Pages SuperGrid support

opentype

• 2 weeks later...

@opentype Hi Ralf, is there anyway to turn off the sidebar in the listings view? I have the system categories block on the index page which is fine, but I don't want it to appear in the actual record view as it takes up real estate on the page and it would be better for the listing to have more breathing room.

I understand that \IPS\Output::i()->sidebar['enabled'] = FALSE; can be used to turn off the sidebar, but I can't find where to place this (if indeed it can be placed) in which template, but only for the record view page.

With thanks 🙂

19 minutes ago, Davyc said:

I understand that \IPS\Output::i()->sidebar['enabled'] = FALSE; can be used to turn off the sidebar, but I can't find where to place this (if indeed it can be placed) in which template, but only for the record view page.

You can just drop that in any template that is used for the view you want to change. 

5 hours ago, opentype said:

You can just drop that in any template that is used for the view you want to change. 

Thanks Ralf, I tried all the templates but none worked - the template that it should have worked in just threw that line of code onto the page as though it were part of the content.  I've since managed to get rid of the sidebar, but there is a long list of CSS commands for each article page lol.  It's a sledgehammer to crack a nut, but it works 🙂

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

@opentype

I really love the plugin 🙂 Makes my articles section quite nice. Thank you!

One question, when I see an individual record, on the left of the avatar there is quite of empty space. I like it in general, but I think it is too much empty space (for my laptop resolution or people with high resolution).

Can I somehow control the ratio of this? Like instead of 60% of the space to be for the article itself and then on the left - avatar + empty space, can I change this to 80% of the space to be for the article content? 

Can I change this somewhere in the code maybe?

3 hours ago, opentype said:

There is no setting for this. The code is in the record display template, if you want to change it yourself. 

I found the code and the template, but not sure where to find and modify the CSS.
As far as I can see, I need to modify: .ipsGrid_span9 and, .ipsGrid_span3, to 85% and 15%

.ipsApp .ipsGrid > .ipsGrid_span9 {
    width: 85%;
}
.ipsApp .ipsGrid > .ipsGrid_span3 {
    width: 15%;
}

Can you guide me @opentype where in the admin panel I can find these to modify them?

Edited by estan

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, 403 - Forbiddeen said:

Hello @opentype, this is a pre order question.

1. It's possible to allow filter by TAG or CATEGORY? I want to create a section to share cheats and tutorials about game, and i want to allow the possible to filter by CONSOLE/PLATAFORM and filter by GAME. 

Pages can use filters if you set a suitable field (like ‘select box’) as filter and then add the filter widget to the page. That would be supported by every Pages database, doesn’t matter which template (like SuperGrid) is being used. 
(tags don’t work as filters, neither do Database categories. Categories act like folders.)