Member Map

Well Poo.

I have a glitch. I found a new balloon event that I listed on my calendar. I then went to put a custom marker pin in my Member Map and it tells me that I have not filled out a required field. Tried it over 4 times and same result. I can not see any other fields and the ones I can see are filled out.

Any Ideas what is going on?

Here Watch.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wysh4g1ba2ekyko/RequiredField.swf?dl=0

All the best.

Jeff

Is there anywhere a Demo of the MemberMap on Facebook?

I dont unterstand how the Integration on Facebook is working? I think it es because https://developers.facebook.com/ have a new design and my english is too bad sad.png

Is there anywhere a step by step for dummies? smile.png

Facebook have changed a lot of things recently, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work properly.

Just to let you know that this is now resolved. Apparently the MIME the was not setup for JSON on the server.

Thanks for looking into this for me, you're ongoing support for this is much appreciated.

Thanks for letting me know :)

Well Poo.

I have a glitch. I found a new balloon event that I listed on my calendar. I then went to put a custom marker pin in my Member Map and it tells me that I have not filled out a required field. Tried it over 4 times and same result. I can not see any other fields and the ones I can see are filled out.

Any Ideas what is going on?

Here Watch.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wysh4g1ba2ekyko/RequiredField.swf?dl=0

All the best.

Jeff

Did you paste the address into the box?

Click into the address box and press a button on your keyboard (can be shift, ctrl, space etc) you should see the map zoom in and place the marker.

OK New item up for grabs.

I just had to delete a custom marker. Simple enough just hit the - button.

However. I have 23 pages of custom markers and they are not sortable in any fashion. I can not select just one category so I have to go page by page to find the marker I need to delete.

To make matters worse the categories are not together. What i mean by this is on page one there are 9 listings from cat A and 4 listings from Cat D. Then on page two there are 6 markers from Cat B and 4 from cat E and 5 more from Cat A. So even if you find a page that has the category you are looking for there is a good possibility that the custom marker you are looking for is not there.

To delete the marker I was looking for I had to go page by page till I got to page 11.

Any way around this? Can the categories be sorted somehow? Or can they at least appear all together and alphabetized?. Or even better yet allow an administrator to delet them from the map on front side!

When you have a moment let me know your thoughts or if there is a way to find a custom marker faster than how I do it.

Thanks again

Jeff

You have to revert your template modifications, your template HTML is for 1.0.9. You can do this in the template manager, look for the Member Map templates that have a red dot next to them, open them and then click 'revert'.

As a side note, 2.0.0 is the latest version, not 2.0.0 beta 2.

I have the same problem as stated here. I have reverted one red point in the template manager. Re-uploaded, recached everything - I still have this message over the map saying that Bing is invalid credentials.

I have also tried different settings in Bing: Basic / Not-for-profit and Basic / Public website

Any suggestions: My map here http://www.fjellforum.no/membermap/

I have the same problem as stated here. I have reverted one red point in the template manager. Re-uploaded, recached everything - I still have this message over the map saying that Bing is invalid credentials.

I have also tried different settings in Bing: Basic / Not-for-profit and Basic / Public website

Any suggestions: My map here http://www.fjellforum.no/membermap/

Your problem is that the API key isn't valid, re-copy it from your Bing Portal. You should use a "Basic / Public Website" key.

admin/applicatons_addon/other/membermap/sources/classes/mapLib.php

Change line 169 from

'url'   => $this->registry->getClass('output')->buildSeoUrl('showuser='.$members[$id]['member_id'], 'public', $members[$id]['members_seo_name'], 'showuser'),

to

'url'   => $this->registry->getClass('output')->buildSeoUrl($this->settings['board_url'] . '/index.php?showuser='.$members[$id]['member_id'], 'none', $members[$id]['members_seo_name'], 'showuser'),

Hey Stoo, I'm getting a similar error to this one, using the new version 2.0 and checking for the correct content in that file.

I get my board url with /null at the end instead of the username.

