Pages SuperGrid support

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, opentype said:

The image will automatically fill the entire space and you can set an aspect ration that makes sense for your content. 

The image that I am using below is: 769 x 367 How do i fix this repeat? Changing aspect size is not helping the banner, it is just reducing in vertical size and the repeat stays as it is.

Also, if you can suggest 1 recommended image size and recommended aspect size for that image that works best - I can have same size image created for all my future posts. 

Thank you!!

image.png.000f25bb32c5bdca8dd2b497d2fec21b.png

16 minutes ago, Victormax said:

The image that I am using below is: 769 x 367 How do i fix this repeat?

Again, SuperGrid will automatically fill the entire space. If it doesn’t work for you, it would be a local problem on your site, e.g. a bug in your theme. But I can’t identify that from just a screenshot. 

On 7/14/2019 at 5:53 AM, opentype said:

Okay. I can’t see the behavior in my main browser (Safari), but  I do see it in Firefox. I make a note and probably resolve it in the next maintenance release. The issue is too minor to offer a new version just for this I’m afraid. In the meantime, you can either perform these actions in the ACP or you can (temporarily or permanently) turn off the plugin setting to turn the images into links.  That also resolves the issue. 

Hi, I just wanted to point out that this is still an issue in version 3.1.0.  Are there any recommended workarounds besides turning off image links?  The above quote seems to reference actions that can be performed in the ACP and then fails to list any.

I temporarily removed the {{if $table and $table->canModerate()}} code from the recordRow template, which eliminates the checkbox that does not work properly.  But that seems a little counter productive.

It's true that it's not critical, but it's one of those little things that with time... becomes increasingly annoying.

1 hour ago, Allegheny said:

The above quote seems to reference actions that can be performed in the ACP and then fails to list any.

The was about moderating the entries in the ACP instead of the front end. 

1 hour ago, Allegheny said:

It's true that it's not critical, but it's one of those little things that with time... 

4.5 is around the corner and there will likely be a SuperGrid update for that. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, opentype said:

There is no such option, no. 

Thank you for the prompt answer @opentype
Because there is no such option, I have edited the file HTML "record" and deleted all the lines that display these informations. Final result is ok. However, I'm wondering is modifications I've made will be erase with a next update or if they will remain despite a future update.

27 minutes ago, Eathanor said:

Thank you for the prompt answer @opentype
Because there is no such option, I have edited the file HTML "record" and deleted all the lines that display these informations. Final result is ok. However, I'm wondering is modifications I've made will be erase with a next update or if they will remain despite a future update.

Modified templates will not be overwritten automatically. But in general, you will have to manually maintain any change you make to any IPS template. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, jpointer2_merged said:

@opentype

Loving it so far, but I don't seem to be getting the image pulled through to Facebook when I share, any ideas?
https://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/articles/interviews/flying-cars-interview-r4/

Works fine. You can test it here: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/

The Facebook crawler works in the background and not in real-time. If you share a link for the first time, it usually won’t have an image initially. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

my install has been neglected for a year or so and I've discovered that none of my pages are linking correctly.

I'm sure I've had this error before and it turned out to be this plugin.

I'm happy to pay somebody to take a look at this as I'm fairly sure it's a quick fix.

Below is the error I get when trying to view any records. 

ex-100.thumb.png.8f78502865c1e81a741fe5c06dcc40f9.png

Block template! Create blocks anywhere on your site – pointing to your database – and make them as beautiful as the database itself. A block template with options is included in the package. 

Hello @opentype. I don't see any block template with options available.
Where can I find it ?

Thank you.

Edit Problem solved 🙂 

Edited by Olmyster
Problem solved
  • 3 weeks later...

Love all the templates i have been using from you! I have a couple requests that might benefit others.

Would it be possible to add "About Author" part under the author name and avatar? Data can come from "About Me" in the profile? Caould include a setting to limit the number of characters, but this can utilize the currently empty space.

And may be, a link to other content from "specified databases" for the author?

thanks for considering!

steve k.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2020 at 3:38 PM, misfit76 said:

Love all the templates i have been using from you! I have a couple requests that might benefit others.

Would it be possible to add "About Author" part under the author name and avatar? Data can come from "About Me" in the profile? Caould include a setting to limit the number of characters, but this can utilize the currently empty space.

And may be, a link to other content from "specified databases" for the author?

thanks for considering!

steve k.

I had @DawPi design a plugin that does exactly this, and it also handles forum posts that have been archived. So if you have archived posts, rather than all links to those old posts being gone and no longer available from the poster's profile, there is an "Archives" tab that includes links to all archived posts.

Here is how that looks:

https://www.celiac.com/profile/2-scott-adams/

Edited by sadams101