Member Map

Suggestion Feature: Use a custom field to compile your location. the custom field is added to the other into acp setting. then must allow the possibility of having a predefined range such as: Country, Region, City, other... + counter of number of users are located at that location!

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

Also making the availability to add more than one location stating whether home location, work locations, and other type of locations!

this is useful if you want to create a chat channels as having a "filters" on the basis of locations (city, region ...), but also by type of place

• 2 weeks later...

Stoo,

Any chance of making a plugin to be used for the Report Center? It'd be helpful when using the custom markers so someone could report them being outdated, incorrect, etc.

I'll have a look at what's involved.

Suggestion Feature: Use a custom field to compile your location. the custom field is added to the other into acp setting. then must allow the possibility of having a predefined range such as: Country, Region, City, other... + counter of number of users are located at that location!

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

Also making the availability to add more than one location stating whether home location, work locations, and other type of locations!

this is useful if you want to create a chat channels as having a "filters" on the basis of locations (city, region ...), but also by type of place

I definitely want to include the possibility for multiple locations. Doing 'filters' like that wouldn't be for the app, you would need to do that in your chat app etc.

I just installed onto my IPB 3.4 board and got an API key and think I have looked over all the settings, but when I click on Member Map at the top of my forum, I get an error that says I don't have permission to view the member map. How can I fix that? I have not chosen to hide the map from any user groups, so everyone should have permission to see it right?

Two questions

1- i want to edit the page to add some text where should i go

2- i have been ask if one user can place two or more location

Sorry if i post twice , I try to search my previous post in this conversation, but with 60 pages not sure how i can find my own post in this conversation.

I don't think that it is a question of not choosing to hide the map from groups, but rather that you have to positively opt them into seeing the map and adding a location:

other apps > member map > member map > manage permissions

Thank you!! I was searching all over for that.

Now, I can view the map but it says Google has disabled API for this application....I thought I had this figured out, but guess I better go read what Google API said again.

1: not sure what or where you want to add the text, but you can add custom markers for on the map inside the setting in the ACP.

2: Currently can only have 1 location.

The text i want to add would be at the top of the map some sort of introduction text or make the map smaller to add side bar etc...

This made me think would be nice if we could add our own avatar instead of the pin.

Can you be more specific? I went to system settings, then member map tab, then edit general configuration, but I don't see any setting for disable clustering.

Nevermind, I found it....You have to click on General Configuration settings and not Edit General Configuration.....it drives me nuts that there are so many places and ways to access different settings. But the map is working and my users love it, thank you for this application! It's fun!

Another question, it looks like Google will stop supporting v2 API in May 2013, what will happen to the map then?

This was posted a couple pages back, A new version of MemberMap will be made available prior to May.

Hi, sometimes on my board I get "Error HTTP 500 (Internal Server Error)" when trying to enter to Member Map... Error appears on Chrome, not on IE... What's the problem? :sad:

See here: http://www.nokioteca.net/home/forum/index.php/membermap/

Hi,

This error is server side, it shouldn't matter which browser you are using. You should look in your PHP error log to see if there are any errors recorded at the same time.

Hi, I installed member map 1.0.7 months ago and works great. But today We have this error when I try to add a user location.

¿What problem is it? is it Google´s problem?

thanks.

attachicon.giferror.png

Google Maps Api only allows so many requests per second, you will see this message if many of your users have added markers in a short amount of time.

my member map was showing fine, but now it's just a blank screen with no member but a listing of number of users who have added their location.....do you see the same thing I do?

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/membermap/

This users display name is causing an issue: http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/user/8810-sidwynder505/

Remove the " from his display name and it will work again, I'll also note this to double check on the next version.