Member Map

Hi Stoo,

Just a quick one I hope - we're using your member map purely for adding custom markers to show points of interest on a map. The issue we have is that without any user placed markers the map defaults to the highest zoom, so you constantly have to scroll to zoom in.

Any way to change that behaviour so the customer markers influence the zoom level on load?

Great mod.

Thanks

hello, I just update my forum to latest IPB version and update your mods too

I notice, there is a hook :

Member Map Profile Map  v1.0.7 
Adds a map to users profiles

it is on disable state

is this hook still have connection with latest member map mods (1.0.9), or I can safely remove it ?

hello, I just update my forum to latest IPB version and update your mods too

I notice, there is a hook :

Member Map Profile Map  v1.0.7 
Adds a map to users profiles

it is on disable state

is this hook still have connection with latest member map mods (1.0.9), or I can safely remove it ?

The hook is still current, it adds a map to users profiles.

Hi Stoo,

Just a quick one I hope - we're using your member map purely for adding custom markers to show points of interest on a map. The issue we have is that without any user placed markers the map defaults to the highest zoom, so you constantly have to scroll to zoom in.

Any way to change that behaviour so the customer markers influence the zoom level on load?

Great mod.

Thanks

It should extend based on the custom markers, send me a link to you map and I'll have a look.

I'm looking VERY forward to the update using Bing :smile: Hope it's not too far in the future

Hopefully not too long, I'm real busy at the moment though.

It should extend based on the custom markers, send me a link to you map and I'll have a look.

Thanks Stoo - will send a link later as it's currently only visible to me.

To elaborate, I think I am taking the app out of it's intended purpose. When we have at least one member marker it zooms to the appropriate level just fine, taking into account the custom markers. If there are no member markers at all, and only custom markers, it doesn't zoom. In effect, I'm not using the map for member markers at all but purely for custom markers.

So do I uninstall the current hook and import the new hook or import the hook without disabling/uninstalling the current one?

If you uninstall the application, then yes you will lose data.

Upload the files, and you'll get prompted to run the upgrader next time you log into the ACP.

I do not know how to use the api key on my site. I get a different one from google and a different one from my site. All I get is The API Key for your map service is empty. Please correct this in your ACP. Can any one help me with this I have been at this for 2 hours.

You have to get an API key (without referrers) from here: https://code.google.com/apis/console for the 'Google Maps API v2' service, then put that in your ACP under MemberMap settings.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have filed a ticket with my provider and they say that the setting in php.ini is 300 megabytes and that the settings in httpd.conf also are adjusted accordingly.

Is there anything else I must do after they have adjusted those settings? Everything else on my site are working smoothly - is there somewhere else I can change a memorysetting?

I just can't figure out this fatal error. I guess there is a simple solution somewhere - but right now I'm stuck.

I have tried to file a ticket but because this is a third party app they can't look into it - I understand that.

Also tried to recache everything, have tried to disable a lot of hooks (not all though), have tried to rebuild master skin data,

My provider says that there something wrong with template in " cache/skin_cache/cacheid_6/skin_membermap.php " Have also tried to disable application - enable - upload everything again..

How do I rebuild the cache on this app?