Member Map

No support??

Are you using a shared server ? You'll not have full access to all the error logs if you are. It could be anything from a missing php module to a server configuration concern. Ask your host for the apache error logs as typically you'll only get the php related ones in a control panel.

A blank white is typically a php error though of some description.

If its not that, add this to initdata.php after the opening tag on a new line:

ini_set('display_errors',1);

See if anything is displayed now to assist.

If not see here for more things to try > http://invisionfocus.com/tutorials/article/149-blankwhite-pages/

No support??

Perhaps you'd like a refund?

A blank white is typically a php error though of some description.

I'm gonna guess a 500 Internal server error (ISE).

If its not that, add this to initdata.php after the opening tag on a new line:

ini_set('display_errors',1);

Better to do that either in conf_global.php or constants.php. Never make changes to initdata.php unless you have to. Rule of thumb I try to follow anyways.

I think I have put the right API Key in the settings and everything looks to be well set up. The problem is when I click the membermap, it show this message:

"You do not have permission to view the member map"

In the permission settings of the module it is only have way to avoiding people to see the tab, so I guess I shouldn't be getting this error. Anybody?

Edit: I'm using IPB 3.4.4, if that matters.

Edited by Carlos de Alc

I think I have put the right API Key in the settings and everything looks to be well set up. The problem is when I click the membermap, it show this message:

"You do not have permission to view the member map"

In the permission settings of the module it is only have way to avoiding people to see the tab, so I guess I shouldn't be getting this error. Anybody?

Edit: I'm using IPB 3.4.4, if that matters.

Other Apps > IP.Board Member Map > Member Map > Manage Permissions

After upgrading to 1.0.9 I've lost all my map icons, is there any possible fix to it please? Many thanks.

http://www.cechoslovaci.com/membermap/

The slider is causing a JavaScript conflict, you'll also notice that your user dropdown etc doesn't work either.

Other Apps > IP.Board Member Map > Member Map > Manage Permissions

hahaha, so simple! I was looking for only in the "modules" section. Kinda noob. Thanks a lot, Stoo. My members are starting to use it. So nice!

I have some other questions:

- My brother added a location which is the same as mine. Is it normal not to count as two when you zoom it out? Because I was using the zoom out to see how many people have marked themselves. Is there another way to do it?

I just saw it below the map "12 Users, 0 Custom Markers Shown". It would be nice if that numbers in the map counted all, but not a big deal.

- If I upgrade or change to another host (I'm planning this), will I be able to make a backup and restore all the markers? (Guessing: maybe this data is stored by Google and I only will have to have the API Key of the map and it will be restored. If it is simple as this, awesome!)

Thank you!

Edited by Carlos de Alc

- If I upgrade or change to another host (I'm planning this), will I be able to make a backup and restore all the markers? (Guessing: maybe this data is stored by Google and I only will have to have the API Key of the map and it will be restored. If it is simple as this, awesome!)

I moved to another host (also another domain) and I've just had to make a new API ... but maybe in your case, if you don't change your domain, it won't be necessary.

hahaha, so simple! I was looking for only in the "modules" section. Kinda noob. Thanks a lot, Stoo. My members are starting to use it. So nice!

I have some other questions:

- My brother added a location which is the same as mine. Is it normal not to count as two when you zoom it out? Because I was using the zoom out to see how many people have marked themselves. Is there another way to do it?

I just saw it below the map "12 Users, 0 Custom Markers Shown". It would be nice if that numbers in the map counted all, but not a big deal.

Thank you!

The way markers are displayed, if you have more than one in the exact same place, you will only be able to see the top most one added to the map, this is why they get merged into one marker (which the clustering plugin recognises as one). In the next version, I'm leaning towards randomizing the exact location ever so slightly if a marker already exists in the same place.

Hi.

Okay, can't figure out the Google API problem either.

Google says that the V2 is deprecated. I've tried three different ways of creating the API and I get the usual message:

Google has disabled use of the Maps API for this application. The provided key is not a valid Google API Key, or it is not authorized for the Google Maps Javascript API v2 on this site. If you are the owner of this application, you can learn about obtaining a valid key here: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/javascript/v2/introduction.html#Obtaining_Key

What am I doing wrong? Ideas?

Thanks all.

**EDIT**

Hold off... might be working?? Will revert.

One more question. I see that there is the information of "custom markers". How can it be used?

The way markers are displayed, if you have more than one in the exact same place, you will only be able to see the top most one added to the map, this is why they get merged into one marker (which the clustering plugin recognises as one). In the next version, I'm leaning towards randomizing the exact location ever so slightly if a marker already exists in the same place.

Nice! Is there a date that you plan for the next version to be released? Looking foward. :)

Thanks!

Great app! The only problem is that there's no title on the action buttons on the top right of the map. I didn't see any options in the settings for me to create the title. What can I do to get it to show up (see attached pic).

Screen-Shot-2013-04-23-at-7.21.25-PM.png" alt="Screen-Shot-2013-04-23-at-7.21.25-PM.png">

Your screenshot would suggest a custom skin, is it possible that the text on the buttons is the same colour as the background ?