Brilliant Discord Integration

On 3/9/2019 at 10:58 AM, Eudemon said:

can the bot post category condition automatic respect private forum just like the other discord integration?

instead of having us clicking every single public forum to select it (and having to remember to add it in the future when new forum is created)

20190309110006.png

but sometimes there is a need to send private forum info to discord (ex. staff forum to staff discord channel)

6 hours ago, Wolf said:

@SoftwareFactory

That was supposed to be a date 03/11/2019

Thank you. It will be fixed in next version (1.0.4).

6 hours ago, Wolf said:

but sometimes there is a need to send private forum info to discord (ex. staff forum to staff discord channel)

I think that the best solution for the whole problem is an option to inverse conditions.

10 hours ago, a0x4b said:

Any plans for re-sending notifications on Discord for events when it's nearing start? For instance being able to set a time interval would be helpful to alert people that the event is starting soon.

Good idea, I'll take it into consideration.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:08 PM, ufshane said:

In the next update can you add a few things:

• Add in the list of roles to the Discord Member Section in ACP under the users profile
  • Add a sync button for members in their account settings
  • Add a sync all button in the ACP maybe on the configuration section next to clear data and reconfigure... make it green

@SoftwareFactory Are these doable in the next release possibly?

On 3/9/2019 at 4:06 PM, SoftwareFactory said:

Thank you for all your suggestions above this post. If possible, they will be taken into consideration while working on future updates.

I have replied to your private message. I'm not sure if it's related directly to the Brilliant Discord Integration app, because I can't reproduce that bug.

Don't work. I moved to another position and don't work. You need to remove this ICON from the source. If be possible, use a font.

On LoginHandler.php

public function logoForUcp()
    {
        // SVG logo in 16px size renders wrongly on Windows
        return \IPS\Theme::i()->resource( 'discord_logo_white.png', 'brilliantdiscord', 'front' );
    }

Try to fix it, We really need to use the facebook...

Edited by 403 - Forbideen
4 hours ago, 403 - Forbideen said:

Don't work. I moved to another position and don't work. You need to remove this ICON from the source. If be possible, use a font.

On LoginHandler.php

public function logoForUcp()
    {
        // SVG logo in 16px size renders wrongly on Windows
        return \IPS\Theme::i()->resource( 'discord_logo_white.png', 'brilliantdiscord', 'front' );
    }

Try to fix it, We really need to use the facebook...

Sorry for inconvenience. Actually it turned out that the issue is more complex than we supposed and we are currently working on it, the update will be available soon.

I would like guests to be able to view the join server page with a register/sign in button for the community... 

Ideally the flow would be user Go to Magic Invite Page -> Register or login -> comes back to invite page -> joins discord server

Disregard I think it already does this

Edited by ufshane
On 3/13/2019 at 11:06 PM, DChiuch said:

Is there a way to stop the Discord bot from changing people's nicknames? Some people have reported that after I installed Brilliant Discord, if they were to link their forum account, then the Discord bot would change their nickname on Discord. I'd rather that this didn't happen.

Going to have to agree with this, the changing of nicknames is fine and all, but not everyone wants it.
Would it be possible to have it as an option?

Additionally, would it be possible to have the bot in multiple servers? We have one staff discord and one public one, it'd be nice to send staff forum updates to a different discord.

I would LOVE this app if it could basically push all web notifications as a private conversation with each member on discord--is there a way down the road that this could happen? 

I'm envisioning this of course for topic replies and whatnot, but I see this being a way to engage my community (more active on discord than our website) more by notifying them when they get awards, replies, calendar events they RSVP'd to already, etc (aka things that are already web notifications that could be more useful as discord notifications, or rather both).

@SoftwareFactory

This update completely broke magic invites for my users.

I received this bug report, which I was able to confirm on my end:

[[Template brilliantdiscord/front/invites/accept is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bug.png.e13e03fdaf6d5dbe3890d8cdb563908e.thumb.png.883e869913432d02b5bd847c6dffbb69.png

Edited by Wolf

Small bug to report:

When using \IPS\nexus\Support\Request notifications, the Discord bot sends the links as frontend links instead of AdminCP links (that is, they send the links for the person who created the support request (the user) which will return an error, not the links for administrators to view/respond to the ticket).

I bought this thinking it worked the other way...Discord Roles to sync into IPS...

Heres why I really need this solution.

We use Patreon as our support platform. Patreon<>IPS integrations are poop at best. However Patreon<>Discord integration is tight, and live, and rock solid. My cleanest most up to date data of supporter tiers is on Discord, I was hoping to sync their Discord roles to the matching roles I have existing on IPS. Doable? Perhaps future update?

On 3/13/2019 at 4:06 PM, DChiuch said:

Is there a way to stop the Discord bot from changing people's nicknames? Some people have reported that after I installed Brilliant Discord, if they were to link their forum account, then the Discord bot would change their nickname on Discord. I'd rather that this didn't happen.

+1