Pages SuperGrid support

On 12/7/2020 at 4:40 PM, misfit76 said:

Any help here is appreciated. I cannot seem to find where the width of the  sections.

This code is fine for me in my website:

.ipsGrid:not([data-ipsgrid-minitemsize]) >.ipsGrid_span3 {
  grid-column:span 2 !important;
   }
.ipsGrid:not([data-ipsgrid-minitemsize]) >.ipsGrid_span9 {
  grid-column:span 10 !important;
   }

Try it.

1 hour ago, pequeno said:

This code is fine for me in my website:

.ipsGrid:not([data-ipsgrid-minitemsize]) >.ipsGrid_span3 {
  grid-column:span 2 !important;
   }
.ipsGrid:not([data-ipsgrid-minitemsize]) >.ipsGrid_span9 {
  grid-column:span 10 !important;
   }

Try it.

Problem with this in mobile:

822904891_supergridmobile.png.ec008bb458409c969419fc3893a58f46.png

I put the original template.

Any solution for chage the left column (grid) size?

12 hours ago, pequeno said:

Problem with this in mobile:

822904891_supergridmobile.png.ec008bb458409c969419fc3893a58f46.png

I put the original template.

Any solution for chage the left column (grid) size?

I added  setting fro mobile in custom. So the whole thing looks like this:

.SG_record_left.ipsGrid_span3.ipsSpacer_top.ipsType_right.ipsResponsive_hidePhone {
    width: 19.404255319148934% !important;
}

.SG_record_right_with_image.ipsGrid_span9.ipsAreaBackground_reset {
    width: 78.46808510638297% !important;
}

@media (max-width: 767px){
  .SG_record_right_with_image.ipsGrid_span9.ipsAreaBackground_reset {
    width: 100% !important;
  }
}

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi,

Before I consider buying this, would this allow me to have the SuperGrid as the landing page , called HOME , and this pull content from a forum called "News & Rumours"? 

I know nothing abut html and css so confusing. From what I can see in the admin panel on my site , "articles" have to be written in the admin panel. That would create issues as I would want to offload some of the article creation to a moderator or other person , of which I don't want access to the admin panel.

Matt

Edited by alphamale
17 minutes ago, alphamale said:

Hi,

Before I consider buying this, would this allow me to have the SuperGrid as the landing page , called HOME , and this pull content from a forum called "News & Rumours"? 

I know nothing abut html and css so confusing. From what I can see in the admin panel on my site , "articles" have to be written in the admin panel. That would create issues as I would want to offload some of the article creation to a moderator or other person , of which I don't want access to the admin panel.

Yes, you can use SuperGrid on a homepage and yes, you can allow members in certain member groups (e.g. moderators) to write articles from the front page. 
But I want to make one thing perfectly clear: this product is only a design template for Pages databases. I highly recommend that you do not buy it unless you have worked with Pages databases and you fully understand what they do and how they work. After that, SuperGrid will be a useful options to make the output of your Pages databases look much nicer. 

4 minutes ago, opentype said:

Yes, you can use SuperGrid on a homepage and yes, you can allow members in certain member groups (e.g. moderators) to write articles from the front page. 
But I want to make one thing perfectly clear: this product is only a design template for Pages databases. I highly recommend that you do not buy it unless you have worked with Pages databases and you fully understand what they do and how they work. After that, SuperGrid will be a useful options to make the output of your Pages databases look much nicer. 

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. 

Will try and learn about databases first then.

Matt

Had a video done from Matt so getting to grips with Pages and the Database etc. In the video he suggests having 2 pages , 1 for news articles (A) and 1 for a landing page (B) that pulls content from A. Could I not just pull from a forum on the main forum called "News & Articles" and have the content coming to the front landing page (B) and make it look pretty with your templates or will this only work by pulling content from a database? If so , I would need to hide Page A from the public as it will look daft.

Edited by alphamale
12 minutes ago, alphamale said:

Had a video done from Matt so getting to grips with Pages and the Database etc. In the video he suggests having 2 pages , 1 for news articles (A) and 1 for a landing page (B) that pulls content from A. Could I not just pull from a forum on the main forum called "News & Articles" and have the content coming to the front landing page (B) and make it look pretty with your templates or will this only work by pulling content from a database?

I have various products for all these different scenarios. SuperGrid comes with templates for the the database page itself but also for article blocks (which can show on any page). SuperGrid only works for articles (“Pages records”) though. I have a matching product for forum blocks called SuperTopics.  
And I also have a product called SuperBlocks which only works for blocks, but for almost all content types. It’s well suited for a homepage combining content from various parts of the website. 

12 minutes ago, alphamale said:

If so , I would need to hide Page A from the public as it will look daft.

No, you wouldn’t want to hide the article page. It’s where are ALL the articles will live, while pulling from that page through blocks will only show a few records, e.g. the latest ones. As said earlier, my suggestion is to start building this stuff first and see how it’s going, before thinking about applying additional products to make it look better. 

After uploading your plugin the 7 or so articles which I had on my website appeared liked this...

119787192_NoPreviewImage.jpg.2c31e5504c63208560086a76203b9177.jpg

As you can see, yellowish background but no image preview from article?

