Brilliant Discord Integration

On 3/13/2019 at 11:06 PM, DChiuch said:

Is there a way to stop the Discord bot from changing people's nicknames? Some people have reported that after I installed Brilliant Discord, if they were to link their forum account, then the Discord bot would change their nickname on Discord. I'd rather that this didn't happen.

16 hours ago, TheSkyLounge.tv said:

+1

I found a way around this by removing the "manage nicknames" permission from the bot role in Discord.
It's not ideal, but it works.

Edited by Kitty Davis

This doesn't seem to add people in to the server who link their discords up with my site, and there is no clear path to allow them to join the Discord server either. 

I have to create an invite link which gives the invite code out in the URL, allowing them to potentially give that invite code out to their friends and just remove my url from it and replace it before the code with Discord's invite URL. Which defeats the purpose of locking it to specific member-groups, as it bypasses my site and uses the Discord invite system. 

For example: 

If the link is:

https://site.tld/discord/invite/1234567/

Then all they would need to do is give out the link:

https://discord.gg/1234567

And they've effectively bypassed it, they can give that out to whoever they like, which effectively bypasses the usergroup permissions. 

This is the one thing I loved about the other application; it could be if I wanted it to be a completely closed system, in that people who wanted to join the Discord could do so without invites.

And there doesn't appear to be a clear path to the invite system at all, anyway. Instead of joining the user upon linking their Discord account, they then have to go find the widget - click on it, and then go through. This is quite unnecessary in a closed system. 

EDIT:

Okay so I fixed the Invite Link problem where it would show the Invite Code by deleting the default "General" (which didn't work originally) and resetting it. This has resolved that issue. 

However there is still no clear path from syncing your Discord Account up to going onto the server. It seems you have to go find the Discord Widget afterwards and click on that. It'd be a good idea to include it on the account settings page, or have it so that on synchronisation to already logged in members via the account settings page - it automatically puts you on the Discord server. If that makes sense.

Also there doesn't appear to be any kind of role synchronisation what-so-ever. In my tests (Admin) when I joined the Discord Server, I was put in the default category. What does "Role Synchronisation" mean, exactly? 

Edited by Tripp★
On 3/20/2019 at 6:37 PM, Natea said:

Since the latest update I can't create new and edit notifications, It shows this error:

41ea21c61c46fe75f6e3e16bc56dfc1b.png

On 3/21/2019 at 6:44 AM, Sorus said:

Also receiving the above the error.

Please install the latest update. It fixes that bug. Sorry for inconvenience.

19 hours ago, Tammy Wagner said:

The widget does not work its just in an image on my forum and cant actually click it to go to the discord invite link.

Have you selected the invite in your widget options?

24 minutes ago, Makoto said:

Another login handler bug when attempting to delete members before the application is configured,

2b2ST53.png

Call to a member function link() on null in the member.php hook.

Thank you, It'll be fixed in next update.

Does anyone know how to move the default "sign in with discord" underneath the traditional sign-up form rather than having it be side to side. I've been able to edit plugin xmls or going into the theme html for minor edits with other apps, but I cannot find where I would do that for this plugin on my own. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Also thanks to the author for their hard work this plugin is great!

EDIT: I am using the default ipb theme btw

Edited by KMaster

Im unable to create new groups as brilliant discord throws an error.

UPDATE `brilliantdiscord_groupdata` brilliantdiscord_groupdata  SET `discord_roles`=NULL,`bypass_approval`=NULL WHERE group_id=9 
IPS\Db\Exception: Column 'bypass_approval' cannot be null (1048)
#0 /usr/www/public/forums/system/Db/Db.php(1149): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Member\\br...', Array)
#1 /usr/www/public/forums/init.php(588) : eval()'d code(83): IPS\_Db->update('`brilliantdisco...', '`discord_roles`...', 'WHERE group_id=...')
#2 /usr/www/public/forums/applications/brilliantdiscord/extensions/core/GroupForm/groupSettings.php(59): IPS\Member\brilliantdiscord_hook_group->setDiscordData(Array)
#3 /usr/www/public/forums/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(219): IPS\brilliantdiscord\extensions\core\GroupForm\_groupSettings->save(Array, Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#4 /usr/www/public/forums/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->form()
#5 /usr/www/public/forums/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /usr/www/public/forums/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->execute()
#7 /usr/www/public/forums/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

You need to create a default value for "bypass_approval" or allow it to be null.

