Member's Country

8 hours ago, alexxis said:

Adriano,

I'm not able to translate the word "Country" on my community. And I think, I was never able to translate it before 😞 

image.thumb.png.c50735d992130336f0236fc2bcda7b47.png

I'm trying to translate the words, it says, the changes saved, but after updating the page the fields are empty again 😞 

Please help to check, thanks,

You really have it all doubled, not sure why. See the 2 searchs I've just made after install the marketplace version:

FyNIQ7t.png

3FnSAZc.png

You will have to run a query in your board to delete these orphaned language bits.

• 1 month later...

I have a couple of questions about this plugin; 

1. if a person is using a VPN for their browsing, will this show them to be in a country that is not where they are? 

2. Will it show up in the "Our Picks" grid if you are using that as the home page for the site? 

9 minutes ago, FZ said:

if a person is using a VPN for their browsing, will this show them to be in a country that is not where they are? 

It will show the registration IP address but any member can set their own country on Account Settings. 

11 minutes ago, FZ said:

Will it show up in the "Our Picks" grid if you are using that as the home page for the site? 

It will show everywhere where it displays a user link.

• 1 month later...

I Disabled and re-enabled as well but not helping my situation none.

I installed the plugin today right after paying.

I am running on cloud and 4.4 

The weird thing for me is that i can see the flags everywhere when i have it disabled .  When i enable it all the flags are gone and i dont see any setting for Country in Account Settings...

This is weird to me ... 😉

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's New in Version 1.3.0

• Now coded as an application
  • New setting to choose if want to show flags in all apps installed or in specific ones
  • Script optimization due to new marketplace guidelines
    • drop column from members tables and use own table to store members preferences. 

IPS 4.5 only!

Edited by Adriano Faria

Hi @Adriano Faria I've just installed this app for 4.5 from the ACP Marketplace and it's showing my country flag on my profile but nowhere else.  I changed the setting from 'show everywhere' to specific apps but it still won't show the flag anywhere but on my profile.  Am I missing something?

image.png.fb2a35af2de51fb1308f5069cf4f7408.png

Forums:

image.png.161e9861844129f27732a8bc0ebd8260.png

Movies: Not showing anywhere at all - comments, reviews, etc

A language file needs updating too, minor niggle:

image.png.32759073960bcac4f055cf141471176c.png

With thanks

I can’t reproduce. It was tested exactly in the board you have access for the Movies app in the default theme.

Make sure the plugin was uninstalled from your system. This is now an application.

Anyway, you can see in the post above yours that there’s a new version awaiting to be reviewed. Reply back after install 1.3.0.1.

Edited by Adriano Faria
1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

I can’t reproduce. It was tested exactly in the board you have access for the Movies app in the default theme.

Make sure the plugin was uninstalled from your system. This is now an application.

Anyway, you can see in the post above yours that there’s a new version awaiting to be reviewed. Reply back after install 1.3.0.1.

Yeah I checked this in the default theme and it's the same. I don't have any plugins installed as there are none available for 4.5 - I'll wait for the new version and report back - thanks 🙂

Edited by Davyc
14 minutes ago, Davyc said:

Yeah I checked this in the default theme and it's the same. I don't have any plugins installed as there are none available for 4.5 - I'll wait for the new version and report back - thanks 🙂

Go to Account Settings -> Country. Your county will be there then simply hit save. It will show. I'll try try to improve this in a future version.