Member Map

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Stoo - I'm happy to chuck some $ into the hat to pay for a fix to my issue..............

I'm happy to chuck some cash too if we can get custom markers available - they would be ideal for our new forum we are building right now.

Donations are accepted here: http://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/index.php?app=nexus&module=clients&section=donations&error=1 if that's something that you would like to do.

Custom markers are being a little bit more of a headache than expected, to be able to use HTML based markers (for customisation), we can't use the 'Bing Theme' that give the map the good look (dark infoboxes etc).

Donations are accepted here: http://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/index.php?app=nexus&module=clients&section=donations&error=1 if that's something that you would like to do.

Custom markers are being a little bit more of a headache than expected, to be able to use HTML based markers (for customisation), we can't use the 'Bing Theme' that give the map the good look (dark infoboxes etc).

I'd be more than happy to do that - can you advise the required coding to only display members signatures when you click on their map marker ?

are there any other themes to the bing theme that work then with html based markers?

I would be happy to have a less pretty theme that had the functionality if that's an option

That's exactly the route I'm going with, working on making the 'default' style a little better looking. I would also rather have the functionality.

I'd be more than happy to do that - can you advise the required coding to only display members signatures when you click on their map marker ?

I can put together a guide for you, although it's most likely going to be out of date for the next version :D

It is better to complete this version for 3.4.x, in my opinion.

Migration to IPS 4 takes a lot of time and effort as 3rd party plugins won't be available soon as IPS 4 is out, and if they'll be, they'll have bugs as developers still need to be acquainted with the new code base.

It is better to complete this version for 3.4.x, in my opinion.

Migration to IPS 4 takes a lot of time and effort as 3rd party plugins won't be available soon as IPS 4 is out, and if they'll be, they'll have bugs as developers still need to be acquainted with the new code base.

Too right, There is always the possibility for a bug fix release after the IPS4 version is out too.

Dear Stuart,

I wanted to check more what is the problem with the code of the old version (Member Maps 1.0.9) so I installed a clean version of the test board with 1.0.9 today, entered my APIs Console key (as explained here: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/tutorial#api_key ), and magically everything worked: The map appeared, I was able to add a custom marker and my location (as a member) using google geocoding. So I am very happy (previously in my live board I was getting a stuck screen with 1.0.9).

Were you aware of this?

Maybe there is a way for those of us that really need the custom markers to "downgrade" to the (working?) old version, until you upgrade the beta version?

Please explain what is/was the problem more specifically, including some technical details if possible, please!

PS: As I see, Google Maps JavaScript API v3 allows for up to 25k requests/day, which seems very fine for me!

Dear Stuart,

I wanted to check more what is the problem with the code of the old version (Member Maps 1.0.9) so I installed a clean version of the test board with 1.0.9 today, entered my APIs Console key (as explained here: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/tutorial#api_key ), and magically everything worked: The map appeared, I was able to add a custom marker and my location (as a member) using google geocoding. So I am very happy (previously in my live board I was getting a stuck screen with 1.0.9).

Were you aware of this?

Maybe there is a way for those of us that really need the custom markers to "downgrade" to the (working?) old version, until you upgrade the beta version?

Please explain what is/was the problem more specifically, including some technical details if possible, please!

PS: As I see, Google Maps JavaScript API v3 allows for up to 25k requests/day, which seems very fine for me!

v2 implementations are automatically upgraded to the v3 API, it's not guaranteed to work and doesn't for many users.

Hi,

I have a member that has multiple shops and wants to list them all on the map - Is there any way this could be done or is it impossible?

User-added customer markers would be able to do this for you (planned feature).

-----------------------

As a teaser for yourselves, if you'd like to see what the 'new' HTML based pushpins look like, you can see them here: http://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/membermap/ (You may need to CTRL+F5 if you've look at this map recently).

As a teaser for yourselves, if you'd like to see what the 'new' HTML based pushpins look like, you can see them here: http://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/membermap/ (You may need to CTRL+F5 if you've look at this map recently).

The more I looked at these, I wasn't happy with the shape of them (although they were based on the presentation that Bing uses for the markers). They didn't have any particular part of the icon actually pointing to a location.

I've replaced those markers once more :lol:

Please take a look and let me know what you think, I may still end up making them a little smaller.

They look very good, definitely the transparent pointing shape makes them quite good looking. A bit smaller they would be perfect, even though i think they look pretty good right now.

They're also pure CSS, whatever colour the admin chooses for the background will also be inherited in the stem.

I'm getting this error on iPhone and Android 'Chrome'....

"Fatal error: Call to a member function mapTemplate() on a non-object in /home/dzxlgzyz/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/membermap/modules_public/membermap/map.phpon line 77