Member Map

It looks like this is affecting users with newer API Keys only, which is interesting since it shouldn't stop working yet.

Version 2 ("v2") of the Geocoding API was officially deprecated on 8 March 2010 and was only guaranteed to work until 8 March 2013. The official deprecation date has been extended until 8 September 2013, after which time the API will cease to work.

Erm, really sorry but I've had to disable the app because when I logged in to my board it caused loading to a crawl to the extent that my browser was saying the URL didn't exist for all members, not just me.

There is obviously a conflict of some sort or more likely it's something I've done wrong.

Erm, really sorry but I've had to disable the app because when I logged in to my board it caused loading to a crawl to the extent that my browser was saying the URL didn't exist for all members, not just me.

There is obviously a conflict of some sort or more likely it's something I've done wrong.

I'll try that again as re-reading it makes me sound pi**ed :smile:

I had set the permissions so the app was available to myself only while it was tested. When I was logged on the board became painfully slow to all users including myself to the point where the browser was unable to find the forum saying 'The URL didn't exist'. Once I logged off the board became usable again.

I have now disabled the app and the board is back to its speedy self.

Any ideas?

[Edit: Forgot to add, I'm running 3.4.3]

member map was working fine for the first week or so, then it seems to have stopped working properly. no one can update their location; they receive an error, and members who try to add themselves for the first time are met with an error.

for both, the error is the same:

"Google Maps error: There was an unspecified error locating the address, please try again"

any help?

member map was working fine for the first week or so, then it seems to have stopped working properly. no one can update their location; they receive an error, and members who try to add themselves for the first time are met with an error.

for both, the error is the same:

"Google Maps error: There was an unspecified error locating the address, please try again"

any help?

A new version was quickly released a couple of days ago.

1) I have done everything as said here: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/tutorial#api_key
to obtain the API key. I have got the key like

Key for browser apps (with referers)
API key:	
AIzaSyAxTwYXRcblablablaKDjZIafZ1VI
Referers:	
Any referer allowed
Activated on:	Mar 15, 2013 5:36 AM
Activated by:	 blablabla@gmail.com – you

and finally I have pasted it here: System Settings > Member Map > General Configuration -> Google Maps API Key

BUT when I am starting to use the application, Google returns the error:

m7ds6.jpg' alt='' class='ipsImage' width" alt="m7ds6.jpg">

And finally, the above link is not valid.

2) I did not find the languge string where to translate the title Member Map. Author said it is language abstracted. But it seam to be not. Please, provide the instruction of which language string to add to the languages (I have 2 langs) to see it translated.

EinhL.jpg

1) I have done everything as said here: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/tutorial#api_key
to obtain the API key. I have got the key like

Key for browser apps (with referers)
API key:	
AIzaSyAxTwYXRcblablablaKDjZIafZ1VI
Referers:	
Any referer allowed
Activated on:	Mar 15, 2013 5:36 AM
Activated by:	 blablabla@gmail.com – you

and finally I have pasted it here: System Settings > Member Map > General Configuration -> Google Maps API Key

BUT when I am starting to use the application, Google returns the error:

m7ds6.jpg' alt='' class='ipsImage' width" alt="m7ds6.jpg">

And finally, the above link is not valid.

2) I did not find the languge string where to translate the title Member Map. Author said it is language abstracted. But it seam to be not. Please, provide the instruction of which language string to add to the languages (I have 2 langs) to see it translated.

EinhL.jpg

Hi Ivan,

You need to make sure that key is from the Google Maps API v2, not v3.

You can change the app title by editing the application on the manage applications page, 'Public Title' is the field you want to change.

Hi Ivan,

You need to make sure that key is from the Google Maps API v2, not v3.

You can change the app title by editing the application on the manage applications page, 'Public Title' is the field you want to change.

Note: The Google Maps JavaScript API Version 2 has been officially deprecated as of May 19, 2010. The V2 API will continue to work until May 19, 2013. We encourage you to migrate your code to version 3 of the Maps JavaScript API.

So, you have no idea that Google Maps API v2 will continue to work until May 19, 2013 and the main title is not language abstracted: I can not have both in English and Russian if I have 2 languages. And I suppose that you should change the description to: non-language abstracted instead of "100% Language Abstracted - Translate in your ACP".

The last question: how to remove your not language abstracted hook? You stole my time with this useless hook.

And you're wasting my time.

p.s. you should also learn to read, many of your questions were answered recently in this very topic.

Try to be honest, genious. You did not write in the product descrition, that your hook will stop working on the May 19, 2013. For 3 years your are providing product with google api v2 support which will stop be supported by Google after 2 months. And you knew about that for 3 years since Google announced this just the same time your useless hook was issued.

And your product is not 100% language abstracted as you written on the title page. You are simply stealing the time.

And the last thing: I do not have to read 64 pages of comments and waste the time. Try to be usefull and update the product description on time instead of pushing everyone to read 64 pages of comments.

Hello

Just installed the application and it looks great, congrats for this nice piece of work.

Having a small question hope anyone can answer me please, there is any way for the administrator and only administrator to add locations for members instead of letting them to put their addresses? At Admin Forum Set permissions i already have changed permission and put YES to View Map,Add Location ,Update Location and Delete Location.

Anticipate thanks.