Member Map

Hi,

I am running IP.Board Member Map v1.0.9 on IP.Board 3.3.4

When I click the show friends button the system hangs

I have this error reported in the mysql slow query log

# Time: 130501 7:57:59
# User@Host: xxxxxxuser[xxxxxuser] @ localhost []
# Query_time: 207.757223 Lock_time: 0.000145 Rows_sent: 22 Rows_examined: 125913583
SET timestamp=1367409479;
SELECT mm.*,m.member_id, m.members_display_name, m.members_seo_name,pf.friends_id FROM ibf_member_map mm LEFT JOIN ibf_members m ON ( m.member_id=mm.member_id )
LEFT JOIN ibf_profile_friends pf ON ( pf.friends_friend_id=m.member_id ) WHERE (pf.friends_member_id=1 AND pf.friends_approved = 1) OR m.member_id = 1 GROUP BY m.member_id;

Hi stoo2000

Any idea what is causing my error a couple of posts previous?

invision support said I needed to contact the app developer as it was not an IPB error.

Many thanks

Sorry, missed that!

It's the 'show friends' functionality, you can disable it by finding:

in (admin/applications_addon/other/membermap/modules_public/membermap/map.php)

if( $friends )
      {
       $this->registry->output->setTitle( IPSLib::getAppTitle('membermap') .' - '. $this->lang->words['yourFriends']);
       $this->registry->output->addNavigation( $this->lang->words['yourFriends']);
       $query['add_join'][] = array('select' => 'pf.friends_id',
              'from'   => array( 'profile_friends' => 'pf' ),
              'where'  => "pf.friends_friend_id=m.member_id",
              'type'   => 'left');
       $query['where'] = " (pf.friends_member_id={$this->memberData['member_id']} AND pf.friends_approved = 1) OR m.member_id = {$this->memberData['member_id']}";
       $query['group'] = 'm.member_id';
      }

and deleting it.

Sorry, missed that!

It's the 'show friends' functionality, you can disable it by finding:

in (admin/applications_addon/other/membermap/modules_public/membermap/map.php)

if( $friends )
      {
       $this->registry->output->setTitle( IPSLib::getAppTitle('membermap') .' - '. $this->lang->words['yourFriends']);
       $this->registry->output->addNavigation( $this->lang->words['yourFriends']);
       $query['add_join'][] = array('select' => 'pf.friends_id',
              'from'   => array( 'profile_friends' => 'pf' ),
              'where'  => "pf.friends_friend_id=m.member_id",
              'type'   => 'left');
       $query['where'] = " (pf.friends_member_id={$this->memberData['member_id']} AND pf.friends_approved = 1) OR m.member_id = {$this->memberData['member_id']}";
       $query['group'] = 'm.member_id';
      }

and deleting it.

Hi,

OK many thanks will do that but just quickly as the show friends option would be handy for my community, is there any fix for the issue we could try first?

Many thanks for your help.

Hi,

I have deleted that code while waiting to hear if we can get a fix for the friends bit.

The show friends button is still visible so where would we need to disable / delete that one.

Thanks,

In skin_membermap -> mapTemplate Find and remove:

<if test="$friendCount > 0">
            <if test="$this->request['do'] != 'friends'">
                <li><a id='memberMapFriends' href='{parse url="module=membermap&amp;do=friends" base="publicWithApp" template="friends" seotitle="false"}' title='{$this->lang->words['buttonFriends']}'>{$this->lang->words['buttonFriends']}</a></li>
            <else />
                <li><a id='memberMapShowAll' href='{parse url="app=membermap" base="public" template="membermap" seotitle="false"}' title='{$this->lang->words['buttonShowAll']}'>{$this->lang->words['buttonShowAll']}</a></li>
            </if>
          </if>

This feature is not a part of the next version due to the resource issues, and the way that handling markers has changed.

Not sure if I am missing something but I have been lookin over all the settings and setup to figure this out but can't seem to.

I am getting this error (attached).

I have tried both v2 and v3 of the maps, both give this error (after putting in the API). Configured the api on google to restrict to my site using wild cards (like *.mysite.com and mysite.com/forums - where the map is being loaded from) and still says not accessible. Even using the v3 API of the Maps, it still say "not authorized for use on this Google Maps Javascript v2 API on this site". Is this add-on coded using v2 and now v2 is not in use anymore? I am confused...am I missing something?

Looks like a fantastic mod

EDIT: Looks like it 'was' my referrers..idk y, maybe it got confused. Anyway I think the v2 api is still working, no error after a few minutes now. Thanks! This IS a fantastic MOD :smile:

post-429313-0-48461400-1368288606.png

Edited by fadedturbulence

I have a custom world map image I would like to use to have my members add their location to. Is this application able to accommodate a custom world map image, I don't mind coding it into it, any suggestions from the author on how to accomplish this would be appreciated.

I have a custom world map image I would like to use to have my members add their location to. Is this application able to accommodate a custom world map image, I don't mind coding it into it, any suggestions from the author on how to accomplish this would be appreciated.

Personally don't have any experience of doing this, but a quick search comes up with this: http://www.hackedexistence.com/project-mapsv2.html

Any time frame on when this will be updated to use Bing maps?

No exact date yet, but it's coming along quite nicely ( http://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/membermap/ :thumbsup: )

• 2 weeks later...

When people try to add their location or update their location, they get a Google map error saying there was an unspecified problem locating the address, but it's just normal city, state being entered, not hard addresses to find. What is causing the error and how do I fix it without losing currently added members?

I have IPB forum 3.4.1 and member map 1.0.7

I see you have an upgrade to 1.0.9 but I also read that some people seemed to have lost all users after upgrade, so I wanted to ask here first if I should upgrade or if that will cause a loss of current user database.

When people try to add their location or update their location, they get a Google map error saying there was an unspecified problem locating the address, but it's just normal city, state being entered, not hard addresses to find. What is causing the error and how do I fix it without losing currently added members?

I have IPB forum 3.4.1 and member map 1.0.7

I see you have an upgrade to 1.0.9 but I also read that some people seemed to have lost all users after upgrade, so I wanted to ask here first if I should upgrade or if that will cause a loss of current user database.

1.0.9 fixes this exact issue. Upgrading does not cause a loss of data.

1.0.9 fixes this exact issue. Upgrading does not cause a loss of data.

Thank you. Can you tell me the proper way to upgrade? do I remove the old version and install the new one? I didn't see a way to just choose upgrade for member map. I just want to make sure I don't overwrite the user data file. So I was worried if I just uploaded all the 1.0.9 files I would mess something up.