Pages? Blog?

Hi,

Is Pages still a thing? I see it in my "manage purchases" and can buy it but no real mention of it on the wpb homepage. I asked in the support forum for advice on how to make an article homepage which drags content from a particular forum "News & Rumours" but from what I've seen on marketplace , cast see anything that would fit. Am I right in thinking that I could buy "Pages" and then have that as the homepage , have various blocks on the homepage which pulls from the forum I mentioned and purge them as new posts are available?

OR.. Could I not buy "Blog" and have posts pulled from a particular forum as above that auto populate a blog post? If not then could I have blog where it is the homepage but call it "Home" in the menu? And just have it where I can post the blogs but people can comment?

Edited by alphamale

26 minutes ago, alphamale said:

Is Pages still a thing? I see it in my "manage purchases" and can buy it but no real mention of it on the wpb homepage. I asked in the support forum for advice on how to make an article homepage which drags content from a particular forum "News & Rumours" but from what I've seen on marketplace , cast see anything that would fit. Am I right in thinking that I could buy "Pages" and then have that as the homepage , have various blocks on the homepage which pulls from the forum I mentioned and purge them as new posts are available?

Yes

You want Pages. You would create a single page, and then add a topic feed from News & Rumours.  

26 minutes ago, alphamale said:

OR.. Could I not buy "Blog" and have posts pulled from a particular forum as above that auto populate a blog post? If not then could I have blog where it is the homepage but call it "Home" in the menu? And just have it where I can post the blogs but people can comment?

I would not recommend blogs, unless you have a community of bloggers.  

Cheers for the reply. Just out of interest, whats wrong with the blog idea? It looks pretty perfect to me? (see attachment)

So Pages is the best to use? Could I get it to look similar as blogs as it pulls it from the News & Rumours forum? Do you have a link to where I can see Pages in action? Cant seem to find it anywhere 

Matt

Screenshot 2021-02-21 at 20.47.35.png

Edited by alphamale

Thanks for the replies. So the blog system is using pages too. That looks perfect then. So I can buy Pages , have posts from "News & Rumours", which I will hide from the forum list for everybody apart from admin and moderators, and have them automatically populating the homepage (Pages). Will it be possible for the latest post in "News & Rumours" to go to the top, as in first to be seen? How would it truncate older posts?

Edited by alphamale

You might be well served to get a 14-day free demo account, create a couple of forums including one which will feature in a feed, and then set up a homepage with Pages. That'll give you an idea of what the possibilities are and whether they're what you're looking for before you spend $100 on the app: https://invisioncommunity.com/clientarea/demo/

I did try the demo and have now purchased “pages”. Just going to try and get my head around it.  Cheers

Im either really stupid or I can’t get my head around this. Can’t see how I can have a home page that looks like the first image I posted, that pulls it from a forum called “news & rumours”

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...