Member Map

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

You might get it to work, you might not.

The new template that this would go in is

function mapInfoBox($memberData) {
$IPBHTML = "";
//--starthtml--//
$IPBHTML .= <<<EOF
<php>
$avatar = IPSMember::buildProfilePhoto($memberData, 'small');
</php>
{$avatar}
EOF;
//--endhtml--//
return $IPBHTML;
}

You would need to strip out all of the old HTML that's no longer used and just add {$sig}

This information will be cached to a public place on your website and may cause the map to load slower (since there's going to be quite a bit more data to load)

Sorry - which template needs to be edited ???

Hi all.

Nice addon overall, users generally like it. I've installed it, everything works good except one thing: When user adds his/her location, the infobox popup shows null string instead of user's name. But this null can be clicked (it's inside A tag) and it points to the user's profile. Only one user (from moderator group) has his name displayed properly. All permissions are set.

How can I fix this issue? After quick look it seems like s.display_name (in jq.membermap.js) containts wrong value.

mapInfoBox

Hi all.

Nice addon overall, users generally like it. I've installed it, everything works good except one thing: When user adds his/her location, the infobox popup shows null string instead of user's name. But this null can be clicked (it's inside A tag) and it points to the user's profile. Only one user (from moderator group) has his name displayed properly. All permissions are set.

How can I fix this issue? After quick look it seems like s.display_name (in jq.membermap.js) containts wrong value.

I've seen it on a few installs so far, a number of them seem to rectify themselves. Haven't tracked down the cause for it yet. Theoretically it shouldn't be possible.

Nice clean upgrade, no issues once I got a Bing API key.

Only thing I had to manually update were the images that land under master styles directory and copy them over to my skin style images directory.

Few recommendations (I haven't read through the entire thread, so please ignore any duplicate requests):

1) The number of members on that map is no longer shown (previously at the bottom left of the Member Map)

2) The popup dialog box is quite dark, dark fonts on dark background. Can customize this through the css styling and templates, but just a consideration for a global change.

3) Would be a great enhancement to have some level of member list and search on the map page to find where a given member is (without going into their profile) or to show what members are in a certain area (like a radius search).

4) Maybe have an option to show the member names in some way rather than just a number on the map and requiring a click to see who it is. At least at a certain zoom level, start to expose the member names rather than just a number. I can see the grouping at a higher elevation but once zoomed in there is a UX value to having them exposed and making things more efficient to see the respective member names.

All in all, great work as usual stoo! Looking forward to the final release! :smile:

Still a little lost here - mapinfo contains this info currently

<php>
IPSText::getTextClass('bbcode')->parse_html = $memberData['g_dohtml'];
IPSText::getTextClass('bbcode')->parse_nl2br = 1;
IPSText::getTextClass('bbcode')->parse_smilies = 0;
IPSText::getTextClass('bbcode')->parse_bbcode = 1;
IPSText::getTextClass('bbcode')->parsing_section = 'signatures';
IPSText::getTextClass('bbcode')->parsing_mgroup = $memberData['member_group_id'];
IPSText::getTextClass('bbcode')->parsing_mgroup_others = $memberData['mgroup_others'];

$memberData['signature'] = IPSText::getTextClass('bbcode')->preDisplayParse( $memberData['signature'] );
$memberData['signature'] = $this->registry->getClass('output')->getTemplate('global')->signature_separator( $memberData['signature'] );
$sig = str_replace(array('"', "n", "r"), array("'", '', ''), $memberData['signature']);
$memberData['prefix'] = str_replace('"', "'", $memberData['prefix']);
</php><div class='left def'>{$avatar}</div><div class='left text'><h3><a href='{parse url="showuser={$memberData['member_id']}" template="showuser" seotitle="{$memberData['members_seo_name']}" base="public"}' title='{$this->lang->words['view_profile']}'>{$memberData['members_display_name']}</a><span class='ieHide'>{parse template="user_popup" group="global" params="$memberData['member_id'], $memberData['members_seo_name']"}</span></h3><p>{$memberData['prefix']}{$memberData['g_title']}{$memberData['suffix']}</p><if test="($this->memberData['member_id'] && $member['member_id'] == $this->memberData['member_id']) || $this->memberData['g_is_supmod'] == 1"><p class='remMarker'><a href='{parse url="module=membermap&amp;action=removeMarker&amp;do={$memberData['member_id']}" base="publicWithApp" template="removeMarker" seotitle="false"}' title='{$this->lang->words['modRemoveMarker']}'>{parse replacement="rep_down"} {$this->lang->words['modRemoveMarker']}</a></p></if></div><br clear='all'/>{$sig}

So all of that needs to be removed and replaced with the code you advised ?

Still a little lost here - mapinfo contains this info currently

So all of that needs to be removed and replaced with the code you advised ?

You certainly should revert your member map template customisations from 1.0.9, they won't work at all with 2.0

If you do add any extra content to the template, it will be available to every visitor regardless of any setting for viewing signatures etc.

You certainly should revert your member map template customisations from 1.0.9, they won't work at all with 2.0

If you do add any extra content to the template, it will be available to every visitor regardless of any setting for viewing signatures etc.

OK. Reverting gave this :

<php>
</php>
{$avatar}

But adding {$sig} to the end did nothing ............

HI Stuart!

Any progress on the Custom marker ability? Also please remember I would love to have a filter that someone could choose to see only specific custom markers.

Example ... I have a map full of fruit markers, Apples, pears, oranges, grapes, peaches, Love to have a drop down menu to select "Show me only Apples" on the map..

Love the program and hope all things are well with you.

Jeff

Hello!

Thanks for the work, looks really nice and works smooth..

maybe a few suggestions from my side:

Option to add a List of Users which added their location to the map and a option to filter marks by groups, for example show only marks from group1, only from group2, show from all

An Integration in IP.Calendar when Creating Events would be WOW!!!

For some reason it will not let me change my location or let my membership add their locations. ANy ideas? The buttons are there, but when they get clicked, nothing happens.

The most likely scenario is that you already have jQuery included on the page, but it is an old version.

Updating jQuery to 1.7.2 or newer 1.x will provide the required functionality.

www.legionofhonorclan.com/

you wont be able to see anything other than what is allowed and the membermap is not allowed..is there something i can do to check?

when i use my console I get this: so I guess its 1.6.4?

/*! jQuery v1.6.4 http://jquery.com/ | http://jquery.org/license */

Yep, if you change the code reference to 1.7.2 (most likely in globalTemplate), so it would read...

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.2/jquery.min.js"></script>