Member's Country

On 7/12/2020 at 1:50 PM, Davyc said:

Hi @Adriano Faria I've just installed this app for 4.5 from the ACP Marketplace and it's showing my country flag on my profile but nowhere else.  I changed the setting from 'show everywhere' to specific apps but it still won't show the flag anywhere but on my profile.  Am I missing something?

image.png.fb2a35af2de51fb1308f5069cf4f7408.png

Forums:

image.png.161e9861844129f27732a8bc0ebd8260.png

Movies: Not showing anywhere at all - comments, reviews, etc

A language file needs updating too, minor niggle:

image.png.32759073960bcac4f055cf141471176c.png

With thanks

Same problem to me. The country flag is just in members profile.

From forum index ( last post topic ) dissapeared.

On 7/12/2020 at 3:29 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Go to Account Settings -> Country. Your county will be there then simply hit save. It will show. I'll try try to improve this in a future version.

Country flag appears without doing this, but not appears in forum inde. ( that's the problem )

In members profile it;s ok.

Just now, Sethhh. said:

Country flag appears without doing this, but not appears in forum inde. ( that's the problem )

In members profile it;s ok.

Again:

Go to Account Settings -> Country. Your county will be there then simply hit save. It will show. I'll try try to improve this in a future version.

It will show everywhere.

That's because new rules of marketplace; had to remove the column from core_members and it is updang only AFTER save the data on Account Settings.

Or are you saying it appears in forum view, topics, images, files, EXCEPT in forums index?

6 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Again:

It will show everywhere.

That's because new rules of marketplace; had to remove the column from core_members and it is updang only AFTER save the data on Account Settings.

Hmmm....appears now. ( after 1-2 minutes )

1 question: Should I give access to all members to edit their country and press save? Many of them are from country like Palestine, Morroco, Egypt and they will try to change FAKE COUNTRIES.

13 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I suspect I will have to drop the setting to change/ommit the country because if I auto detect the country, no matter which option the user choose, it will always point to the IP country.

How about the users, who are using VPN to access the board, but physically they are located in one certain country? I think, it's better to keep the option to overwrite the VPN-flag by changing the country manually. (or at least keep this option to administrators)

7 minutes ago, alexxis said:

How about the users, who are using VPN to access the board, but physically they are located in one certain country? I think, it's better to keep the option to overwrite the VPN-flag by changing the country manually. (or at least keep this option to administrators)

Countries won’t show up if I can’t automatically detect the country. Users will have to go to Account Settings and hit save. That’s not practical.

Still thinking about it.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jesuralem said:

Hi there, i am having a hard time upgrading from 1.2.2 to 1.3.0.1.

My (test) community is updated to 4.5.2 and says the plugin is up to date, so i don't have any update option available...

I’ll retest it later. It seems ok as there are a lot of downloads in latest few days.

Have you clicked a few times in CHECK FOR UPDATE to see if the update shows up? It is a task and runs once per day, IIRC.

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Which issue exactly? Any error in logs?

Could not register.

Error when plugin turned on, same credentials used to create new user works when turned off.

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX0

System log

ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register::_createMember(), 3 passed in /home/dilber1/public_html/init.php(886) : eval()'d code on line 13 and exactly 4 expected (0)
#0 /home/dilber1/public_html/init.php(886) : eval()'d code(13): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register::_createMember(Array, Array, NULL)
#1 /home/dilber1/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(239): IPS\core\modules\front\system\hook404::_createMember(Array, Array, NULL, Object(IPS\Helpers\Form))
#2 /home/dilber1/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(102): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->_registrationForm(NULL)
#3 /home/dilber1/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->manage()
#4 /home/dilber1/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home/dilber1/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

2 hours ago, SMen said:

Hello,

I was having an issue with registrations in 4.5.2.  I had to disable Apps and plugins one-by-one to find the issue.  Turned out to be Members Country 1.3.0.1.  Can you take a look?

20 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Same here.  Thanks for pointing this out.

Can't reproduce. I'm able to create a new account:

And I have the 4th parameter (error pointed) in the app:

public static function _createMember( $values, $profileFields, $postBeforeRegister = NULL, &$form )
	{
		try
		{
			$member = parent::_createMember( $values, $profileFields, $postBeforeRegister, $form );

You both probably still has the plugin installed, for some reason. It should have been uninstaled when the app is installed. This now is an application.

Check your plugin pages and uninstall it if you find it there.

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

You both probably still has the plugin installed, for some reason. It should have been uninstaled when the app is installed. This now is an application.

Check your plugin pages and uninstall it if you find it there.

Thank you, yes, mine is only in plug ins, not in apps.  How do I remove the plug in, install the app, and not lose the data?  I can't download it.  When I search for it through the ACP, I see this:  This resource is already installed and up to date

4 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

How do I remove the plug in, install the app, and not lose the data?

You won't lose any data. The info is there too:

dCAcoG7.png

5 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

When I search for it through the ACP, I see this:  This resource is already installed and up to date

Ive made a mistake regarding the version, that's why it doesn't show. I will fix that and will request priority to review the version. It should be out tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

You won't lose any data. The info is there too:

dCAcoG7.png

Ive made a mistake regarding the version, that's why it doesn't show. I will fix that and will request priority to review the version. It should be out tomorrow.

No hurry, but thank you.

So to be clear, I need to wait to remove the plugin, and then simply install the application?  I assume I do not uninstall the plugin on my own.

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

No, mate. As stated there, simply install the app.It will move the data from the plugin to the app and will uninstall the plugin. All you have to do is install the app. That's all!

Thanks, but I can't.  On this site there is no way to download the app.  In my ACP, there is no way to upgrade, because it already says  This resource is already installed and up to date