Member Map

Hello

Just installed the application and it looks great, congrats for this nice piece of work.

Having a small question hope anyone can answer me please, there is any way for the administrator and only administrator to add locations for members instead of letting them to put their addresses? At Admin Forum Set permissions i already have changed permission and put YES to View Map,Add Location ,Update Location and Delete Location.

Anticipate thanks.

Hi Mark,

Only members can add actual member markers, you can however add 'custom markers' via the ACP.

How to update version 1.07 to 1.09 and the new version will run on IPB 3.3.4?

Thank you

Hiya,

It's the exact same method as installing an application or updating an application.

Upload the files from the zip to the correct location, then log into your ACP, you should get sent straight into the Upgrade process.

Stuart

Unfortunately geoip is only able to be used by a small amount of users (since it requires access to install PECL extensions).

PECL not install on all machines? I believe many VPS and dedicated server admins can use it. No? Or PECL causes issue?

Hi, this is excellent map! thanks for that.

I have two questions (sorry for my english but i am not an english speaking person and I hope that you wil understand what I mean ;) )

1. is it possible to ad marker manually, not by the choosing name of city? we have some users from small villages and it is not on this map so it would be great to add them just in put the marker where it should be?

2. is it possible to add some personal information, just like "I invite you to coffee"? our members would like to meet during their holidays journal and it would be nice to know when they may stop for tea :)

PECL not install on all machines? I believe many VPS and dedicated server admins can use it. No? Or PECL causes issue?

The problem I forsee is that the board admin might not always own the server/vps (I honestly think that it is the minority).

Hi, this is excellent map! thanks for that.

I have two questions (sorry for my english but i am not an english speaking person and I hope that you wil understand what I mean ;) )

1. is it possible to ad marker manually, not by the choosing name of city? we have some users from small villages and it is not on this map so it would be great to add them just in put the marker where it should be?

2. is it possible to add some personal information, just like "I invite you to coffee"? our members would like to meet during their holidays journal and it would be nice to know when they may stop for tea :smile:

1. Your members can put their co-ordinates in, if their location isn't mapped. No click to place marker available yet.
  2. You could add 'custom markers' via the ACP for this purpose. (But your members cannot add these (yet) )

I keep getting this error when trying to add a location:

69460841c7353625cccdbcaf4bc08ea4.png?136

if refreshing the page it loads properly and is displaying this:

04be1f03bd50219d9ea81e78f03961eb.png?136

And the location is added fine..

Any ideas?

You'll need to have a look in your error log for any PHP errors that occur at the same time as attempting to add the location.

expensive!? I'm using it for free !

It's free up to a certain number of uses per day. But even then, from what I understand, they only start to charge if you're consistently going over that usage over a period of time.

In fact, here it is directly from their pricing page.

How do I avoid a large bill if my usage unexpectedly increases?

The Maps API usage limits do not take effect until a site has exceeded the limits for 90 consecutive days. If your site has met this requirement and you are purchasing excess map loads online, the Google APIs Console allows a cap on usage to be set on a project to protect against unexpected increases in use after billing has begun. See the Google APIs Console Help for more details.

Using Google Maps Api is expensive since 2012. Please use Bing oder Openstreetmaps instead.

And by the way: Note: The Google Maps JavaScript API Version 2 has been officially deprecated as of May 19, 2010. The V2 API will continue to work until May 19, 2013. We encourage you tomigrate your code to version 3 of the Maps JavaScript API.

The version that I'm currently working on uses Bing Maps.

Hi, please can you give us a choice of Google or Bings Maps API's rather than force us to switch? IP.Gallery uses Bing Maps and they make you jump through hoops to use their API compared to Google which for the majority of users is free to use. Besides, surely if you hammer their free service you would be expected to pay something?