I assumed the plugin would take one of the attached images from the article and automatically use it for the main article thumbnail. I was wrong.

Within the "Edited" area at the very bottom of my article I saw this....

1205813397_ChooseSingleImage.thumb.jpg.519a9734cb45a1af4a136275655ae7c6.jpg

I've always just uploaded images and attached them within text areas of my article. I've never used the "Choose Single File" feature because I never saw its relevance until now!

Once I uploaded an image using the "Choose Single File" I then corrected my problem and I now see this...

86888044_CorrectedPreviewImage.jpg.39e8e2b6be11755c176c0f0fe2a401c8.jpg

The problem is though, no where have I found information regarding this to inform users that they must upload an image using the "Choose Single File" in order to make the plugin work properly?

Other problems / questions...

Question 1:

490424130_UserFeedback.thumb.jpg.c6bdee9753f446e576ae032da83337a4.jpg

Before replying to an article I see the large text "User Feedback". Is that part of your plugin or has that always been there as part of Invision? I've never actually noticed it until after installing your plugin. The forums don't have that text "User Feedback" so I don't understand why its there given its pretty clear to users where to add comments.

Question 2:

417983870_DoubleTitles.thumb.jpg.8cbab3e342d3f40fd9677477c7dfd67e.jpg

DOUBLE TITLES!!

When I'm creating an article I input the title. But I also like to add the title at the start of the Content area for example..

Home Gym....

By .....

Article starts here blah blah blah.....

The problem however as can be seen from the screenshot, due to layout, it just looks like a double title and double by...

So the only way to get around the problem is to edit all my articles one by one to remove titles and by... from the top of the content area? Which is time consuming.

6 minutes ago, Robert222 said:

I assumed the plugin would take one of the attached images from the article and automatically use it for the main article thumbnail. 

The product descriptions is very clear about that. It specifically says that the Record Image is “required”. 

1817836852_Bildschirmfoto2021-02-28um16_36_34.thumb.png.8a67da2b8ed011b3016db0cb7649f5a1.png

In addition, it’s useful to have that anyway, since it also used for streams, social media sharing and so on. 

Before replying to an article I see the large text "User Feedback". Is that part of your plugin or has that always been there as part of Invision?

It certainly is on my demo page for SuperGrid so it shouldn’t come as a surprise. 

one by one to remove titles and by... from the top of the content area? 

There shouldn’t be additional titles (or the author information shown in the screenshot) at the top of the content area and my product didn’t put them there. If you or other authors of your articles put them there, that problem was caused when these articles were created in the past. That is completely unrelated to my product. 

2 hours ago, opentype said:

The product descriptions is very clear about that. It specifically says that the Record Image is “required”. 

1817836852_Bildschirmfoto2021-02-28um16_36_34.thumb.png.8a67da2b8ed011b3016db0cb7649f5a1.png

In addition, it’s useful to have that anyway, since it also used for streams, social media sharing and so on. 

It certainly is on my demo page for SuperGrid so it shouldn’t come as a surprise. 

There shouldn’t be additional titles (or the author information shown in the screenshot) at the top of the content area and my product didn’t put them there. If you or other authors of your articles put them there, that problem was caused when these articles were created in the past. That is completely unrelated to my product. 

I would like to say that regarding the "Record Image" is required....Sorry but thats technical talk, who the hell knows what "Record Image" means? Means nothing to me until now. You need to understand that regular people are purchasing your plugins and aren't familar with the technical aspects of using Invision as its quite complex to be honest.

I didn't even realise that its also important for social media sharing? So now I need to go back through every forum topic and Article I've created and add that "Single Image File" in order to have a picture show if someone shares an article etc to social media?

Can the "User Feedback" be removed then? The words used make it sound like your asking for product feedback and not a general response to an article?

Regarding the last thing, I did not say it was your fault regarding the double titles. I said it is my style of creating articles and forum content by adding the title to the content area as well including the name of the author (myself) or another name. However adding your product has unfortunately created a problem for me meaning I need to now go through every post on my site to remove the title and author from the top of the content area so that double titles etc don't appear. Other users who may buy your product should be aware of this potential problem. That's all I am saying. 

8 minutes ago, Robert222 said:

Sorry but thats technical talk, who the hell knows what "Record Image" means? Means nothing to me until now.

Then next time, when you don’t understand something in the product description—especially when it’s marked as required—, please ask in advance. That’s what the support topics are also for. “Record Image” is the official name of that field. I need to be able to simply call it that. It is impossible to explain every possible term I use in the product description or to explain the general usage of Invision Community regarding such functions. The latter is done through IPS’ Guides section. 

8 minutes ago, Robert222 said:

You need to understand that regular people are purchasing your plugins and aren't familar with the technical aspects of using Invision as its quite complex to be honest.

I do understand that very well. That’s why I go to great lengths to avoid such problems by:

• clearly listing what is required
  • describing in detail what my products do
  • describing in detail how to install and configure them
  • listing all features and settings
  • addressing FAQ and common problems
  • running a paid demo site just for the purpose of letting users inspect every detail of my products on a live site (instead of just screenshots)

Quite honestly, I wouldn’t know how I could possibly do anything on top of that. The client also needs to do his or her part by making sure they know and understand what they are getting before making the purchase. 

• 3 weeks later...