Have you got any clue please?

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a problem with the last version. As soon as I updated from beta 2, the map is displayed full page (no header, etc) and no markers are shown. I am using a custom skin, but the master skin displays a blank page when I try to access the map. Tried reinstalling, and nothing happened.

Markers do exist, but they are invisible. You can click and a balloon will be shown.

• 2 weeks later...

HI, Hope you are well.

Just wondering if you have a fix for the two items I have posted.

1. having to hit the Custom marker tab each time you do an edit then having to go page by page to get back to the page of custom markers you were editing

2. A way to sort the custom markers so I dont have to go page by page searcing for a marker in a custom group.

These items are not critical. Just something that would be nice to be able to do.

All the best as you are the best.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

I am crashing browsers?

I do not know what I have done. I was updating some of my custom markers. They are Event Markers and I was changing from this years past date to next years proposed date. I also removed a few discontinued events. Then my browser started to fail. Tried safari, Same Tried explorer and the pin icons were gone. Tried firefox and it crashed many many times.

I do not know what I have done. Can you have a look please.

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

​Yeah, that's what this topic is for :)

​Haha,

When I upgraded to the newest version anyone who pinned themselves on the map lost their "Latest Visitors" on their user profile, it got covered over by the map in their profile.  Any idea why?  or something I need to do on my end?

Thanks

Erik

When trying to install the Application I get the following error:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 12:49:05 +0000
 Error: 1213 - Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction
 IP Address: 195.200.x.x - /xyz/index.php?adsess=3aea4ade7565575b038da89821894bc0&app=core&module=applications&section=setup&do=finish&app_directory=membermap&type=install&version=10001
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 mySQL query error: DELETE FROM ipb_skin_cache WHERE cache_type='css' AND cache_set_id=4 AND cache_value_1='membermap'
 .--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
 | File                                                                       | Function                                                                      | Line No.          |
 |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|
 | xyz/sources/classes/skins/skinCaching.php                                | [db_main_mysql].delete                                                        | 809               |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
 | xyz/sources/classes/skins/skinCaching.php                                | [skinCaching].rebuildCSSCache                                                 | 635               |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
 | xyz/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php                              | [skinCaching].rebuildCSS                                                      | 502               |
 | xyz/sources/classes/output/adminOutput.php                               | [output].__construct                                                          | 111               |
 | xyz/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php                                         | [adminOutput].__construct                                                     | 637               |

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Thomas

Edited by Thomas P

​Haha,

When I upgraded to the newest version anyone who pinned themselves on the map lost their "Latest Visitors" on their user profile, it got covered over by the map in their profile.  Any idea why?  or something I need to do on my end?

Thanks

Erik

​Hi Erik,

You would need to revert any template or CSS changes made to Membermap, they will not be compatible with the new version.

When trying to install the Application I get the following error:

Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 12:49:05 +0000
 Error: 1213 - Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction
 IP Address: 195.200.x.x - /xyz/index.php?adsess=3aea4ade7565575b038da89821894bc0&app=core&module=applications&section=setup&do=finish&app_directory=membermap&type=install&version=10001
 mySQL query error: DELETE FROM ipb_skin_cache WHERE cache_type='css' AND cache_set_id=4 AND cache_value_1='membermap'
 .--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
 | File                                                                       | Function                                                                      | Line No.          |
 |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|
 | xyz/sources/classes/skins/skinCaching.php                                | [db_main_mysql].delete                                                        | 809               |
 | xyz/sources/classes/skins/skinCaching.php                                | [skinCaching].rebuildCSSCache                                                 | 635               |
 | xyz/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php                              | [skinCaching].rebuildCSS                                                      | 502               |
 | xyz/sources/classes/output/adminOutput.php                               | [output].__construct                                                          | 111               |
 | xyz/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php                                         | [adminOutput].__construct                                                     | 637               |

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Thomas

​It's not an issue with Membermap, but it does look like you have a slow query locking the table. I would suggest submitting a support ticket to IPS.