Member's Country

• 2 months later...

Hey, man, I don't doubt that it works for everyone else, otherwise everyone would be complaining about it, right? Lol. Nah, this is probably an issue on my end or with my weird setup, I was just wondering if you knew why.

If by rebuild my cache, you mean go to the ACP -> Get Support -> Clear System Cache's, I've just done that, and it's made no difference. 

Edited by Tripp★

Okay, after watching the video, I think I might have misexplained the problem I am having.

If I have none of the boxes ticked:

Could contain: File, Text, Document, Webpage, Page

It should still show up in the profile's 'elProfileStats', right? As per: "Beyond selected apps, country flags will also show up in user profiles" except it doesn't.

If I tick "System" however it does show up in the profile (desirable), but it also shows the flag in front of every user listed on that profile's activity feed if they've reacted somewhere (undesirable). Say if they've liked my posts, it shows up in front of their username. That's what I had meant. 

And yes, I did try in a default unmodified theme first, it was the first thing I tried. I will try to uninstall the application and reinstall it to see if that fixes it. 

Edit: It's not working as apparently intended for you as shown by your video either. As per: "Beyond selected apps, country flags will also show up in user profiles" When you selected to show on forums only, it removed it from your profile's 'elProfileStats' bar: https://youtu.be/XoqGz00YLB0?t=88

Edited by Tripp★

Sure thing, and totally understandable and I don't exactly have a good track record of being clear and concise at the best of days. 

But basically when you had System ticked it showed up on the 'elUserStats' bar:

Could contain: Person, Human, Text

When you selected only Forums:

Despite the fact that this is also true:

Could contain: Page, Text, Word, File

In the past, this has worked. If nothing was selected, it'd just show up in the 'elProfileStats' bar and nowhere else. But that doesn't appear to be the case anymore.

Anyway, I hope that's as clear as I can make it. I hope you have a great weekend. Apologies for landing this on you on a Sunday. 

Edited by Tripp★
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2022 at 10:49 AM, Tripp★ said:

Sure thing, and totally understandable and I don't exactly have a good track record of being clear and concise at the best of days. 

But basically when you had System ticked it showed up on the 'elUserStats' bar:

When you selected only Forums:

Despite the fact that this is also true:

Could contain: Page, Text, Word, File

In the past, this has worked. If nothing was selected, it'd just show up in the 'elProfileStats' bar and nowhere else. But that doesn't appear to be the case anymore.

Anyway, I hope that's as clear as I can make it. I hope you have a great weekend. Apologies for landing this on you on a Sunday. 

Fixed. New version uploaded.

Hi @Adriano Faria, thinking of installing this one but I know i'll get asked the following question immediately if/when I do install it:

United Kingdom isn't seen as most of our members country and they'd rather associate themselves with either England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. Are these in the list? If not, can I add them in manually or do I have to ask for this as a feature request from yourself?

Thanks in advance 😄

1 minute ago, GazzaGarratt said:

United Kingdom isn't seen as most of our members country and they'd rather associate themselves with either England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.

No, as they are UK for the IPS Geolocation. You won't find them anywhere in the suite. Want to make a test? Go to your ACP -> System -> General Configuration -> Physical Address. You won't find these countries there; you will find United Kingdom instead:

yuIX0y5.png

If you think this should change, then you should request to IPS: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/forum/499-feature-suggestions/

Thanks @Adriano Faria, really helpful to explain why it is the way it is. I most likely wouldn't try to use IPS Geolocation as some people on the internet get bothered about what info it shows 😅 Trying to please the masses isn't always the easiest!

I'll have a think about a suggestion, but based off of my own past experience of raising other ideas, I really don't think the core will change - even more so after a quick online search, geolocation is mostly configured this way.

I was more thinking for ease to add additional countries to the list, as you said they can select a Country from a list anyway which ignores geolocation. That way the feature can incorporate any future country complications (just like the UK being a political union rather than a country 😄).

Thanks again 👍

1 minute ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I was more thinking for ease to add additional countries to the list

Countries are hard coded in a PHP file; I (or even IPS) don't store them in a table:

/**
 * GeoLocation
 */
class _GeoLocation
{
	/**
	 * @brief	Country Code List
	 */
	public static $countries = array(
		'AF', // Afghanistan
		'AX', // Åland Islands
		'AL', // Albania
		'DZ', // Algeria
		'AS', // American Samoa
		'AD', // Andorra
		'AO', // Angola
		'AI', // Anguilla

'YE', // Yemen
		'ZM', // Zambia
		'ZW', // Zimbabwe
	);

We can certainly add items to that array but that would be definitively made as a custom job as I won't change the main app. Also, I'm only saying that by taking a look in that file... I would need to test to see if it would work.

Send a message if you want to make a try as a custom job.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Chris027 said:

I’m getting a lot of people now in “country-ZZ” with a gray flag and question mark. Any clue what’s up with this?

Check out in settings which API you’re using. Switch to the IPS api. Even if it’s the new one, the list of countries comes from a IPS file and there is no “zz” country code there.

Send a message with board URL and ACP account. I’ll take a look at this tomorrow. 

Need to get a user ZZ IP address and see what the API is returning.