Hump Day: A Refresh Has Arrived!

Update // September 14, 2021: WE MADE IT! 

After months of hard work behind-the-scenes, we launched our newly-refreshed website and community theme. We have a formal blog post about it on the way, but we wanted to share this soft launch with you first 🤫. Feel free to share your feedback in the comments; we're here for you and are chatting! 

Earlier // May 12, 2021:

Image from iOS.jpg

Hey all, Happy Hump Day!

@Charles and I joined forces here in Las Vegas this week because we're planning something super exciting. 🤐😎 

After 4.6 rolls out, we're focusing on freshening up our homepage/subsequent pages and match that branding with this community. That may or may not be an understatement, but if there's anything to take away from this teaser it's that there some slick visual changes on the way!  

If you guys have any websites/homepages which are clean & minimal that inspire you, we'd love for you to drop some links in the comments. We already do have a firm idea/concept planned out, but your opinions matter to us! We'd like to hear from you. 

When doing your refresh can you also take a look at the help files?  Some are way out of date and most don't give clear examples on how to implement some of the options available.  Not everyone is a PHP coder, but many don't mind getting their hands dirty now and then to make some positive changes to their sites.

An example would be (and this is just an example as it comes to mind) - how to implement Google Maps.  The instructions are out of date and it was a minefield navigating how to set it up - I gave up at the finish.  Another would be how to use custom fields and how to best use them, including any CSS examples that are needed to dress those fields so they look the part. Plain English examples are needed.

I'm sure that a lot of people would appreciate being able to make changes without any horror stories occurring.  As the suite evolves so should the help files and if you are including community enhancements that involve third parties, who are also evolving, then the help files should reflect this.  I believe this is just as important as a site refresh and apologies for hijacking the topic, but a refresh should be more than just some site cosmetics 🙂

Edited by Davyc
spelling lol

2 hours ago, Davyc said:

An example would be (and this is just an example as it comes to mind) - how to implement Google Maps

Hey Dave, I've recently set up Google Maps both in the ACP and separately (async load with init callback) in my evolving jobs app. I know you are making a bigger point here. which I agree with, but in the meantime if I can be of any help, drop me a line.

18 hours ago, Jordan Invision said:

Image from iOS.jpg

Hey all, Happy Hump Day!

@Charles and I joined forces here in Las Vegas this week because we're planning something super exciting. 🤐😎 

After 4.6 rolls out, we're focusing on freshening up our homepage/subsequent pages and match that branding with this community. That may or may not be an understatement, but if there's anything to take away from this teaser it's that there some slick visual changes on the way!  

If you guys have any websites/homepages which are clean & minimal that inspire you, we'd love for you to drop some links in the comments. We already do have a firm idea/concept planned out, but your opinions matter to us! We'd like to hear from you. 

Minimalistic design, maximum awesomeness as content.

I like it!

Dan Aykroyd Blues Brother GIF

6 hours ago, Davyc said:

When doing your refresh can you also take a look at the help files?  Some are way out of date and most don't give clear examples on how to implement some of the options available.  Not everyone is a PHP coder, but many don't mind getting their hands dirty now and then to make some positive changes to their sites.

An example would be (and this is just an example as it comes to mind) - how to implement Google Maps.  The instructions are out of date and it was a minefield navigating how to set it up - I gave up at the finish.  Another would be how to use custom fields and how to best use them, including any CSS examples that are needed to dress those fields so they look the part. Plain English examples are needed.

I'm sure that a lot of people would appreciate being able to make changes without any horror stories occurring.  As the suite evolves so should the help files and if you are including community enhancements that involve third parties, who are also evolving, then the help files should reflect this.  I believe this is just as important as a site refresh and apologies for hijacking the topic, but a refresh should be more than just some site cosmetics 🙂

I like where your head is at! Yes, we will definitely be taking a look at the Help Guides and documentation, but not in tandem with the website revamp. We will need to sit down and focus solely on that project in the near future as it'll be a relatively big (but awesome) undertaking. This feedback is valuable though thank you! 

7 hours ago, Davyc said:

The instructions are out of date and it was a minefield navigating how to set it up - I gave up at the finish

If a guide is out of date, just hit the report button and let us know. Someone will update it soon after we're aware. (Google and Facebook especially change their interfaces very often).

On 5/12/2021 at 5:14 PM, Jordan Invision said:

@Charles and I joined forces here in Las Vegas this week because we're planning something super exciting.

I wasn't expecting Charles to be so young looking.  I had this impression in my mind that Charles was in his early 50's, grey hair, tall with a stern look about him.  He looks like a really nice chap that I could easily have a beer with 🙂

• Management
On 5/16/2021 at 5:30 AM, Davyc said:

I wasn't expecting Charles to be so young looking.  I had this impression in my mind that Charles was in his early 50's, grey hair, tall with a stern look about him.  He looks like a really nice chap that I could easily have a beer with 🙂

Apparently photos add congeniality to me.

I love Polaroid photos. ( We had a camera, but I replaced it with a modern approach  => replace the camera with a Polaroid printer:D )
Make 10 pics on the iPhone or camera and then send the best to the Polaroid printer🤣 Old School Results where nobody knows if the baby on the pic is me or my daughter... MUCH MORE FUN!!!

• 3 months later...