Member's Country

Adriano Faria

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2017 at 10:34 AM, Stormlilly said:

Thanks so much for the video, it was very helpful.

I have installed latest version, disabled all plugins and add-on apps, plus tried the settings you have outlined above and other combinations (including no view permissions at all for anyone) and it still shows the flag to all usergroups.

:( I've had to disable for now until I figure out why its not working. 

Thanks again for trying.

Hi Adriano,

This is still happening for me.  The permissions are not working.

Has no-one else reported anything similar?

I'd greatly appreciate help in fixing it.  I can see that it works for you in your demo but this is not how it works for mine.  I tried replicating the same settings and any other combinations I can think of but no matter what all members can see the flags.

I have tried disabling all plugins.

This didn't happen in the version prior to December last year.

Edited by Stormlilly

On 01/12/2017 at 1:57 AM, Stormlilly said:

Example, I have selected view only by Administrators and Moderators, but general members can still view it on other members' profile pages.

Is that the problem?

If so, it is like since version 1.0.0. It shows to everyone in member profile:

{{if $member->members_country}}
		{{$lang = "country-" . mb_strtoupper( $member->members_country );}}
		<li>
			<h4 class="ipsType_minorHeading">
				{lang="members_country"}
			</h4>
			<span>
				<i class="ipsFlag ipsFlag-{$member->members_country}"></i> {lang="$lang"}
			</span>
		</li>
		{{endif}}

The only check it does in profiles is if the member has a flag. It always worked like that.

The permission "show everywhere" applies to selected user groups.

• Version released in december fixes an error in registration screen.
  • Version released in february fixes an error on uninstall process.

Profile never was touched and always worked like that. You are free to download previous versions and look yourself:

q1G9vkF.png

I can apply permission there too in a future version, like 4.3.0, if that helps.

image.thumb.png.07dcb4b261f4afa349ed5376b15e949b.png

OK, so this setting doesn't apply to the profile page?

I had it working successfully for a long time and then it changed.  Perhaps this is what you are referring to.

For our community I use this as a tool for our staff to detect trolls and spammers.

We are also diligent about privacy and so it's not very user-friendly for members to have their country revealed to others on their profile.

I'd love for the plugin to be able to respect the permissions settings on the profile page also.

Thanks for considering.

Edited by Stormlilly

Just now, Stormlilly said:

OK, so this setting doesn't apply to the profile page?

Yes, doesn't apply.

1 minute ago, Stormlilly said:

I had it working successfully for a long time and then it changed.  Perhaps this is what you are referring to.

Man, I know the resource. I've made it. ?

Believe me... it NEVER used any restriction in profile page. As I said, you can download any version (1.0.0 for example) and you will see.

I'll add it in next version.

3 minutes ago, Stormlilly said:

lol maybe I just thought it was working. 

Thanks for adding it in the next version Adriano, I appreciate it.

It’s there now:

9 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

What's New in Version 1.1.2:

• Applies the permission for those who can view member flag also in profile page

Update your install. 

Thanks Adriano.

Have installed and it's almostttt perfect lol ((sorry))

Even if I don't allow a usergroup to edit their country or see any flags they can still see this in their profile:

image.thumb.png.bade7bb24eb4a69dcc77ca78e7e88691.png

Ideally they should only have the ability not to see them if they have permission to see them in the first place.

Know what I mean?

• 6 months later...

Hello,

When I changed my country in the settings to UK the profile did change to the correct country, however the setting drop down box shows china, so from an end users point of view looking at the settings only it would appear that they can't change their country as it always resets to china.

Is it possible to change it so that the drop down shows the last selected and saved country?

20 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Currently the select box defaults to the country of the IP Address you're using at the moment you're browing the board.

Thanks, not sure why it is showing China for me then, I am currently in UK and using a UK IP address.

Hi @Adriano Faria

I just noticed, that the "Country" tab in the account settings responsible for the Flags Display, is not shown anymore there 😞 

1496627119_.thumb.PNG.9559a1a273bcc21542215796bdee79d0.PNG

It only shows there when I select this group in the plugin settings for "Groups allowed to change/omit the country". If the group is not selected there, the menu on the picture below is not available:

833222695_.thumb.PNG.f346bbf4669e78361dab81cea5e1c9e7.PNG

But! If I go to this menu using the direct link: https://www.myforum.ru/forum/settings/?area=country , I will be able to access it.

So I summarize the problem above in two sentences:

1) "View member flags" button is available only when going to the direct link, the menu "Country" is not shown in the account settings.

2) When a user is in one of the selected groups in the plugin settings "Groups allowed to change/omit the country", this user will have the "country" menu available in his account settings!

Please help to check, thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hello Adriano,

I've updated this plugin but as I can see all country flags were removed from all my 55k members profiles. How can I resolve this problem?

I cannt see any errors in support. Can you help me please?

update: Also in ACP I cannt see this option " Adds member country in the ACP profile "

Edited by Sethhh.
update.

22 minutes ago, Sethhh. said:

Hello Adriano,

I've updated this plugin but as I can see all country flags were removed from all my 55k members profiles. How can I resolve this problem?

I cannt see any errors in support. Can you help me please?

update: Also in ACP I cannt see this option " Adds member country in the ACP profile "

There isn’t one single line in the entire plugin to remove data so it won’t remove anything!

Make sure your settings are right, like if there are groups selected to view flags. 

“Adds member country in ACP profile” isn’t a setting. It simply Adds the country there, as shown in the image:

Capturar.JPG.8c9eb7a771a65abd3bd1245e4f4

Plus: you are showing as Member so IPS Geolocation is disabled in your board.

Important Notice:

• IPS Geolocation is an active license perk so you need to have an active license to countries get picked by IP Address.
Edited by Adriano Faria