Member Map

Getting wrong location on the map when adding either the personal location or custom marker:

Gundicha Mandir, Puri, Odisha 752001, India

and all other locations in Puri, India also goes wrong place - somewhere in the ocean.

Test.

I am using UTF-8 everywhere possible
Linux
PHP Version 5.3.14

MySQL Server 5.0.77

For example, I am adding my location, and I tried 3 times to get the proper placement:

oU7ZP.jpg

But then I am trying to make custom marker from the ACP, I am getting the wrong coordinates for the same place:

aWR0o.jpg

And, finally, sometimes both actions (personal location and custom marker) are wrong for any small location (not big city) in India.

Do you have the problem I said with English for the place?

I had the same problem with another mapsolution that was fixed by a developer - it for me was caused by the locale setting - made the position to the closest degree in latitude and longitude.

Anyway, I notice that the exact hit in google maps has theese strange letters in the middle of the name Gundicha Mandir, ବଡଦାଣ୍ଡ, Puri, Odisha 752001, India

I'm not a very technical person so I can't help you anymore - but I guess you have tried to change language to english on your side also

I'll have to reply in one post, since I cannot quote in IE11.

The string you enter to find an address is sent straight to Google for them to look up results, if you'd like to try that manually to see what they are sending for your query, you can visit this URL:

http://maps.google.com/maps/geo?q=<URL-ENCODED-ADDRESS>&output=xml&key<YOUR-API-KEY>

Member map doesn't do anything to that string before it's sent, so we can't really have any effect on the results that come back from the Google Maps service. It may be that Google geocoding service has poor coverage of the area you are trying to add.

Guests cannot add their own location markers, since they are stored with the associated member id (which guests do not have).

I think your request to 'suspend' is crazy, I'm sorry that I've been out of the country (moving house) without any internet access. You expect far too much from a free app. Fortunately the community help by responding to support topics for these free apps. A lot of app developers depend on this help so they don't have to spend all of their time answering questions that are asked over and over and over.

Guests cannot add their own location markers, since they are stored with the associated member id (which guests do not have).

You have permission settings for guests which are quite misleading. It is said in this setting that gueats are allowed to add, delete and change their location.

a40f3507cd4950f56e0d42386dfad5cc.jpg' al" alt="a40f3507cd4950f56e0d42386dfad5cc.jpg">

I think your request to 'suspend' is crazy, I'm sorry that I've been out of the country (moving house) without any internet access. You expect far too much from a free app. Fortunately the community help by responding to support topics for these free apps. A lot of app developers depend on this help so they don't have to spend all of their time answering questions that are asked over and over and over.

I would like this addon to become paid to get better support and to avoid accusations. ;)

I am considering of purchasing your paid addon: Trader Feedback. Is it about buyers and sellers only, or it can be applied to the general members of the IP.Board? I saw only the following roles in the dropdown: buyer, seller, trader. Can it be changed so to use for general users reputation system with feedback?

The whole way this app came about is the biggest reason that it won't go paid. It was the result of a challenge between skin authors and mod authors, each group contributed the same amount of modifications/skins to the community free of charge.

I don't see why you can't change the language strings on Trader Feedback System to make it more generic.

The string you enter to find an address is sent straight to Google for them to look up results, if you'd like to try that manually to see what they are sending for your query, you can visit this URL:

I have two languages in the system. When I am adding the first custom marker on the video, the system is in the Russian language mode and the marker is set to the wrong place. When I am switching to the English mode and refresh the page with markers, the duplicate marker is created and it is in the right place.

You can download the test video here: https://mega.co.nz/#!HI4F1ZIa!QI2NyEIRubA0jfBnwQHN_l0fs9hamKrGX_iyg-nB-8o

I would like that you improve this bug.

You set demo link to http://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/membermap/
This is Bing map, not the Google's one. How can I use Bing map with your addon? Is it the good idea to remove the demo link to the Bing map?

Is it possible to change the default map mode of the google map to hybrid mode?
TALhG.jpg

v2 is based on Bing Maps, the version on the demo site is for testing with live data.

You can set the map to default to Hybrid mode by adding

map.setMapType(G_HYBRID_MAP);

to template mapGoogleJavascript, after

var map = new GMap2(document.getElementById("memberMapCanvas"));

I have two languages in the system. When I am adding the first custom marker on the video, the system is in the Russian language mode and the marker is set to the wrong place. When I am switching to the English mode and refresh the page with markers, the duplicate marker is created and it is in the right place.

You can download the test video here: https://mega.co.nz/#!HI4F1ZIa!QI2NyEIRubA0jfBnwQHN_l0fs9hamKrGX_iyg-nB-8o

I would like that you improve this bug.

It sounds like this particular bug: http://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/tracker/issue-7-locations-added-in-wrong-place-for-some-locales/ as you can see though, this was fixed 3 years ago with this code..

/**

* Locale friendly floatval() ready for MySQL

* @param   string  float value

* @return  integer floated integer

*/

public function floatVal($floatString)

{

$floatString = floatval($floatString);

if($floatString)

{

$localeInfo    = localeconv();

$floatString    = str_replace($localeInfo["thousands_sep"], "", $floatString);

$floatString    = str_replace($localeInfo["decimal_point"], ".", $floatString);

}

return $floatString;

}

The problem was that certain locales use different values for the thousands seperator and decimal point, it would be interesting to see a screenshot of your languages page to see your locale settings.

The problem was that certain locales use different values for the thousands seperator and decimal point, it would be interesting to see a screenshot of your languages page to see your locale settings.

I downloaded your addon may be 10 days ago. This is crytical for me since most of the users are using the Russian language.
eQvwa.jpg

v2 is based on Bing Maps, the version on the demo site is for testing with live data.

Why? Have you looked at the open source alternatives?

In an app I'm developing for a client I threw Google Maps out and rewrote it to LeafletJS. Took me less than an hour to convert it all.

You may ask why you should do that?

1. Open Source.

2. You're not relying on MS.

3. Your code will be lighter.

4. Houndreds or thousands of map providers. The most common ones can be easily added using this plugin.

5. Looks better, IMO.

6. The markercluster implementation is superawesome!

Tried OpenLayers first, but it was way too heavy for my use, and certainly will for this.