Here we go again.. Facebook action required

Go to solution Solved by Matt,

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

Go and install the patch we released yesterday. There is an issue with social log in buttons when used with the quick register form.

Ok thanks I've applied it, but I still have an issue with the facebook app that I need to reply to with something.

1 hour ago, The Heff said:

This is why I dumped any form of Facebook integration. I got sick and tired of the constantly changing requirements and ongoing challenges I had to pass.

I'm about to go the same way, I think. I didn't understand a word of what it was that they wanted me to do, besides download some sort of SDK and create a new account. Nope!

24 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Not sure where you are getting that you need to use an SDK there.

In the email sent to me by FB, they linked to a developer's page indicating what was expected of me, and those were the details listed. I deleted the email because I couldn't make any sense of the page or, indeed, why they would expect me to do any of that, so can't paste the content. 

3 minutes ago, Meddysong said:

In the email sent to me by FB, they linked to a developer's page indicating what was expected of me, and those were the details listed. I deleted the email because I couldn't make any sense of the page or, indeed, why they would expect me to do any of that, so can't paste the content. 

Yeah, what its saying there is that there is an issue with your integration, and giving you the developer instructions on how you should integrate (this is what we use). We have done that in the software. The reason you got the message is because there was an issue

2 hours ago, Saurabh Jain said:

Patch link please

I was geteting these mails 

and i was about to decide to quit facebook login

The patch would be in your admin CP to run. If you go to ACP->Support you will see "Optional patch available" under the version number. Click this to apply the patch

Incidentally, there was another patch for this just released, so if you applied before today, please check for further patches.

But the issue is a known issue, which has a patch available. Here's my point...

This only becomes descriptive when you click on the "Optional patch available" button - I have to perform an action to see that information, and make a decision on whether to apply the patch:

image.png.cf52bceadda1d43a555d8dcfafe6eb85.png

Whereas listing it in the known issues requires no action to be performed to see the information.

Just making a case for using what you guys have to make people aware of stuff easily.

2 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

But the issue is a known issue, which has a patch available. Here's my point...

This only becomes descriptive when you click on the "Optional patch available" button - I have to perform an action to see that information, and make a decision on whether to apply the patch:

image.png.cf52bceadda1d43a555d8dcfafe6eb85.png

Whereas listing it in the known issues requires no action to be performed to see the information.

Just making a case for using what you guys have to make people aware of stuff easily.

We would only really show things in there where there is an issue that affects everyone, that hasn't really been resolved or needs to be applied instantly. As the name entails there, what you see with the patches are optional. If you have issues then you would apply them. There is no need to really be applying them otherwise. 

For example, it may be gallery isn't allowing the uploading of images at all. We know about it, we are trying to resolve it, but there isnt yet a resolution to the problem. That theoretical situation may be something we add in there.

Feedback on this of course is always welcome, however it would be more suited to its own topic, rather than this one.

• 2 weeks later...

My facebook app has banned 

they were asking some email address password to login 

I created an account and gave them.... still they rejected

----

My members now cannot login with facebook not every member will mail admin. that they are not able to login... they will simply leave the site and go away

---

I want to identify accounts who login with facebook and want to send the email ....  kindly reset your password 

Sincere help will be apreciated...

4 hours ago, Saurabh Jain said:

My facebook app has banned 

they were asking some email address password to login 

I created an account and gave them.... still they rejected

----

My members now cannot login with facebook not every member will mail admin. that they are not able to login... they will simply leave the site and go away

---

I want to identify accounts who login with facebook and want to send the email ....  kindly reset your password 

Sincere help will be apreciated...

You would need to email all members to let them know if they use facebook login, they need to reset. There is no way in which to specifically target users with facebook login at present

12 hours ago, Saurabh Jain said:

I removed facebook login on my forum a week ago, and put the app in developer mode. Not a single member has complained after I did that.

I just don't like the way fb act towards other competitors in social media at the moment. 

14 hours ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

I removed facebook login on my forum a week ago, and put the app in developer mode. Not a single member has complained after I did that.

I just don't like the way fb act towards other competitors in social media at the moment. 

Unfortunately this is indeed the case

6 hours ago, Fast Lane! said:

I'm still on Invision 4.4 and got the same message.  Something is a foot, not just a 4.6 issue....

I'll be upgrading soon but this issue has me boggled too. 

You will indeed be having the issue on 4.4, as there was a patch in 4.6 to resolve the problem. So 4.4 would have issues

4 hours ago, Fast Lane! said:

Not sure how this would help, to be honest. 

7 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Unfortunately this is indeed the case

You will indeed be having the issue on 4.4, as there was a patch in 4.6 to resolve the problem. So 4.4 would have issues

Not sure how this would help, to be honest. 

Marc-

What was broken, requiring the patch?  Facebook log in seems to work ok.  

Edited by Fast Lane!

39 minutes ago, Fast Lane! said:

Marc-

What was broken, requiring the patch?  Facebook log in seems to work ok.  

Facebook made just some changes which required some changes on our end and are included in a patch in 4.6. The issue isn't with login of existing users but rather a new user "registering" via the Facebook login provider.