In order to embed Facebook and Instagram photos, videos and posts, you will need to set up an application in Facebook's developer portal with the "Oembed" product added.
Creating a Facebook App
1. Go to the Facebook for Developers site and sign in with your Facebook account.
2. If you have not already registered with Facebook for Developers, click Register Now and follow the instructions to register
3. when prompted, enter your community name as the name for your first app. If you have previously registered, click Add a New App
4. Enter your community name when prompted
5. You will be taken to the dashboard for the app you have just created. In the left hand column click the + symbol next to Products and then find the product named oEmbed. Click the Set Up button and confirm you understand the terms and conditions of using this product.
6. Your application will need to be switched to Live mode before embeds will work on your community.
Set Up Invision Community
Go to Settings > Basic from the left sidebar. You will see your App ID and a button to reveal the App Secret. Back in your ACP, fill in the form, using these details.
Next, visit your Invision Community AdminCP and navigate to System > Settings > Posting. On the General tab scroll down to find the Embeds section and populate the details.
Save the form, and that's all you need to do. You should now be able to embed appropriate Facebook and Instagram content on your community.
* Note that certain posts, images and videos may have privacy settings specified that prevent Facebook from returning embed HTML for these specific pieces of content. Users may make posts or images "Private" for instance, which prevents them from being embeddable. These URLs will not embed on your community. as Facebook does not return details for these URLs.