Member Map

I just can't figure out this fatal error. I guess there is a simple solution somewhere - but right now I'm stuck.

I have tried to file a ticket but because this is a third party app they can't look into it - I understand that.

Also tried to recache everything, have tried to disable a lot of hooks (not all though), have tried to rebuild master skin data,

My provider says that there something wrong with template in " cache/skin_cache/cacheid_6/skin_membermap.php " Have also tried to disable application - enable - upload everything again..

How do I rebuild the cache on this app?

If your hosting provider cannot figure out how to change the memory limit on their servers, you should be looking to move somewhere else.

the 50MB limit is way under the PHP default (128MB) and under the requirement for IP.Board (128MB).

If your hosting provider cannot figure out how to change the memory limit on their servers, you should be looking to move somewhere else.

the 50MB limit is way under the PHP default (128MB) and under the requirement for IP.Board (128MB).

They use 300Mb as a memorysetting. Everything else on my site runs fine and I'm very happy with my provider actually. I also run another mapservice on my board that is working just fine with much more settings and maps in it.

Is there an easy way for me to find out the memorysetting? In Cpanel?

They use 300Mb as a memorysetting. Everything else on my site runs fine and I'm very happy with my provider actually. I also run another mapservice on my board that is working just fine with much more settings and maps in it.

Is there an easy way for me to find out the memorysetting? In Cpanel?

Have the values changed in the error message?, or is it still:

Get the following error Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 52953088) (tried to allocate 628 bytes) in /home/xxx/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_6/skin_membermap.php on line 369

Have the values changed in the error message?, or is it still:

Yes - still det same. Only in Chrome I get that message. On another PC I just get a white page

Link here

http://www.fjellforum.no/membermap/

My provider says that all errors they are noting are pointing towards cache/skin_cache/cacheid_6/skin_membermap.php and that they suspect something wrong with a template or a config file.

Edit: and they like me to empty cache.. possible?

Yes - still det same. Only in Chrome I get that message. On another PC I just get a white page

Link here

http://www.fjellforum.no/membermap/

My provider says that all errors they are noting are pointing towards cache/skin_cache/cacheid_6/skin_membermap.php and that they suspect something wrong with a template or a config file.

Edit: and they like me to empty cache.. possible?

Ok, so the error message says that it's has allocated 52953088 bytes of memory, which is 50.5 MB, not 128MB.

This really is a simple issue that takes about 60 seconds to fix.

I'm surprised you're not having problems with upgrading or installing apps at that, upgrading IPB especially lang importing may have issues at 50mb. The default for php5.2 is 128mb so its been reduced by the host.

They should be able to sort this though, its likely the change has not taken effect as there's a few ways of doing it either a local php.ini file or an ini_set in a .htaccess file.

They should be able to sort this though, its likely the change has not taken effect as there's a few ways of doing it either a local php.ini file or an ini_set in a .htaccess file.

It is more than 4 days now since I filed a ticket and they looked into it and stated that it was a problem with httpd.conf that they have fixed. Anyway - I will have to wait a little longer then. I'm quite sure theres an easy fix - just have to find it :)

It is more than 4 days now since I filed a ticket and they looked into it and stated that it was a problem with httpd.conf that they have fixed. Anyway - I will have to wait a little longer then. I'm quite sure theres an easy fix - just have to find it :smile:

It's definitely weird, however it is something that they would need to fix.

Any response for this?

Thanks!

There is some code in the topic somewhere, I'll see if I can find it later.

stoo, I found the culprit on Kjell Iver's forum.

In the skin template 'mapGoogleJavascript' you have this line which makes no sense, as it's not used later on. This almost doubles the result set already in memory, as the existing version already in IPSMember's cache isn't using the same tables.

$memberProfile = IPSMember::load($memberMarkers, 'profile_portal');
Here's an overview of the memory usage. "Compiled MemberMap" is something I threw in, from the beginning to the end of 'doMap'.

MEMORY USAGE
Loaded Language File: cache/lang_cache/2/core_public_global.php		159,07K
Registry initialized							11,7MB
Controller getCommand executed						11,86MB
Everything up until execute call					11,86MB
Loaded Language File: cache/lang_cache/2/membermap_public_map.php	18,08K
BBCodes initialized							13,1K
BBCode classes loaded							662,27K
publicOutput: Loaded skin file - skin_global				1,45MB
publicOutput: Loaded skin file - skin_membermap				226,54K
Compiled MemberMap							26,97MB
publicOutput: Loaded skin file - skin_ccs_global			952,8K
Loaded Language File: cache/lang_cache/2/promenu_admin_promenu.php	97,65K
Loaded Language File: cache/lang_cache/2/core_public_login.php		23,76K
publicOutput: Loaded skin file - skin_platform_global			8,8K
publicOutput: Loaded skin file - skin_featuredcontent			166,11K
Loaded Language File: cache/lang_cache/2/featuredcontent_public_featuredcontent.php	14,47K
publicOutput: Loaded skin file - skin_promenu_plus			135,98K
publicOutput: Loaded skin file - skin_boards				904,48K
publicOutput: Loaded skin file - skin_rss				159,23K
Loaded Language File: cache/lang_cache/2/classifieds_public_lang.php	81,53K
publicOutput: Loaded skin file - skin_classifieds_hooks			93,08K
publicOutput: Loaded skin file - skin_ipchat				265,59K

Total Memory Used: 44,76MB (Peak:45,53MB)

One other thing I spotted is that you're running IPSMember::load() on getMarkers too. I don't see why that info couldn't be fetched in the initial query as additional joins instead.

It doesn't really answer why it's breaking at 50MB usage when his limit is 300MB.

I wrote this code so long ago, I can't even remember why I've got all of those calls, suffice to say if I was doing it again now (which I am) I would do it very different.

2.0.0 coming to a Marketplace near you soon!

Bring it on wiff yo bad self :)

It doesn't really answer why it's breaking at 50MB usage when his limit is 300MB.

I wrote this code so long ago, I can't even remember why I've got all of those calls, suffice to say if I was doing it again now (which I am) I would do it very different.

2.0.0 coming to a Marketplace near you soon!

After digging some more around, I'm quite sure this is caused by the Apache directive "RLimitMEM". This sets the size for the entire apache process, including PHP. Kjell Iver has a line in his htaccess that's supposed to override this to 300M, if he's allowed to override that variable at all. As far as I'm aware, it's not possible to read this variable from PHP, so my bet is that the host has a global limit in Apache set to 50M, without the option to override it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I get a very annoying issue with the Member Map application. No problem during install but when I (or a member) want to add my location, I get this message : http://d.pr/i/gHwg ("There was a Google Maps error: The request was throttled please try again in a moment.")

I googled this error but the only thing I've found is : "API quota reached".

Look my quota : http://d.pr/i/dKM6 for api V2 (activation : http://d.pr/i/XN6f)

And i've chosen : "Any referer allowed".

My API key is valid and SOMETIMES, I (and some member too) was able to add my location without any problem. I already tried to update my api key, 2 times.

Do you have an idea why it doesn't work ?

Thank you.

Hello,

I am having the exact same problem with Member Map than Stephane, and the exact same error as well. My API Key V2 is valid as well. I could afford to fill the database with MYSQL requests so my member map contains already more than 250 users, but the new users are having problem to add their location.

Please do something :/