exactly what it is they have said in order to advise on this. Just to note however, we provide the instructions on what to do on our end. Requesting approval would be for you to follow their instructions rather than our own. They do however seem to make it difficult, unfortunately

I'd suggest trying to set it up for on here then you'll see how difficult it is yourself.

32 minutes ago, marklcfc said:

I'd suggest trying to set it up for on here then you'll see how difficult it is yourself.

I'm a little confused as to your response there, Mark. You had quoted me there stating that indeed its difficult to set up. This is however facebook who are making it difficult. We have no control over this in any way.

It is worth noting here, I did also say we would need to know what has been said in that rejection in order to advise. Without that information, there isnt really anything for us to answer

11 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I'm a little confused as to your response there, Mark. You had quoted me there stating that indeed its difficult to set up. This is however facebook who are making it difficult. We have no control over this in any way.

I wasn't having a go, just to see if you can set it up, then they'd be more chance of a guide working.

9 minutes ago, marklcfc said:

I wasn't having a go, just to see if you can set it up, then they'd be more chance of a guide working.

The issue with guides documenting facebooks side of things, is its unfortunately a never ending game these days. As fast as we document, they change. And the reality is, its really their documentation to request that permission that should be being followed rather than ours in any case