Member's Country

I tested this today earlier and it works in 4.6.10 so make sure:

42 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

If flags  doesn’t appear at all, disable all other 3rd-party resources and test it on a unmodified default theme. 

If they still doesn’t show on an unmodified theme with all other 3rd-party disabled, send a message with your board URL and a user. I’ll take a look tomorrow in the morning. 

I use the default theme, just changed the colors. This are the only third party I have and I disabled them and still didn't see the flags. 

1913689087_Capturadepantalla2022-02-23ala(s)2_00_05p.m..thumb.png.16de822b2c7740e67c9ea309246cac4e.png

I am not upset and I am not disappointed, in fact I am sure it's my fault, I must be doing something wrong.

But you seem with little patience, so lets just leave it as that. No further assistance needed. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Manuel Molina said:

But you seem with little patience, so lets just leave it as that. No further assistance needed. Thank you.

That’s what you’re saying. I just don’t like to walk in circles for too long. The resource is supported. If you want to be supported, do as requested: send a message with board URL na credentials.

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

That’s what you’re saying. I just don’t like to walk in circles for too long. The resource is supported. If you want to be supported, do as requested: send a message with board URL na credentials.

Nobody likes to walk in circles for too long, but there are users that need a little more patience. Like I said, I don't need further assistance from you on this. Thank you again.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Question before Im going to buy it.

In scenario if the member is from uk and goes to France for holiday...it will still show his first choice or will automatically change location to France? 

When member start the topic its possible to show the flag next to it so people can roughly see the location or at least the info about the country( at the moment we using manual edit to mark the topics- pls check the link https://xbox-vibes.com/)

Can you send me a live link to community so I can see how that's works in real life?

Thx.

3 hours ago, Edjazoli said:

In scenario if the member is from uk and goes to France for holiday...it will still show his first choice or will automatically change location to France? 

It will show UK but the member can change his flag in Account Settings if you allow their group to do it 

When member start the topic its possible to show the flag next to it

This is not a topic location resource. It will show the flag beside the user name (image below), as stated in description, not beside the topic title.

e2kQmxu.jpg

Can you send me a live link to community so I can see how that's works in real life?

I don’t use it on my board.

Edited by Adriano Faria

@Adriano Faria what a great application/plugin. I already enjoying  so much as in the future we do not need to moderate topics regarding language etc. Most of them are simple now, english, usa or polish by the author - great! Only one thing, if you could of course squiz it next to the member with latest comment next to the member iconIMG_3A36F982F066-1.thumb.jpeg.10b09daf0fec2724e414c90f0d6c54e7.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I only saw this plugin yesterday and bought it. It's a shame I didn't have it install in the beginning when I cerated my website. It only adds flags to new members and when old members logs in.

Is there a solution to get all old members to display a flag without them logging in?

On 4/8/2021 at 11:18 AM, Adriano Faria said:

This is a very common “mistake” on this resource. As this is an app now, I’ll add a tool to grab country flag from all members on a background task and will also run it when installing the resource so it will show up the flags to everyone after install. 

On 4/8/2021 at 11:18 AM, Adriano Faria said:

It’s enough to the user browse any page or your community. The country will be picked if he’s a group you selected in the settings. 

You mentioned this. Can this be a solution? I would like all members to have a flag and not only some members, It doesn't matter if the IP is out dated. is this possible?