Member's Country

28 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Do you want your money back or will you wait for a fix!? Let me know!

I think that if we are going to be asking for money back it should be from IPS who have made the life of the webmaster using their system incredibly difficult in the move from 4.4 to 4.5. I have lost so many days to this "upgrade" and honestly, I just can't see anything that is so radically different between those two versions that justifies the move. 

I have 2 licenses and there is no way I will be moving the other one up to this 4.5 notch. 

4 minutes ago, Yvonnick Prene said:

Hello, Im interested to buy this plugin. You mentioned IPS Geolocation. Is it another plugin I need to buy?

No. IPS Geolocation is an active license perk. It shouldn’t be available at this point as it has a bug, so if it is, don’t buy it now. Follow the file to get notified when it’s updated. 

On 10/18/2020 at 3:15 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Refund request canceled. New version to fix this issue will be released during the week. 

Hi any progress with the fix?, I think for the time being it would be enough to ensure manual inputs of the location has priority over geolocating input. Its been a couple of days since our members see completely different countries than they are in, which doesn't make the app usable at the moment.

6 minutes ago, svit said:

Its been a couple of days since our members see completely different countries than they are in

I’m sure this isn’t related to this plugin as it picks the country from the IP address and the issue happens when the user tries to change it in Account Settings and it’s resetting to the IP address country, so it has absolutely nothing to do with the plugin. 

Follow the file to get notified when it’s updated.

40 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I’m sure this isn’t related to this plugin as it picks the country from the IP address and the issue happens when the user tries to change it in Account Settings and it’s resetting to the IP address country, so it has absolutely nothing to do with the plugin. 

Follow the file to get notified when it’s updated.

The issue must be with the plugin if manual changes don't work and you're issuing a fix for the plugin. Correct?

On 10/11/2020 at 11:57 PM, svit said:

As someone else mentioned, we too don't get countries saved as per members' choices, instead, other countries are getting assigned, which makes the app unusable for us, unfortunately. If you could have a look at it would be appreciated.

My comment was a follow up on our post from 11 Oct when we have raised the issue, we would really appreciate if a fix could get released soon, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

@Adriano Faria - There seems to be a bug with Members Country. I have selected only certain staff members to have access to see the country flag. Upon clicking a country flag, it shows a list of users from that country. However, when opening the link in incognito mode users can still see the list instead of an error page. So if someone had access to the link or have knowledge about how links work, they can easily access the data without having permission in guest mode.

I have sent you a private message with the links.

Thank you.

Not a bug; that’s how it was designed. 

The setting is to choose who can view the flags beside the user name across the suite. The popup is a list of users per country; it has nothing to do with that setting. Anyway, I will add a new group permission in settings (or use the same from “view”).

EDIT: New version awaiting approval.

Edited by Adriano Faria

Have you tested?

Ok 

6 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Add permisison check in the popup. From now on, only user groups selected in Groups allowed to see the countries flags will be able to view the members from countries.

It works fine to me. 

EDIT. You didn’t download new version yet. Could be this the reason why it doesn’t work for you?