Member's Country

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I have 2 small bugs

If View members flags is unchecked by a member, the option is checked again on the next open of the setting (The value on the db stay )

If all group are not allowed to see flags, the option "View members flags" disabled does not work. 
the condition on the display function is not correct there no () for the OR condition. 

Edited by SebastienG
18 hours ago, SebastienG said:

If View members flags is unchecked by a member, the option is checked again on the next open of the setting (The value on the db stay )

Account Settings?

18 hours ago, SebastienG said:

If all group are not allowed to see flags, the option "View members flags" disabled does not work. 
the condition on the display function is not correct there no () for the OR condition. 

App settings?

———------------

Ok, I understand now. Will make some tests. 

———------------

A new version is pending approval to address the issues.

Edited by Adriano Faria
On 4/28/2016 at 7:33 PM, Adriano Faria said:

New Feature:

• Guests now are able to view Member's Country.

I have this ticked but guests are not seeing country flag. My version is 1.3.6. 

Not sure how long this has been the case but pretty sure it was working before. 

Edited by FZ

I have done the update and nothing has changed regarding the guests seeing the flags. This is an important thing because my forum is very international and I want people to see this when they look at the home page (forum index). 

On 10/28/2021 at 7:34 AM, FZ said:

I have done the update and nothing has changed regarding the guests seeing the flags. This is an important thing because my forum is very international and I want people to see this when they look at the home page (forum index). 

Can't reproduce. Guests are able to view the flags:

On 10/29/2021 at 9:44 PM, Square Wheels said:

Typo, wannt

Ok.

On 10/29/2021 at 9:44 PM, Square Wheels said:

Second, you can see I select not to see other members flags, I can see them on hover, and in the member view.  I also see them in the unread view, and I suspect other places too.  

Profile will always shows the flag:

Display country flag everywhere: will display the country flag in several places from official apps like on Forums, Gallery, Blogs, Pages, Gallery, Downloads, including its widgets and third-party resources. If disabled, will display the country name + flag only on user profile.

It is like that since version 1.0.0. Although the hover it's a profile card, I could let it show there too but I'll remove it.

20 hours ago, Fugazi said:

Member's Country works beautifully in my forum but for one small thing: when I use "Theme Override" to set a special theme for a specific sub-forum, the flags won't show in that sub-forum. Is that a known issue?

I don't see any reason for that unless the theme is not compatible (not following patterns). Do the flags shows up in the whole board if you switch your theme to this one, not only in that forum?

31 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Profile will always shows the flag:

Display country flag everywhere: will display the country flag in several places from official apps like on Forums, Gallery, Blogs, Pages, Gallery, Downloads, including its widgets and third-party resources. If disabled, will display the country name + flag only on user profile.

It is like that since version 1.0.0. Although the hover it's a profile card, I could let it show there too but I'll remove it.

Seems to always show the flag.  The only way to have it not show is to turn it off.

1.thumb.png.2c56e3957e1c4234f5dfb829754dc9be.png2.thumb.png.b80705305aac2d214ee3f1bcc8de7759.png

I can' reproduce, mate. Sorry. I can't fix something that works for me in my dev install and 2 online boards (main and test install). You need to provide steps or tell me something to try to reproduce.  In the meantime, it works for me, and for others I guess.

Let's just give some time to see if someone else has same issue.

16 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I don't see any reason for that unless the theme is not compatible (not following patterns). Do the flags shows up in the whole board if you switch your theme to this one, not only in that forum?

Yes they do, everywhere except for that sub-forum where theme override is on. If I turn off theme override, the flags reappear. If I override with a different theme, the flags disappear. So it's not a behaviour linked to a specific theme.