Member Map

Hi Stoo2000,

I just installed the latest beta version. Works a treat! My only question is, can I edit the profile mini map's default zoom level somewhere? I know it's not in the ACP settings, but is there a file I can edit? Would love if the profile mini map had a zoom function built in too.

Still, those are totally nit picking. Love the mod, man! :smile:

Hi All,

I am currently in talks with stoo2000 to build a hook that will automatically import members into the members map via a task, negating the need for a user to actually the add it manually.

If you are interested in splitting the cost for this development work, please let me know.

Thanks.

Pete

Hi Stoo2000,

I just installed the latest beta version. Works a treat! My only question is, can I edit the profile mini map's default zoom level somewhere? I know it's not in the ACP settings, but is there a file I can edit? Would love if the profile mini map had a zoom function built in too.

Still, those are totally nit picking. Love the mod, man! :smile:

Zoom level has changed in the next version, although for now you can edit /public/js/jq.membermap.js line 254

Where do I get the API from?

And I loaded the newest beta yet in my ACP it shows 1.0.9 with update available?

If someone has this working and would help me out please PM me.

In the Applications section where you see it says update available, it should be a green button that is clickable. Click it and follow the upgrade procedure. Then you should be able to get upgraded to the latest version. I would backup my database if you have a lot of data in the app (markers and such) to just be certain you can revert if anything goes wrong.

As for the API, I dont use the beta but I think the beta is using bing maps now, and I just googled bing maps api and got this link: http://www.microsoft.com/maps/choose-your-bing-maps-api.aspx not sure if that is it or not but a simple search should yield some results.

I've been in the dark for the past 3 months...could I get a update on what I can do to fix my member map?

Not sure what you are "In the dark" regarding as last time I saw you post on here it was to say that the googlemaps api was not working which Stoo is was aware of and wrote a new version using bing mapping to resolve. If you still havent upgraded to this version you will need to do so in order to get your mapping back.

Not sure what you are "In the dark" regarding as last time I saw you post on here it was to say that the googlemaps api was not working which Stoo is was aware of and wrote a new version using bing mapping to resolve. If you still havent upgraded to this version you will need to do so in order to get your mapping back.

So I just need to install the new version of member map and my bing api key that I have currently will begin working?

So I just need to install the new version of member map and my bing api key that I have currently will begin working?

did for me as I had the bing key used in gallery.

I did enter the key in maps section too, not sure if needed but everythign worked instantly.

Hello,

I'm very sad to learn that after four months where we always have a version where members can add their position I find it a shame...

It is a bit like the iPhone mobile application IPB...

Beta 2 allows your members to add locations? - and It has done since Jan 21st when it was released.

did for me as I had the bing key used in gallery.

I did enter the key in maps section too, not sure if needed but everythign worked instantly.

Aye, that would pretty much be the idea :smile:

Yep, if you've already added a Bing API Key for IP.Gallery we'll automatically use that one.

Hey Stuart,

So please remember I am helpless hopeless clueless and useless.... Wondering a few things.

First if I switch to the latest version of the membermap will I loose the custom markers I have in the files on my Server. I know they will no longer show on the map. But when you get the new version of MemberMap ready I am assuming the custom markers will be retrieveable.

Second is if I switch to the latest version will I need to get a new api from bing? I will not be able to use the one from google? I think as I have been reading this is the case.

If I get the new map from bing and my members list thier location on the new map will those pins transfer to the new map version when you are done?

Will I need to get a new Google APIv3?

Sorry I am so clueless. Thanks as always for being so forgiving and helpful with me.

Jeff

Hey Stuart,

So please remember I am helpless hopeless clueless and useless.... Wondering a few things.

First if I switch to the latest version of the membermap will I loose the custom markers I have in the files on my Server. I know they will no longer show on the map. But when you get the new version of MemberMap ready I am assuming the custom markers will be retrieveable.

Second is if I switch to the latest version will I need to get a new api from bing? I will not be able to use the one from google? I think as I have been reading this is the case.

If I get the new map from bing and my members list thier location on the new map will those pins transfer to the new map version when you are done?

Will I need to get a new Google APIv3?

Sorry I am so clueless. Thanks as always for being so forgiving and helpful with me.

Jeff

Hi Jeff, forget about Google, this app doesn't use their services any more. Custom markers will work again when that functionality returns, existing data will not be lost in an upgrade. Yes you'll need o get a Bing API key.

How do I do this/fix this?

Upload the files from the Zip again, make sure you upload the 'public' folder