Brilliant Discord Integration

On 3/27/2019 at 3:59 PM, SoftwareFactory said:

Brilliant Discord Integration supports both - group synchronization and username synchronization. All members are synchronized every hour, and if you change single member's username or group on your site, he will be immediately synchronized with Discord.

Does it work both ways? Because in the change log, it says users on the discord server before they sign up on the website get automatically sync'ed on the website.

On 3/30/2019 at 3:58 PM, Fighting 13th said:

Does it work both ways? Because in the change log, it says users on the discord server before they sign up on the website get automatically sync'ed on the website.

No, that's not what's written in the changelog. Please read it carefully:

Members that joined your Discord server before they linked their Discord account with IPS account will be immediately synchronized [after they link their accounts], without waiting one hour for automatic synchronization anymore.

21 hours ago, ufshane said:

Just sent a PM with issues on magic invites... links are not working for some reason. https://www.urgentfury.com/invite/join/

Issue has been resolved.

Trying to setup notification for support ticket reply causes error whenever creating a support ticket.

EDIT:
Suggestion: Add the ability to mention specified roles / users when a notification is sent.

Edited by Tammy Wagner

A member did not get their roles updated when connecting discord to the forum, I tried to manually sync the member through the ACP, and I got this error

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /var/www/html/forum/applications/brilliantdiscord/sources/RateLimit/RateLimit.php(153): IPS\brilliantdiscord_hook_member->IPS\{closure}(Object(Closure))
#1 /var/www/html/forum/init.php(588) : eval()'d code(167): IPS\brilliantdiscord\_RateLimit::limitHandle('guilds/{guild.i...', '145533722026967...', Object(Closure))
#2 /var/www/html/forum/applications/brilliantdiscord/modules/admin/manage/memberManage.php(58): IPS\brilliantdiscord_hook_member->discordSync()
#3 /var/www/html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\admin\manage\_memberManage->synchronize()
#4 /var/www/html/forum/applications/brilliantdiscord/modules/admin/manage/memberManage.php(41): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /var/www/html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\admin\manage\_memberManage->execute()
#6 /var/www/html/forum/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

10 hours ago, Tammy Wagner said:

Trying to setup notification for support ticket reply causes error whenever creating a support ticket.

EDIT:
Suggestion: Add the ability to mention specified roles / users when a notification is sent.

We will take a look at this. Thank you for your suggestion and bug report. Sorry for inconvenience.

4 hours ago, Kitty Davis said:

A member did not get their roles updated when connecting discord to the forum, I tried to manually sync the member through the ACP, and I got this error

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /var/www/html/forum/applications/brilliantdiscord/sources/RateLimit/RateLimit.php(153): IPS\brilliantdiscord_hook_member->IPS\{closure}(Object(Closure))
#1 /var/www/html/forum/init.php(588) : eval()'d code(167): IPS\brilliantdiscord\_RateLimit::limitHandle('guilds/{guild.i...', '145533722026967...', Object(Closure))
#2 /var/www/html/forum/applications/brilliantdiscord/modules/admin/manage/memberManage.php(58): IPS\brilliantdiscord_hook_member->discordSync()
#3 /var/www/html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\admin\manage\_memberManage->synchronize()
#4 /var/www/html/forum/applications/brilliantdiscord/modules/admin/manage/memberManage.php(41): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /var/www/html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\brilliantdiscord\modules\admin\manage\_memberManage->execute()
#6 /var/www/html/forum/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

Have you moved the bot's role onto the very top of your role list? Here's how to do it:

2019-03-17_14-04-54.gif.35f53c39f71bd953

4 hours ago, SoftwareFactory said:

Have you moved the bot's role onto the very top of your role list? Here's how to do it:

Hide contents

2019-03-17_14-04-54.gif.35f53c39f71bd953

Yes, top of the list, and it has the "manage roles" permission.

Edit:

It might be because I removed the bots manage nickname and kick permissions?
I found them both to be extremely annoying so I opted to just not have them enabled for the bot.

Edited by Kitty Davis

Detailed changelog of update 1.0.7:

• You can now disable automatic nickname synchronization
  • OutOfRangeException is no longer thrown when a Discord server owner tries to link his Discord account
  • Fixed a bug with notifications about replies for Support Requests

Mentioning members reporting bugs fixed in that update or suggesting features added in this update:

@DChiuch @Kitty Davis @TheSkyLounge.tv @Morrigan @Cory Fuller @Bryan Parker @Tammy Wagner

2 hours ago, Kitty Davis said:

Nop, this was just a regular user.

I hadn't saw that you had edited your post before I have written a reply for it - nickname synchronization can be disabled now, but unfortunately to prevent invalid application's behavior, bot needs the "Kick members" permission, because there is no option yet to disable kicking members after they unlink their Discord account with IPS account and after you delete their IPS account.

Edited by SoftwareFactory

Hi, I'm newbie playing discord, I want to ask if below description resolve the ips without native app push notifications problem? 

"Brilliant Discord Integration can send notifications about all content on your site to the Discord server. You can select from 25* different types of content + all content from Pages databases, including comments and reviews." 

And what is about this feature🈵️To improve notifications' look, you can use configurable Discord's Rich Embeds. 

Correct me I wrong, with this app, my member don't have to register again in Discord mobile app. Only install Discord app and sign in with ips account?