Member Map

I thought IPB did away with display names a long time ago, but I just went to check his account and it doesn't show "SMITTY"! as his login name.....how would I go about finding and editing his display name? I can't find a way to do that....

No, Display names are still an integral part of IP.Board, you can change them in the ACP.

No, Display names are still an integral part of IP.Board, you can change them in the ACP.

I searched all over while editing that user and can't find a way to edit a display name....do you happen to know how to do it? I looked in my settings and it shows that I don't allow display names....maybe that is why it doesn't show for me to edit? I turned it off many years ago I believe because people get confused when they have both. saved me a lot of work once I shut that off...

stoo2000, on 11 Jan 2013 - 18:11, said:

Hi,

This error is server side, it shouldn't matter which browser you are using. You should look in your PHP error log to see if there are any errors recorded at the same time.

Sorry but my Server Admin told me it is all right but issue persists. But I noticed that issue occurs when logging in as Admin or as moderator... When logging in as users or guest it works....

Whats the problem? See here: http://www.nokioteca.net/home/forum/index.php/membermap/

I searched all over while editing that user and can't find a way to edit a display name....do you happen to know how to do it? I looked in my settings and it shows that I don't allow display names....maybe that is why it doesn't show for me to edit? I turned it off many years ago I believe because people get confused when they have both. saved me a lot of work once I shut that off...

I figured out that I had to re-enable display names to be able to edit display names....so I did that and then edited the acct and then turned off display names again. And now the map works fine....THANK YOU!

Can you tell me how you figured out it was that member causing a problem? I am wanting to know so that if I have a similar problem in the future, then I can find the problem member and edit their display name.

I figured out that I had to re-enable display names to be able to edit display names....so I did that and then edited the acct and then turned off display names again. And now the map works fine....THANK YOU!

Can you tell me how you figured out it was that member causing a problem? I am wanting to know so that if I have a similar problem in the future, then I can find the problem member and edit their display name.

I looked in Firebug, there was a JavaScript error.

Sorry but my Server Admin told me it is all right but issue persists. But I noticed that issue occurs when logging in as Admin or as moderator... When logging in as users or guest it works....

Whats the problem? See here: http://www.nokioteca.net/home/forum/index.php/membermap/

Without knowing what is in your error log, it is impossible to say.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you added a small version of the map into a side block ? If so would you mind detailing how to do so ?

Thanks

Have you added a small version of the map into a side block ? If so would you mind detailing how to do so ?

Thanks

The sidebar isn't big enough to show a selection of markers on that map, user profiles do have a smaller map showing their location though.

Indeed a side bar mini map would be awesome!

This would greatly increase the page load time for the index, there's quite a bit of processing required to show the markers (depending on how many you have)

Is there anyway I can display a users signature in the pop-up box on the map ??

You may be able to do that via a template edit, however I presume that it would be messed up in the small box.

Awesome, thanks!

Any format you can think of for a location would work, street address, zip code, state, city, county, co-ordinates etc (And this is the same for any location in the world)

Anyone ?

Sorry it's taken a while to get back to you on this, had to dig in and test some code.

Replace the mapInfoBox template in your skin with this:

<php>
$avatar = IPSMember::buildProfilePhoto($memberData, 'small');
IPSText::getTextClass('bbcode')->parse_html				= $memberData['g_dohtml'];
IPSText::getTextClass('bbcode')->parse_nl2br			= 1;
IPSText::getTextClass('bbcode')->parse_smilies			= 0;
IPSText::getTextClass('bbcode')->parse_bbcode			= 1;
IPSText::getTextClass('bbcode')->parsing_section		= 'signatures';
IPSText::getTextClass('bbcode')->parsing_mgroup			= $memberData['member_group_id'];
IPSText::getTextClass('bbcode')->parsing_mgroup_others	= $memberData['mgroup_others'];

$memberData['signature']	= IPSText::getTextClass('bbcode')->preDisplayParse( $memberData['signature'] );
$memberData['signature'] = $this->registry->getClass('output')->getTemplate('global')->signature_separator( $memberData['signature'] );
$sig = str_replace(array('"', "n", "r"), array("'", '', ''), $memberData['signature']);
$memberData['prefix'] = str_replace('"', "'", $memberData['prefix']);
</php><div class='left def'>{$avatar}</div><div class='left text'><h3><a href='{parse url="showuser={$memberData['member_id']}" template="showuser" seotitle="{$memberData['members_seo_name']}" base="public"}' title='{$this->lang->words['view_profile']}'>{$memberData['members_display_name']}</a><span class='ieHide'>{parse template="user_popup" group="global" params="$memberData['member_id'], $memberData['members_seo_name']"}</span></h3><p>{$memberData['prefix']}{$memberData['g_title']}{$memberData['suffix']}</p><if test="($this->memberData['member_id'] && $member['member_id'] == $this->memberData['member_id']) || $this->memberData['g_is_supmod'] == 1"><p class='remMarker'><a href='{parse url="module=membermap&amp;action=removeMarker&amp;do={$memberData['member_id']}" base="publicWithApp" template="removeMarker" seotitle="false"}' title='{$this->lang->words['modRemoveMarker']}'>{parse replacement="rep_down"} {$this->lang->words['modRemoveMarker']}</a></p></if></div><br clear='all'/>{$sig}

How to create your own icon with his own pin-image?

You can change the icon url for Home and friend icons in public/js/ips.membermap.js on line 67 & 71, you may need to adjust the size and anchor to match your new icon

Can You update this modifications?

Working on it :thumbsup: (Question has been asked multiple times in previous pages )

Today I installed Member Map ( in ACP I set up API key etc) and now I see:

Google has disabled use of the Maps API for this application. The provided key is not a valid Google API Key, or it is not authorized for the Google Maps Javascript API v2 on this site. If you are the owner of this application, you can learn about obtaining a valid key here: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/javascript/v2/introduction.html#Obtaining_Key

Can You help me?