Pages SuperGrid support

3 minutes ago, tlw1999 said:

I've uninstalled the previous version and you're right, it was not the cause of the problem.

Any idea what I would be looking for in the custom.css file?

I would copy it all, paste it somewhere else, and clear the custom.css entirely. If things start working after that, it will tell you that the problem is in the custom.css.

If so, it could be anything. Usually a missing } or something like that which breaks the rest of the code. 

Any further thoughts on how I can fix this?

I've cleared the cache and as I said the custom.css is empty so there's nothing causing an over ride in there.

The problem is there regardless of which theme I use so I don't know if that helps to narrow it down or not.

Also, I've noticed that if I switch the plug in off, nothing changes. I am still getting the tiled images and the layout still looks like supergrid is active rather than reverting back to the default system layout (with the header image of an article shown as a small thumbnail on the left of the opening paragraph).

That's a bit weird, right? I mean if the plug in is switched off shouldn't the layout revert back to how it would be without supergrid?

11 minutes ago, tlw1999 said:

I mean if the plug in is switched off shouldn't the layout revert back to how it would be without supergrid?

No, that is not how it works. It would only turn off the settings and the CSS – but the CSS isn’t working for you anyway, so it is expected that nothing changes. 

I really can’t say more. I haven’t seen your site, let alone your ACP, so I can’t check what is going on. You could start fresh and remove SuperGrid entirely. (Note that you would have to manually remove all SuperGrid templates. They are not removed by removing the plugin.)
But it could also be that you have some other issues on your website which just result in the SuperGrid CSS not working. That is in fact very likely. I’ve seen it many times. Because IPS merges the different CSS files, a problem in one file could stop the rest of the additional CSS to fail. 

So I uninstalled and I think the templates have automatically been deleted as I can't find any. The site has reverted back to how it looked without supergrid, but the option to select supergrid listing is still there which suggests maybe there are still files or templates in there somewhere.

I need to check everything is gone before I reinstall, so could you tell me where would they be located? Thanks.

Edit: Never mind, I've found them and am now deleting.

Edited by tlw1999

So all of the templates are gone and there's nothing left of supergrid. The images are now showing in the standard, default layout but the size isn't being reduced to thumbnail size so you can only see a fraction of the actual photo in the thumbnail. Until I can get that fixed there is no point reinstalling supergrid as the problem is clearly not anything related to the plug in.

I'll definitely be re-installing as soon as this is resolved as supergrid is great. Thanks for creating it!

Great news! After uninstalling, deleting everything, changing the settings back to standard, I reinstalled Supergrid again from scratch and it works perfectly and looks fantastic on the new version.

So for anyone who experiences issues after updating to the latest board, just wipe everything and start again and hopefully that does the trick.

This is definitely the most important plug in I use so this is a big relief to get it back.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, CheersnGears said:

I have both installed, but when I upload a picture, the category looks like it has space made for the picture, but the picture doesn't actually appear.

Anything special I need to do?

It should work out of the box. Have you checked the source code? Is it pointing to an image URL? 
Anything unusual going on with your storage locations? 

If I do an inspect on the preview of the file in the ACP, I get:

src="https://www.cheersandgears.com/uploads/monthly_2023_02/2023-Integra-performance-xl.png.4fa9a2dcb7f39ea84f9a01a7409d673c.png"

which works, but shouldn't because that's not where it should be uploaded to.

It should go to:

<div class="SG_cat_image" style="background-image:url('https://www.cheersandgears.com/uploads/attachments/monthly_2023_02/2023-Integra-performance-xl.png.4fa9a2dcb7f39ea84f9a01a7409d673c.png');"></div>

as reflected in the code from SuperGrid.

I am testing by moving the attachements back to the upload directory.

1 hour ago, opentype said:

It should work out of the box. Have you checked the source code? Is it pointing to an image URL? 
Anything unusual going on with your storage locations? 

Apparently, this is a known issue.

So ideally either he needs to use a standard location in his app or you'll need to grab the storage location set by his.