Also not sure why this shows as black icon when not selected as its using the same image:
spacer.png

Edited by Tammy Wagner
On 3/23/2019 at 4:34 PM, Brenden3 said:

I just bought the app but I'm having trouble setting it up. I keep getting site is rate limited every time I try to configure. I wait the 8 minutes it wants me to, try again and it fails. Any advice?

Rate limits in configuration are usually temporary. Please send me a private message if it still doesn't work for you.

On 3/24/2019 at 9:35 AM, KMaster said:

Does anyone know how to move the default "sign in with discord" underneath the traditional sign-up form rather than having it be side to side. I've been able to edit plugin xmls or going into the theme html for minor edits with other apps, but I cannot find where I would do that for this plugin on my own. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Also thanks to the author for their hard work this plugin is great!

EDIT: I am using the default ipb theme btw

You would probably need to write a custom CSS code for that.

On 3/24/2019 at 4:16 PM, Tammy Wagner said:

Im unable to create new groups as brilliant discord throws an error.

UPDATE `brilliantdiscord_groupdata` brilliantdiscord_groupdata  SET `discord_roles`=NULL,`bypass_approval`=NULL WHERE group_id=9 
IPS\Db\Exception: Column 'bypass_approval' cannot be null (1048)
#0 /usr/www/public/forums/system/Db/Db.php(1149): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Member\\br...', Array)
#1 /usr/www/public/forums/init.php(588) : eval()'d code(83): IPS\_Db->update('`brilliantdisco...', '`discord_roles`...', 'WHERE group_id=...')
#2 /usr/www/public/forums/applications/brilliantdiscord/extensions/core/GroupForm/groupSettings.php(59): IPS\Member\brilliantdiscord_hook_group->setDiscordData(Array)
#3 /usr/www/public/forums/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(219): IPS\brilliantdiscord\extensions\core\GroupForm\_groupSettings->save(Array, Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#4 /usr/www/public/forums/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->form()
#5 /usr/www/public/forums/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /usr/www/public/forums/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->execute()
#7 /usr/www/public/forums/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

Thanks for your report. It'll be fixed in next update.

On 3/24/2019 at 4:16 PM, Tammy Wagner said:

Also not sure why this shows as black icon when not selected as its using the same image:
spacer.png

Sorry for inconvenience. That icon will be replaced soon.

20 hours ago, mrbowers said:

Does your app allow more then one server too connect to your website.

Unfortunately it's not yet possible.

18 hours ago, Cory Fuller said:

Is it possible to include Club notifications?

Notifications are being currently improved. We will consider adding notifications from Clubs.

Could you add a check for notifications to see if a file has been approved or not? My site approves files from some users we allow to upload files and it sends a fortification to our Discord server before we approve it. Also, could you make the notifications check to see if a file has been updated too? Right now it only posts if it's a new file.

11 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

@SoftwareFactory I just purchased and I was hoping it would at least have the role and username syncing. It appears to have role syncing but no nickname syncing? Is that a coming feature? It's sort of a deal breaker for me with a mod like this.

Brilliant Discord Integration supports both - group synchronization and username synchronization. All members are synchronized every hour, and if you change single member's username or group on your site, he will be immediately synchronized with Discord.

Edited by SoftwareFactory

Good Day!

I need some minor widget help... hopefully it's minor.

Is there a way to change the widget's background color to match my site's theme? I have tried using Inspect on my browser to locate where/how to make the color change but have had no luck so far. I know how to add custom.css to my theme, just have no idea what to add or if I need to make the change somewhere else. The blue-purple is sort of jarring.

Please give me the Village Idiot instructions. I am not very tech savvy on a good day.

Thank you and please see screenshot.

1168885930_ScreenShot2019-03-28at10_38_31AM.thumb.png.91fd17d56fe6a9bc4c2604f4c56fff9b.png

Hi,

It's not yet possible to change the widget color - it's an official Discord and we can't control how it's generated. In future updates, this widget will be probably a lot more customizable.

For advanced users:
You can try to create own Discord widget with Pages application and you can use method from our application to obtain data about your Discord server:

// Guild data is cached for 5 minutes.
$data = \IPS\brilliantdiscord\Util\Guild::guildData();

// $data['name'] is your Discord server name
// $data['avatar'] is your Discord server photo URL (as a string, or NULL if your server doesn't have a photo)
// $data['letters'] is the acronym for your Discord server name (for example: for "Brilliant Discord Integration Testing" name it's "BDIT")
// $data['online'] is the number of ONLINE members on your Discord server. May be cached by Discord API.
// $data['overall'] is the number of ALL members on your Discord server. May be cached by Discord API.

// $data['timestamp'] is the unix timestamp for time when that data was obtained from Discord API.